Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TOAST! - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TOAST!

Kimbers

TOAST!  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over the last 11 years I have created quite a few topics and I thought I had just about used up most of interests but on making my lunch today I realised we have never done a poll on Toast! And that got me to thinking about my favourite toast and what I like on it!

Now before you think this is a post for a post's sake, we always get many and varied answers on this, especially from some of our taste bud challenged members. I thought it would be interesting to see what the favourites are! 

The second question is muti choice and you can choose your faves! If I have missed any glaringly obvious choices let me know and I will add them in, but wierd toppings (my mate likes Banana) just post in a post below and tick "Other".

When I was about 17 I used to go round a mates house and his mom always burnt the toast. He had a small cheese shaver which gave you a very thin slice of cheese and so my love of burnt toast with very very thin cut cold cheese started. Since them (and this lunch time) I have found the joys of Tinned Sardines and Macerel in a spicy Tomato suace. Though I always dump more tobasco on it! Yummy!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

my other is lightly salted butter which if applied to hot toast will make it lovely and soft. 

mmm, you've made we want to go have some toast now. :) 

It's getting there......

Added butter on it. What a numpty to forget that!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

HAS to be Frank Cooper's Vintage Oxford Marmalade....with the addition of crispy bacon if feeling superindulgent....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I like the tinned fish but not on toast......I always make it into sandwiches

just butter with a twist of sea salt n fresh black pepper it one of my faves.....once in a while.......lol

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Big fan of sardines on toast here if I ever make it. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Sardines are for the dogs (Labradors).

But (ideally peppered) smoked Mackerel on toast with a poached egg on top is sublime. B-)

• Gold FFM

Woof. :) 

I forgot to add, if you mix the sardines up with raw onion, it's awesome.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I put toast on my salted butter! Thick wedgey crusty toast on half a pack of salted butter.

If I'm feeling totally decadent I will put toast on both sides of my butter.

I like butter with toast, salty butter, lots of it. With toast.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sorry....Do you like Butter with Toast or toast with butter. Your post wasn't very clear! ARF!:P

Am I really the only one who loves my toast burnt? 

Is Butter really going to win with all those other yummy options? Will JayEmm ever get over his anti fish on toast bias? 

Stay here for this and more!...............................

JayEmm is right, so why would he get over it? If I have smoked fish and toast as part of breakfast, both have to be eaten separately, actually I normally eat foods separately so maybe my backing doesn't count.

The other options may be yummy (or not, depending on personal taste) but why mask the taste, just enhance it with butter.

• Gold FFM

I'm not a big fish fan but I don't mind the odd tuna mayo sandwich etc....

However any sort of fish for breakfast? Na, I'm good.

I've recently started dabbling with eggs on toast (also not a big egg fan) - Waitrose do this fancy Italian toasting bread which is amazing. Lots of holes in it a bit like Ciabatta, so it soaks up the butter nicely. Mmm....

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Forgot about honey. Been getting quite into this over the last couple of years. Not the mass produced supermarket stuff but the regional small suppliers. There is some made in my village but also many in the area. I prefer set honey and the flavours from the seasonal flowers are fabulous. 

When I was younger I went through a phase of eating burnt toast dipped in tea. I'm not sure why I stopped doing this but I feel the need to resurect it.

:) 

It's getting there......

I can get you help, Tim.:lol:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

What has stunned me here is the lack of numbers for that good old British favourite, Beans on Toast! Only 3!

Ah, but do you put your beans on buttered toast ( the right answer ) or not?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Noooo! Then you get double soggy toast!