Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 350 Flame Red - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 350 Flame Red

MartynB

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

well done, I'd recommend picking up from factory.

What's thinking there Kev? I'm likely to have some dealer stuff done, so it might not work so well for me. That said I should hopefully get a factory tour during the build.

2 hours ago, NW76 said:

Congrats! How long is the wait going to be? Any other brands / cars that were in the running? 

6-8 weeks IIRC. Wasn't really anything that took my fancy. The Boxster is ubiquitous and I personally find the styling a little unexciting.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MartynB said:

What's thinking there Kev? I'm likely to have some dealer stuff done, so it might not work so well for me. That said I should hopefully get a factory tour during the build.

6-8 weeks IIRC. Wasn't really anything that took my fancy. The Boxster is ubiquitous and I personally find the styling a little unexciting.

No real thinking behind it apart from I've picked up a lotus from a dealer and my Evora 400 direct from the factory. I preferred the later. Got the chance to take a couple with the car at it's spiritual home.if you are getting other work done the dealer pickup maybe best for you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dude, that's spooky! I just got an email from Lotus saying my car has gone to paint and has a VIN. We'll be going to visit the factory on Tuesday, so hopefully will see it in some state of assembly. The colour should be epic. Renault Rouge Flamme Metallic.

Spec is fairly tooled up. Sport 350 Coupé, aircon, radio, Alcantara, forged wheels, body colour hard top, incl soft top, cruise.

No rear speakers (they have now been deleted from standard spec, fair enough, kinda useless)

So exciting!!

Great, I mean really great colour choice. The Renault red metallic (didn't know what it was called) looks lovely and I always imagined it would look absolutely fantastic on a Lotus.

Really looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Cruise (Astra stalk + ECU enable) is listed on the Elise price list I think, somewhere around £100 IIRC

It took me a fair few weeks to research the red, RenaultSport had a "Rouge de Feu" which got translated to "Flame Red" and has one code. The red I've gone for, at great expense, is the new main Renault three coat red "Rouge Flamme" which is also translated to "Flame Red" in the UK, but it different and has a totally different code.

I do now know how to spray both this and the Mazda Soul Red, which is also a three coat red and was my second choice. Three coat reds are colour metallic base, then colour tinted clear (a.k.a. Candy), then clearcoat. I believe Liquid Yellow is also a three coat colour and they have done a number of those before now, including @ChrisBuer's lovely one.

Surprised they have agreed to do it - I was told on a factory visit last year that they wouldn't do Liquid Yellow again because it meant 20 hours in paint per car and that is just too long. Even at (more than) several K!

I guess I just asked nicely enough :)

Also, I think Malcolm likes a challenge but only every now and then. We'll see if he's grumpy with me next week.

Even the paint company told them not to do it

5 hours ago, MartynB said:

It took me a fair few weeks to research the red, RenaultSport had a "Rouge de Feu" which got translated to "Flame Red" and has one code. The red I've gone for, at great expense, is the new main Renault three coat red "Rouge Flamme" which is also translated to "Flame Red" in the UK, but it different and has a totally different code.

If I dare... "rouge de feu" should be translated in  "Fire red" :blush:... Great color, BTW !

• Like 1

Exactly!:) Why they decided to translate it to Flame Red, I don't know. But then they translated Jaune Sirius into Liquid Yellow, so go figure. Maybe Dog Star Yellow didn't have the ring they wanted.

I'm insanely jealous. Flame Red is going to be gorgeous. I'd certainly have wanted that over my Canyon Red, but I recall Jamie at B&C telling me he tried to order a V6 as a demo in Flame Red but couldn't get it approved. Maybe it was a cost thing at the time that's easier to justify when it's a customer paying for it!

Really looking forward to seeing this.

Oh and cruise is great, I've just recently added it to my Cup for my euro track jaunts. Stalk was about £30 and needed activating in the ECU.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

Oh and cruise is great, I've just recently added it to my Cup for my euro track jaunts. Stalk was about £30 and needed activating in the ECU.

Arun, do you really see a benefit in cruise mode without distance control? I felt always more stressed to keep the distance to the rest of the cars in front of, why I disabled the function quiet soon.  For me cruise control only works with distance control.

I do recall you saying this in another thread, but really for me it's fine. I have used radar cruise control in a few cars and am very impressed, however. Maybe I tend to only use it when traffic is quiet and I'm not constantly having to adjust.

• Like 2