Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 350 Flame Red - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 350 Flame Red

MartynB

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Great news from Scott, my Sport 350 is painted. Apparently "Design" took a trip to see it in the factory. I've asked for pictures. Will post if/when I get some. I may need to wait until an extra coat of clear goes on.

Getting there...

• Like 2

Don't you start! :lol: Lotus suggested the same and I said no, after having done some image searching and thinking. Also yellow was way too Ferrari wannabe.

No, with satin black wheels I think they'd just look dull as black. A couple of pages earlier on this thread, compare the Chrome Red GTE with red calipers to the Corvette with black ones. To my eye, the red ones work better.

Looks odd in the pic above because you're seeing the caliper directly against the paintwork, not shadowed by and slightly hiding inside the wheels.

We shall see...

• Like 1

This was one I found that pushed me towards red...

zoom_RENAULT_CLIO_1.6T_16V_Renaultsport_

Same body colour, but if the calipers were black, they'd be visually lost.

Maybe I could get them gold enamelled :lol:

3 hours ago, MartynB said:

IMG_5683.JPG

Comparison to mine at a similar build stage (accepting differences in camera):

I saw a FR Kaptur the other night and it was stunning.

IMG_20151110_102716551.jpg

• Like 2

@550superfast Going by things that have been said at earlier stages, I'm guessing a couple of weeks tops, unless something crops up.

@Arun_D It's going to be very interesting to see our two cars side by side. Two quite different approaches to special red. I bet there's a colour of light that makes them look quite similar though.

I've got the red calipers on mine to complement the car and they look great against the black gloss alloys.

The red is the best colour IMO!

Ive also had the car detailed in the GTech finish and it's looks like new everyday! Worth getting along with the front fender clear film protection against stone chips! Both were a must for me.

My run in service was done this week (894 miles on the clock now) I picked it up today had a great drive home and my god is it fast......I never have it out of sport mode to look after the breaks.......off to SPA tomorrow afternoon for two days so can't wait to enjoy the machine to the max! Time for Race mode!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks fantastic :)

Also seems they've managed to be able to find some forged wheels for your car unlike mine!

Luckily Stratton have been fantastic and very accommodating in coming up with a solution.

• Like 1

Cheers. Sorry to hear about the wheels, @LukeH. When did you order? Mine was mid August.

Jonathan has been a trooper for sorting stuff out. Can't wait to see the paint in daylight. Roll on next week (barring unforeseen problems).

Was slightly different for me, i actually bought a stock car from Stratton at the start of the month but as part of the deal arranged for it to come with the Forged wheels. They checked availability with Lotus and gave me a date i was happy with (end of this month). This then slipped to Mid Nov (which i was still ok with), then a day later January (which i wasn't ok with)!

As you've found Jonathan has been excellent throughout and so we've come to a sensible agreement on the cast wheels. I'm collecting the car on these and will pick up the forged wheels in January.... or whenever they appear!

I'm planning on collecting Weds next week so may well see yourself and/or your car!

Looks great Martyn, albeit very strange for me as it looks so reminiscent of mine on screen! Also, I've never noticed the little rear wheel arch spats on the Sport 350 before.