Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3.0 V6 Conversion - Page 6 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

3.0 V6 Conversion

OHHHH MY GODDDD!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I LOVE IT!!! FABULOUS!!!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Very neat installation. :) With the engine cover on it looks standard which I like.

Sounds sooo nice. :band: Love the sound of V6's. Engine sound now matches the looks of the car to give it the total supercar package. :)

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the PM Punky, just read the build thread start to finish

Man thats kin fantastic, I'm jealous as hell, have you got any updates yet ?

Do you know how much power you have or a 0-60 time yet ?

I hope you dont mind me asking, but how much did the overall conversion cost (tell me f**k off if you want) but I'm weighing up the cost of converting vs buying an S4 or the like

Looking though green tinted specs

Colin

Once Danny and Jon have got theirs up and running we will have to get the cars together for a meet somewhere.

Hilly

[rewind]

Agreed Andy - you guys are all running - hopefully that'll be worth the wait.. mine should at least be ready in the first half of this year. As long as I secure new employment soon then I should be able to hang onto it. :P

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

• 5 years later...

Hi Punky, My plan is to do the same. Nigels gonna do the work. I'm good friends with him, and via this forum. My Esprit's engine decided to die couple of months ago. I will have the engine rebuilt but won't have it installed. Just gonna be stressing doing high speed on the autobahn. 3.0litre Durratec probably with ST220 engine is the way to go. Did you get my PM? Just wanna rattle your brain before I fully into selecting the right engine/car. Cheers, Eddie

• 2 weeks later...