Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TALBOT LOTUS SUNBEAM WANTED! - Carlton / Cortina / Sunbeam - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TALBOT LOTUS SUNBEAM WANTED!

Looks like Sunbeam prices are on the way up at last Tony  - so more cars are coming up and more money being spent on them and then being asked when sold.  Have you joined up with the Sunbeam Lotus Owners Club yet?  They track the market quite closely and most available cars get reported on their website.  Definitely worth joining if you're serious about buying as they have parts sources etc.  Dave Merlane is their membership and finance guy.  If you make it up to the Club Lotus Castle Combe day at the end of May, Dave will be there in his baby Elan and I'll introduce you if you like. 

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

According to Dave, ^^^that car^^^ was reshelled in 1990 into a 1.3 Auto shell and the Lotus ID was not transferred so it is no longer officially a Lotus Sunbeam.  That affects the price/value.  But its lots of car for the money and probably great fun to Hill Climb or Rally - just not a real one...... 

Never seen a red one before, thought they were all blue. :fun:

Cheers,

John W

Been a while Mike....... - yes, have already been in touch with the Owners Club for membership.

Will come over to Castle Coombe at the end of May - I am after a standard car, also considered one of the remaining ti's

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

8 hours ago, jonwat said:

Never seen a red one before, thought they were all blue. :fun:

Series 1s all Black with Silver stripes

Series 2s mostly Moonstone Blue with Silver or Black stripes - but also Black with Silver stripes continued

Avons 2 tone Blue with red coach lines.

Pre-production and in production specials (like cars for Police evaluation) were in other colours.  Some Owners have changed their colour - they rot and need regular resprays!

...and then there are all the rally car colours... 

Will look out for you at CC Tony.  Obviously the Tis are very closely related, but seldom feature in SLOC.  You may already know that the best club for them is ASOC (Avenger and Sunbeam Owners Club) so you may need to look in there too.  Having been in SLOC for less than 20 years (though only just) I've no idea of the background...but there was obviously some significant SLOC/ASOC falling out back in the dark ages and the feud appears to continue which seems a bit daft to many of us, but its never actually talked about.   Good luck with the search.  Current postings on SLOC are mostly heavily modified or rally cars (like the red one) and the odd project.  I'll cross post here for a bit if I see anything more standard offered there..

• Like 2

Thanks Mike - have enquired about one for sale -  no reply yet but this one pictured below would be the ideal solution.

Had an orange ti (my third car) in 1985  (XTC 90V) Would n't pull the skin off a rice pudding, was always at the petrol station but it sounded great.
Can t imagine how different they drive without the power steering and the benefit of manual windows(?)

photo.jpg

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• 2 weeks later...

Tony, this one was posted up today by Dave (although its a non-SLOC car) - apparently there's also another on Faceache if you want to look, but I don't go there.  Reads more modded than you want, but the first new one to market for a while....Cheers M

Crosspost:

Posting on behalf of a non member - Allan Warfield

Looking to sell. Poly bush from one end to the other LSD freshly rebuilt engine hasn't been ran in yet. L 14 cams polish ported lighten balance new clutch works manifold stainless steel system zf dog leg box seats coverd in real leather Tarmac spings adjustable top mounts I'll put a years mot on it 60 ish k from new full history even got every one who owned this car on a dvla history file.

Moonstone / black

Has a cage & what look like Minilite replica wheels.

Mileage 61,013

OIRO £20k / £21k

There are pics on the Club Facebook page.

I have all the details of this car from a previous owner.

Car is located in Bristol & Allan can be contacted on 07713 452484 for more details / viewing etc.

Dave M.

• 2 weeks later...

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162067694312

This is one of the DAC sequence of series 2 cars.  Looks a bit scruffier than you wanted Tony but may suit with a light refurb.  Belongs to a SLOC member.

• 1 year later...
On 22 April 2016 at 05:35, MPx said:

Series 1s all Black with Silver stripes

Series 2s mostly Moonstone Blue with Silver or Black stripes - but also Black with Silver stripes continued

Avons 2 tone Blue with red coach lines.

Pre-production and in production specials (like cars for Police evaluation) were in other colours.  Some Owners have changed their colour - they rot and need regular resprays!

...and then there are all the rally car colours... 

Talbot did a heap in different, plain colours (no stripes) for the Yorkshire Police, but they didn't last long before they were all smashed !!