Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
80s turbo wanted - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

80s turbo wanted

purso

Does anyone know of any sub 50k 80s turbo in any condition if was blue that would be perfect but not essential for myself to be loved and looked after for the long term.

Happy to cross anyone's palm with silver if they intro me ready to purchase asap.

Thanks

If your looking at sub 50k, i would be looking for an essex esprit  as your budget seems pretty strong. :) Look forward to seeing what you purchase :)

A

• Gold FFM

That looks very nice. When did a real Essex last change hands and for how much - now that's the million dollar question.

Only here once

2 hours ago, silverfrost said:

If your looking at sub 50k, i would be looking for an essex esprit  as your budget seems pretty strong. :) Look forward to seeing what you purchase :)

I was talking about sub 50k mileage rather than the price but if an essex did turn up I definitely would be very interested what ever the price but im not holding my breath to be honest.

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

That looks very nice. When did a real Essex last change hands and for how much - now that's the million dollar question.

If we could see the private messages on this forum that would be my best guess Bibs has the answers :)

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C728178

:thumbup:

If you can find an Essex sub £50k these days be sure to let me know too!

I saw this one it is nice but as I want to keep the car for the next 10 years + and put a couple of the thousand miles on the car a year I dont want an 80k mile car I know most people will think I am wrong and tell me about 100k cars that perform better than garage queens but its just the way I feel :)

I have been contemplating this car and spoke the garage a couple of times but I am not 100%

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C531639

There's got to be a deal to be had on that red Limited Edition Turbo at UK Sportscars Brooke as its been on sale for literally years now. I believe it's had one of the front wings painted for some reason. What about Trevor's blue early Turbo.......I'm pretty sure he might be tempted to sell at the right price........and it is a nice one!

I have spoken to them mate they have said that it is on sale or return and the guy is happy to wait to get the asking price "how ever long it takes" so that one might be out of the running, which one is trevors?

Another member on here has a nice blue S3 Turbo (Simon?) but if you want a blue one your options are very limited. Nice Esprits are few and far between as it is. You might be better off getting a car that could use a respray and painting it blue yourself.

I'd say a genuine 63k miles is not at all high mileage for a well maintained G car. If you're looking for something under 50k miles then you're talking about a car that has sat around a lot and that comes with its own issues as I'm sure you know. You can expect to be shelling out a good bit after buying the car either way. I've never bought a car yet that needed nothing doing to it but yes there would be plenty I'd want to do to that blue Turbo if I bought it.

As for the yellow V8GT (that I think you owned?) it does seem a chunk above the rest, it will be interesting to see how long it hangs around for at that price. Was this the car Scott Walker sold a year ago or so? His had the blue cam cover but also S350 dymag wheels.

I have also been speaking to a guy who has a lovely early red turbo but it isn't available to see for a couple of weeks and I would prefer the blue if I could find one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Another member on here has a nice blue S3 Turbo (Simon?) but if you want a blue one your options are very limited. Nice Esprits are few and far between as it is. You might be better off getting a car that could use a respray and painting it blue yourself.

I'd say a genuine 63k miles is not at all high mileage for a well maintained G car. If you're looking for something under 50k miles then you're talking about a car that has sat around a lot and that comes with its own issues as I'm sure you know. You can expect to be shelling out a good bit after buying the car either way. I've never bought a car yet that needed nothing doing to it but yes there would be plenty I'd want to do to that blue Turbo if I bought it.

As for the yellow V8GT (that I think you owned?) it does seem a chunk above the rest, it will be interesting to see how long it hangs around for at that price. Was this the car Scott Walker sold a year ago or so? His had the blue cam cover but also S350 dymag wheels.

Hi Jonny,  I have no mechanical understanding so any older sports car I buy I am expecting to spend some money on but I just dont want in 10 years time a 80-90k car I know most wont agree with my logic but thats part of the way I look at the car I want to feel comfortable putting miles on it without feeling the 100k is creeping too close.  Regarding the color the blue is a preference def not compulsory as I say have been thinking about the red one with uk sports car just the reluctance to be be "sensible" on the price as they have had it up for a long time now is likely to prohibit a deal. I bought the yellow one from Anthony Bentley who has a fantastic car collection and a nice few esprits not sure who had it before him dont think it was scott walker could be wrong though :) 

On 08/04/2016 at 20:04, BP81 said:

Does anyone know of any sub 50k 80s turbo in any condition if was blue that would be perfect but not essential for myself to be loved and looked after for the long term.

Happy to cross anyone's palm with silver if they intro me ready to purchase asap.

Thanks

Brooke, you are turning into something I detest. More than one Esprit on the drive. Particularly the combination of a V8 and a G car. Stoppit now! :rant:

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Every Esprit fan needs to find a way to own an early and a later Esprit - if you're going to do something daft you're better going all in!!!??

• Like 1

Where do you think Alan.......in the garage awaiting more money being spent on it!!! Told you - I'm all in :blush: Two Esprits.......one in a workshop awaiting work and the other in my garage at home waiting on a manifold solution. I'm sure the idea of buying these cars was to drive them:wallbash: Lotus don't you just love them?!:thumbup:

Now that would just be down right bonkers!!! I've still got some sanity left - I'll just stick with thecompany car to partake in the that rare activity if you own a Lotus of actual driving!!

No sorry Alan - have never quite got these......each to their own though. I think 2 is plenty for now at least until I get one of them back on the road......getting 2 on the road is a different challenge altogether:blink:

After seeing a couple more now the car definitely DOESN'T have to be blue I have a few pennies burning a hole in my pocket and would really like a cool 80s g turbo to love and keep my v8 company!! 

Please post or pm any car that you are thinking of allowing to move homes ideally a limited edition with a couple of thousand miles on, rogers copper turbo with the ski rack or a nice john player car will be fine :)