Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My MY11 Evora S; the next chapter(s). - Page 3 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My MY11 Evora S; the next chapter(s).

1 minute ago, JayEmm said:

We'll have to meet up when I am "with Lotus". @GM77 and co have already been offered by a local pub landlord to have a Lotus meet at his pub near Colchester

I'm in! Have a mate with a 911 who would be keen as well. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ah, the pressure! OK, I'm on it to organise. I will post something on the Essex/Camb./Herts events board and see who is interested.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, Gm77 said:

Ah, the pressure! OK, I'm on it to organise. I will post something on the Essex/Camb./Herts events board and see who is interested.

Let me know if you need a hand organasising. I'm sure a dealer or two would be happy to pop down. How many 400s do we need to make it the biggest gathering thus far, 6?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

2 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Don't forget about those on the Northern Essex/Suffolk borders :animier:Colchester is pretty central :thumbup:

All welcome. Would be great if we could fill the car park with Loti!

I have started a new thread. Possibly aiming for late April.

Just now, JayEmm said:

Let me know if you need a hand organasising. I'm sure a dealer or two would be happy to pop down. How many 400s do we need to make it the biggest gathering thus far, 6?

Thanks James. 

The last one I arranged we had 5 400s so yes, 6 would probably do it.

• Like 1

Ah, now that the Essex/Suffolk love-in has moved elsewhere...  ;)

On 16 March 2016 at 15:01, Bravo73 said:

However, when I had the air filter lid out, I noticed that there is a secondary filter of some sort attached to the lid:

IMG_5154_zpsrgwlopfh.jpg

There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to remove (or change) it because the fittings/plastic rivets around the edge have been melted to secure it. However, to my layman eyes, it looks like it will still be very restrictive to the airflow. Has anybody (who has fitted a K&N panel filter) been brave enough to remove this second filter?

My research has led me to discover that this a carbon filter that is required for the federal market. On the basis that a) it is downstream from the actual (K&N) filter and b) it seems that it can only be restrictive to the airflow, it seems like it is safe for it to come out. So, after a little bit of drilling and a few minutes, I was left with this:

IMG_5204_zpsfuic1epc.jpg

No problems with reinstalling the airbox. (It's obviously a lot quicker and easier the second time around. FYI, the maintenance manual says that you should remove the NSR wheel in order to access one of the airbox clips. I haven't got the smallest hands in the world but I can assure you that this isn't necessary. The third clip is definitely accessible from above).

Has removing the additional filter made any difference? To be honest, who really knows..? I suspect that a dyno might not even detect a difference. But the car was definitely quick enough around Snetterton yesterday. I also had Motorsports see if they could find if there was anything that would indicate that the car was down on power. They can check the octane burn per cylinder (on a scale of 0 to 100, 0 being perfect, 100 being goosed). One cylinder was 5, one was 0.75 and the rest were 0. So, the engine would appear to be running just fine. I suspect that the dyno that I used is on the, er, conservative side.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'll have 2bular headers and sport cat, connected to my existing Lotus Sports exhaust, on my car in a few weeks. Have you noticed any difference yet?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 5 weeks later...

Nice one Jonny, sound clip sounds great as well.

I need to get my car on a rolling road as the new 2bular headers definitely improve the noise and the popping and gurgling is hugely addictive - so much so it has slowed me down a few times just to hear it on the over run!

Car is looking great, the black lotus badges on the back are so correct with the red, i was lucky ,my car came with them.

Keep on enjoying it and keep the updates (to car and forum ;) ) coming...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 5 months later...

Aha. I'm glad you asked.

The car is going in for a little bit of, er, 'open heart surgery' in mid February. I'm not going to reveal what is planned (yet) but, rest assured, when it's up and running again, I'll be posting the details here. It should be worth it (I hope!)

• Like 1

Nope. I considered that but at £6k+, that was a bit more than I was hoping to spend. If/when the option that I'm going for works, it will hopefully be a viable alternative to the Komotec/SSC options available at present. And it is UK based. More details will be revealed (as soon as I can).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Nope. I considered that but at £6k+, that was a bit more than I was hoping to spend. If/when the option that I'm going for works, it will hopefully be a viable alternative to the Komotec/SSC options available at present. And it is UK based. More details will be revealed (as soon as I can).

Assume comparable prices for comparible performance as well? 

• 1 year later...

Nice to hear the love for ES. My car is there at the moment having a bit of work done and so far I have been very impressed with them. 

Your car is looking amazing and I can scaresly imagine the performance. 

• Like 1

Really nice update and great to her that it is all going well Jonny. What you having done Paul? Any performance enhancing stuff or maintenance?

The small print.