Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SWLC Meet & Drive - Sat 9th April - UK - South West England - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SWLC Meet & Drive - Sat 9th April

Bibs

I'm flying down on Saturday to pick up my new car and wondered if anyone would like to head over to SWLC to say hello. 1pm works nicely. After that, we can go for a nice drive if you like out onto the moors and find a nice pub for a swift half/cream tea. Interested?

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

That sounds like a plan - never knowingly turned down a cream tea! 

Does flying down mean Exeter airport?  If so, I will pass there en route and can pick up if a lift required.

See ya Sat.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Sadly I no longer own a Lotus, although I do dip into the forum now and again.

Having just picked up a GT4 and only having cover 400 miles in a month I need to run in though would be up for a drive if you allow dirty Germans in the convoy

46 minutes ago, MPx said:

Does flying down mean Exeter airport?  If so, I will pass there en route and can pick up if a lift required.

I'm going to Newquay matey and James has offered to pick me up but thank you! See you Saturday :D

4 minutes ago, rafphillips said:

Having just picked up a GT4 and only having cover 400 miles in a month I need to run in though would be up for a drive if you allow dirty Germans in the convoy

You'd be very welcome, but I won't apologise for any stick you get! :P

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

See you there Bibs. Mike, fancy meeting A30?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

30 minutes ago, mayesprit said:

See you there Bibs. Mike, fancy meeting A30?

Good plan Ian...but where ?  Can only think of Exeter services or maybe the BP / Diner (?) at the first Oakhampton turn or the service area opposite the Shell Garage at the (next) Bridestowe exit ? 

Could be up for this, SWLC is only down the road.

No Lotus yet but I might dust off the TVR if you don't mind another old, noisy, plastic British car joining in? (Assuming it's not pissing down as usual)

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, SWLC said:

Looking forward to a nice little drive out, was thinking we might all head out hear? https://www.twobridges.co.uk/ as its a lovely drive out onto the moors.

Two bridges is great for food and a pint and makes for good driving Country ?

4 hours ago, MPx said:

Good plan Ian...but where ?  Can only think of Exeter services or maybe the BP / Diner (?) at the first Oakhampton turn or the service area opposite the Shell Garage at the (next) Bridestowe exit ? 

Two choices Mike. Exeter Services although it's bound to be busy as its going home day for Easter School Hols trafic 

or

As soon as you drive onto A30 from M5 there is a fairly big layby less than half mile from joining A30

Either fine for me, just let me know a time that suits ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Forecast looks shite at best. As for my car, better bring the towels.

3 hours ago, mayesprit said:

Two choices Mike.

:ermm: I have a third way ...

Agree Exeter Services not at all ideal.  However random layby not ideal either as I have been informed that I am on drop off duty in Exeter centre so would normally get back on the A30 at the A377 exit thus missing the Layby.  How about meeting on that A377/A30 roundabout?   There's a small area just up the road to Ide where cars seem to park up/meet.

Looks like this and there's a white car just visible in the meet spot on the left.  There for 12:15??

I'll come in again....(why doesn't edit work?!)

:ermm: I have a third way ...

Agree Exeter Services not at all ideal.  However random layby not ideal either as I have been informed that I am on drop off duty in Exeter centre so would normally get back on the A30 at the A377 exit thus missing the Layby.  How about meeting on that A377/A30 roundabout?   There's a small area just up the road to Ide where cars seem to park up/meet.

A377_zpshe0irwjl.png

Looks like this and there's a white car just visible in the meet spot on the left.  There for 12:15??

• Gold FFM

That's fine Mike. I know exactly where that is. See you there 12.15pm ?

• Gold FFM

Mike. Just actually driven past there. No good anymore. Wooden fence up and the dirt track has boulders there (only enough room for 1 or 2 cars max) if there is already cars there you won't be able to stop. Best bet - continue down that road (half mile) and turn left into Ide and park up then. Ide is tiny so we won't miss each other.

D06DC0AC-D50B-49CF-8B87-E96AA693275B_zps

EA079777-3E09-43C2-81A6-28122F00AD62_zps

Good info Ian - thanks.  OK...see you in Ide about 12:15.   I'll be in the M100 for a proper convoy!

• Like 2

Top quality day out.  Lovely to catch up with all you people and to meet Paul and to be treated to a scrummy cream tea - thank you.  Good looking Elise Bibbo.  Put a mirror down the edge of your garage - nobody will believe 4 of them.  Hope you all got back safely - coolant on board!  It was just about a 200mile round trip for me and the first outing in Eleanor for three years so all good!  See ya'll at Castle Combe.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Great day out. Thanks James for picking a nice route and venue and cheers to Bibs for the cream tea and a pint. Enjoy the new mota! ?

E4920A87-ED76-4D6F-8390-5B2D8E207B40_zps

CF69030F-7A33-4346-B20F-F1A569CFB3CC_zps

82A66638-84E9-48D2-A74C-B6196EF6D919_zps

0CA75164-6D6F-4B98-80B3-758D7ACF4A41_zps

A05E8EAF-84B1-4BC0-94B2-72388244BED3_zps

• Like 1

Had a great day yesterday and really enjoyed the drive out. Thanks to Bibs for the cream tea and hope the drive home wasn't to boring. Thanks for everyone that turned up as it was lovely catching up with you all  

Glad you car was fine on the way home Paul, was nice meeting you and nice to see one of our old V8's again. 

• Like 1