Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 78 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

Yes I was bowled over by the GP editions at Hethel. Even nicer in person than the pictures suggest.

14 hours ago, Stubox said:

Ha! I asked for exactly the same yellow stripe to match the interior detail and it never happened....also told they wouldn't do a complete alcantara wheel for me due to wear issues.....obviously they assume the 430 owners not to drive theirs :)

I too asked for a yellow stripe to match the yellow stitching, shot down.. I did order the full Alcantara wheel though

I had a look at the GP edition a few weeks ago. Was very tempted, then the 430 marketing kicked off. It is stunning, motorsport Black with the gold fleck per the LF1. I would love to have seen some red in it too - I love the sharp lines of the new cars, the LF1 looks a bit "soft" in comparison.

I'd not go near black again on a car I'd actually drive. It's a nightmare and unfortunately seems to be our go to colour (really regretting on the Audi). Looks great for a few minutes after polishing. Which I can't be arsed to do. 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

• Gold FFM

Positive article: http://www.automobilemag.com/news/lotus-evora-sport-410-review-first-drive/

Timing of circulation seems a little 'behind the curve'. Presumably to synch with the first batch of customer ordered 410s appearing stateside?

• Thanks 1

Having said that, the interior shots from that review are all wrong (for a GP 410). Looks like bright yellow stitching, maybe even green, no piano black steering wheel or centre console, just regular gunmetal grey. Perhaps the writer didn't actually drive a GP edition.

Back to looking for more pics of the GP's interior then!

Further detective work reveals the car he drove to be that bright green car that Jack Baruth drove, whoever Jack Baruth is. So must have been green stitching after all.

@The Pits Jack Baruth writes for american Road & Track mag. - his comments on the green 410, doing a tour in europe (with Lotus service, so some efforts seem to appear....not press work like "take the car....see you...." anymore maybe) were fine, esp on instagram

Did he actually write an article or was it just on Instagram?

this white 410 looks absolutely GOR-GEOUS :wub: ! and it has the good idea to be auto :P ... taken from an ad on PH (Hexagon is offering it) ! even the stripes look good on it, whereas it can be weird on some colours (especially for french people, when grey on blue :police: )...

lotus-evora-S2946017-1.jpg

lotus-evora-S2946017-3.jpg

lotus-evora-S2946017-4.jpg

lotus-evora-S2946017-5.jpg

lotus-evora-S2946017-6.jpg

• Like 1

@French Frie pics look great - but I have seen a car in nearly the same spec in reality (and the white is not t h a t shiny ......), not so sure if White is the best "Partner" to the carbon parts, this Point of view has been shared from another Evora seeing the (same) car, but as always: everyone has ist own taste

@Snoopy1969: I'm not a big fan of white cars usually, but I reckon it fits the Evora pretty well, and the contrast with black/carbon parts does the job IMHO... just like for the official Lotus pictures of the SR Evora. But you're right, it has to be seen in the flesh to be sure !

The 410 shows it's hand.....

In the last couple of days i've dropped several posts on the GT430 thread,musings about the entire Evora range based on intriguing figures and stats drawn from official Lotus info. The 410 is a standout and something of a statistical hero,but how quick is it compared to other sports cars?  First lets do a quick re-cap in case you 410 boys missed the other thread...using non-optioned base price and Hethel lap times the 410 is 4.3% faster than the 400 and costs 12% more. The 430 is 7.2% faster than the 400 and costs 53% more. Some quick math...7.2-4.3=2.9...so the 430 is approaching 3% faster than the 410 and costs 37% more....try this,if they set off together the 410 will pass the 400 every 24 laps!

Now,back to the comparison.....the Evora 400 was tested by R & T pcoty'17 and did superbly well picking up the silver medal. The group of cars were tracked and timed with the 400 dead last,no surprise as it had the least power and torque in the test. R&T said the performance gap was largely due to lower grade tyres. The US 410 is heavier and uses the standard 400 engine(without that 2.5% 10hp late rev boost) so will be a little slower....but who cares about that, how quick is YOUR car. Here is a list of those R&T lap times

1)911 turbo S..1.32.07   2)corvette GS..1.32.16   3)acura NSX..1.32.45   4)GTR nismo..1.32.58   5)R8v10plus..1.33.59   6)F-type SVR..1.36.31   7)M4gts..1.36.97   8)amgc63s..1.37.30  9)Evora 400..1.39.56

So,where would a 410 fit in this group.....above the F-type SVR with a pleasing 1.35.28....way to go!     

I know,i know,what about the 430,well the math is done,and it's good...over on the 430 thread

BTW, do we have any numbers regarding 410s already built ? it was supposed to be a limited production of 150 cars each year ...

Everybody here (including me !) seems to be fond of this version, but is it a commercial success ? I heard it may be not ... Even if it now looks cheap, compared to the GT430 :P !