Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I've had made some new S1 and S2 replacment parts - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I've had made some new S1 and S2 replacment parts

Matt-watts

Question

Hi Matt, can I have the bushes only in metric size? All my parts are brand new but still not fitted so good time to improve but my pins are new so I don't need them. Thanks. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have now sold out of the

Gear sticks

Door hinge pins

Seat belt mount plates

Rear caliper one way

I now have 3 Handbrake mounts in sill left only

Matt

The more the merrier :yes:

I've had a couple of small parts made

20160523_085305_zpsb4h0ilce.jpg

The item on the left is the arm on the heater, they are normally made of pot metal and snap or round off in the splines, mine are plated steel and are fitted with a grub screw £15

The item on the right is an adapter to allow the fitment of the round Lotus Excel gear knob on to a Lotus Esprit gear stick.£10

PM me If you need one.

PS It would be great if as a community we could get more parts made that are unavailable to help keep these great cars on the road and in original condition. I would like to get new original spec bumpers made please PM me if anyone is interested

Hi Matt,

I'm interested in door hinge setup if anyone else decides to join in so we can make up another batch.

Maybe we can create a post on here to gather interest?

Vin Taylor

Yes Antonio its very common for them to just snap, the ones I sell will last forever ! Only got 3 left now.....

On 19 May 2016 at 19:52, Matt-watts said:

Seat belt mounts inside sill. £40 each side

20160517_203713_zps1wfraolz.jpg

Where do these go precisely on an S2? I don't seem to have or can't seem to find them on my car.

They are hidden inside the outer sill. The seatbelt mounts bolt into them through the inner sill.

:) 

Lotus Sill.png

It's getting there......

Well worth replacing. Mine were literally paper thin...

126cvgm.jpg

One good tug on the seat belt would have pulled the nut clean off. This is what I found inside my sill...

mmc2u1.jpg

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Thanks for that, makes sense now!

Not much left on yours was there Paul? I'd love to replace mine, along with the handbrake mount but have been scared off by reports of the sills being very difficult to remove from the body. I'd be concerned about damage to the body and underside that have already been repainted.

I have removed them without marking the paint, fitted new plates then refitted without any evidence of them ever being removed, but it may take a day a side as its tricky to do. I can talk you through how I do it if it helps.

You will need a 1 meter metal ruler, hammer, scraper, drill and a bucket of patience

Matt

• Like 1

Yes please I'd love to hear some tips on how to do this! I think I might have a go at the passenger side, it's now or never while the car is stripped and I have good access.

I've started a thread on this topic so this one doesn't get hijacked:

http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/ponz27/media/Lotus Esprit S2/IMG_3575_zpsmokq1rpx.jpg.html?o=1

Hi Matt, youre doing very making the bits I need . Door bushes arrived ok but havent had a chance to fit them yet. Do you still have a heater lever left if so I will buy one from you... 

Cheers

Phil

Ok Last one is yours Phil :)

Matt

Bugger just read this thread and seen the heater levers you had. I have been trying to sort this for a few months now. Have your run out now Phil as mine is missing entirely?

If not any chance of the drawing you used to make it and I will get another batch made (even better could you let me know who you got to make it)?

thanks in advance for you help

kind regards

Christian

Hi Christian

I'm getting more of everything made so don't worry

Will post up when they are made :)

Matt

Hello Matt.

The parts really look very good.

If you are going to refabricate some of them I´d also need a heater arm as mine suddenly broke some weeks ago.

Thanks in advance,

Georg

Hi sorry missed your posts. I have had many more parts made. Twenty more heater arms. I will post up some pictures soon. Matt 

Hi Chris 

I have sold out of them long ago but need to get a new batch made over the next few months as I need 4 sets for me !

I'm also going to make 10 more crash pads and more steering wheels.

Lets hope with Covid I can get out and get things done

Matt