Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1978 S2 - Save, Restore, Cherish - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1978 S2 - Save, Restore, Cherish

Look forward to reading this - and seeing the pictures of the restoration

Great so far :thumbsup:

Nice story and welcome. Look forward to seeing the piccies of how this develops and turns out.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Fantastic find Shenton,  You guys risk your necks over on that side of the pond classic car hunting !  Great story and lucky find, 2500k is good money for a complete car in my eyes, even though it looks sad at the moment, it is complete. :)  Plus your very lucky with your farther having the workshop with ramps and spray booth. 

I do envy you lot on that side of the pond with the land you guys have, i think i would be a hoarder though if i had space to keep more cars. :P

Look forward to the tear down, plenty of pictures needed. !  and put another speedline alloy wheel on it ! with all its faults at the moment that is the only one that would concern me for the moment lol. :P

A

Dude, you are one crazy mofo to deal with that nut job. Good on you for actually doing it and buying it. It's great to see a car get saved and not just turn to dust in his back lot, like so many other vehicles.

I have just moved to MD from NY near the Poughkeepsie area and we did have a family farm in Kent for 90 years. I'm not from the area anymore, but I do get back there and would want to view the corpse you have dragged home...:-)

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

Shenton,

Great find !  I live in New Jersey and have a 79 S2 that's just like yours.  Carnival Red with gold decals and black lower body trim.  Can't see the interior of your car but I'm guessing it's probably black (tinted to a greenish hue by now from sun exposure) or maybe tan ?  $2500 seems like a pretty fair price for that car - they're hard to come by which should help when/if you ever decide to sell.  I've had my car for a number of years now and am doing a slow nut and bolt restoration.  I've already completed the chassis with all new suspension, steering and brake parts, refurbished Speedline wheels and I have a ton of new and restored parts that are ready to go back on the car when their turn comes.  I overhauled the transaxle myself and am starting on the body now.  Hopefully, it'll be ready to paint by the end of this summer (I'll be doing that myself as well).  Still a million jobs to do (engine, rebuild wiring harness, re-trim interior, etc. etc.) but I'll get to all of them eventually.  Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.  I'm not an expert but most Esprit owners probably know more than they may realize.  Additionally, using this forum will only make your restoration easier.  I was in Connecticut (Berlin) a month ago on another British car quest - too bad you didn't have the S2 then otherwise I would eagerly have dropped by for a look.  If I'm up that way any time soon I'll contact you.  You're welcome to stop by my residence if you find yourself in northwest New Jersey.

Best of luck.

Lou R

Nice story, you wont regret it, just looking at it every morning is enough to make you happy and is worth the 2500$, then comes the day you drive it, it will be a grin from ear to ear!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

Thanks again for all the great advice and comments.  Luckily, the 4th speedline wheel was in the passenger seat when I bought it :-)

I'll be starting a thread for the restoration today....I will start breaking her down this and next weekend. 

Best regards to you all,

Shenton

Look forward to following your progress. :thumbsup: