Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora fan on full speed, won't turn off - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora fan on full speed, won't turn off

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 minutes ago, waofner said:

need help!

my interior blower motor is stuck on full power.

will only stop by disconnecting the battery or pulling the 40 amp fuse.

any suggestions????

thank's wolfgang

You'll probably find you need a new solenoid on the air con unit. Back to the dealer I'm afraid.

Greg

thank you all for the prompt help!!

is it a toyota part?

as an austrian i have a little problem-- the only dealer/workshop in austria has closed a month ago and the CO/owner was arrested this week.....

got my 15000 km service done by schuttenbach near munich/germany-- very nice guys but 500km one direction.

Sorry, I don't know whether it's a Toyota part. I believe the front clam might have to come off for access.

Greg

I would remove the fuse, do the track day, and then get it fixed.

If there's a garage you trust, I'm sure you could source the part from Lotus for it to be fixed locally. I'm not a expert in this area though.

34 minutes ago, waofner said:

bad news- had planned my first track day tomorrow.....

You will want the a/c on full anyway while you are on track. Pull the fuse on the drive there/back if it annoys you.

• 2 weeks later...

cause of problem was the "fan speed controll resistor module"

Part A132P6021S ---parts diagram sadly dosen't show the position

Does anyone know where the module is located exactly?

according to the garage it is somwhere in the depht's of the dashboard.....

thank's wolfgang

btw: if the picture in the diagram shows the real item it should be a chrysler/jeep part...

• Gold FFM

Recently I went to use my AC and the fan barely blew any air for a couple of minutes. Then it reset itself and worked fine. Second time it has done it.

I mentioned it to Lotus I think they are replacing half of my HVAC system by the sounds of it. I wasn't even that worried but thought I would tell them as I didn't want the same to happen as with others

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• 7 months later...

I know it's some time since the last post but just had the resistor module (the "hedgehog") replaced on my 400 due to fan stuck on full. It's definitely a front clam off for RHD cars and Lotus quote 7 hours for the job but Hoffman's said it took a fair bit longer. A/C and coolant have to be drained so I understand and HVAC removed. Lucky it is still under warranty.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had same problem with my fan. Stuck on full today with ignition off . Just about to remove fuse. 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Thanks. I couldn't tell from diagram if it was side panel, but as you say the whole panel that backs on to the front clam (metal covered in carpet) is removed in one go. 

Just had to apologise to neighbours for alarm going off for last hour as battery nearly flat and even with charger on , everytime I opened a door etc it set it off again.  

Does the fix for this also cure the asthmatic fan , as last few weeks I have found fan would go fast for couple of secs, then slow and repeat ?  

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I had no warning symptoms when my speed control module failed but what you describe could well be early signs. As you know it's a front clam off and HVAC unit out on a RHD car which is a pain.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just had this myself - seems like it's quite common on the earlier 400s.

Have had asthmatic fan since August (awaiting replacement parts since start of September).  Today the fan suddenly jumped to high speed whilst driving and continued to run after turning off and taking the key out.

Had to pull the fuse to stop it - was surprised to find there wasn't a diagram on the back of the fuse cover so I could locate the correct fuse (handbook was at home and I wasn't), so thanks @jmmonline for posting it above!

Edited by nigelh

As a footnote to my previous posts in this thread: popped up the M4 to London yesterday and had NO A/C. No spanner on dash though. No codes on generic OBD reader but then there wouldn't be unless you've got Lotus software I suppose. Bit suspicious since the HVAC was out a few months ago to replace the "hedgehog". Will try sending a "clear all codes" command tomorrow in the hope that it might work but I suspect it will be a return trip to Hoffman's.

• 1 year later...

This has just happened to my 400 today, pulled the fuse and wait until my dealer can take a look. 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• 2 years later...

Ignition off, evora 400 16 plate 11k miles, front fan going at full bore?? Makes no sense, car is locked and powered down? Just kicked in overnight at 4am and woke me up? It kinda Sounds like a street cleaner going past! 

put key in, it stopped fine with the ignition lights on, but... soon as I take the key out front fan starts spinning up and goes at full Speed.

I’ve tried to start the car but battery dead now. Been running the car fine last 24 hours. 

Disconnected M7 fuse MADE NO DIFFERENCE. The internal  systems and switches / heating system seems to works fine but when car is powered down no keys in... the front fan under the front service hatch just comes on and begins to spin full bore It’s super weird! 

I stopped it in the end by disconnecting the battery all Together anyone any thoughts? 

@C11PPY This is the fan control module in the front of the car. Under the lhf wheel arch liner is a maxi fuse which will turn it off but this will mean no engine cooling/no ac. New module required. 

Part number is B132K0302H and you might well need a clam off to refit. It's not that big a job and could be done DIY if you're handy with the spanners, Lotus quote about 3.5 hours for the job I believe. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 10 months later...

My 2021 Evora GT is doing this now.  Woke me up too.  Been cycling for 8 hours now.  It happened once before and then stopped.  Now it is cycling on/off and using 1/2 and high fan speeds.  Shuts off for a moment and then back on again.

Thx, yes.  I've printed this page and the lotus parts online page for the dealer.  Hope to drop to them today. Once battery is recharged.

It will be warranty and good news since the part is US$734 plus clam off.  I have a headlight lens issue too so that clam's gotta come off.

Thanks all for this data!!!!

21evoragtcarbon.jpg

• Like 1