Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rear hub carrier - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rear hub carrier

Hi everyone,

Just sending out a request for help.

Does anyone have, or know of a NSR Rear Hub carrier available for a 1988 esprit.. I know these are obsolete so if anyone knows of any out there, I would be grateful.

Thank you

Matt :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

There was a pair on TLF sales a few weeks back. £350 for the pair. I bought one from Lotus its complete with new bearing and ready to fit for £150. I thought it worth it rather than chance trying to get my one off without cracking it and it gives me plenty of time now to repair the old one as spares for future use if required.

10 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

There was a pair on TLF sales a few weeks back. £350 for the pair. I bought one from Lotus its complete with new bearing and ready to fit for £150. I thought it worth it rather than chance trying to get my one off without cracking it and it gives me plenty of time now to repair the old one as spares for future use if required.

Was that for your s3 John ?  What an absolute bargain. !   the barings are 30 quid alone, and fitted saving the drama.  I take it these have all gone now. ?

A

Thanks for all the advice chaps,

Looks like I'll have to make a few phone calls next week and hope for the best.

I've emailed a couple of esprit  'breakers' on ebay but not have had much joy yet.

Fingers crossed:)

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

Big thank you to Geoff & Dave at Esprit Engineering who managed to repair the hub and replace all the rusty bits.

I also had the dampers / shocks etc replaced on both sides as preventative measure. 

Matt:)