Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3. The Progress & Plans Thread! - Page 12 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3. The Progress & Plans Thread!

once again well done to all involved! see you all on saturday....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

i was going to ask the same thing, cant think of anything, i didnt get one when mine was done!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Absolutely fantastic :welcome::harhar::D:P . And how generous of the guys at Thomas and Beard. There are some good people around.

Looking forward to seeing it in action on the track.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

• Gold FFM

Anyone bringing the 'smelling salts'? Think Si's going to need them. :welcome:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

1.Nearside/front, upper wishbone pivot bush (the front one) Had a bit of play in it.

2.Offside/front wheel bearing had a little play as well.

Not to worry guys.....

Wheel bearing I'll sort tomorrow, just turn it a little more.....

Upper bushes were a loose fit to say the least, RobC tried to make them more of an inteference fit using a tried and tested technique, but I guess they are still a tad loose when wiggled with a bar.... All nuts and bolts tight so no worries of anything falling off....

Only one concern which I'll bring up with Troy tomorrow.....

Taken her out for a spin this evening....... Picked up Jonny5 and went out for a cruise...... drove as well as can be expected for a car thats got well out of adjustment tracking (will sort before the weekend...!!!!)

Felt firm and solid to drive, a little crunchy from third to second, brakes.... need more bedding in me thinks.....!!!

Insurance should be with me Friday......

Reg documents should have been with me today, but didnt turn up.... hopefully will be here tomorrow.... Tax it early as poss Friday and take her out for more spins before the treck over on Saturday...!!!

Simon

Chunky Lover

will be with you fri dinner/ pmish :welcome:

it will be an entirly different car when the trackings done, it is well out (towing out instead of in IIRC)

Hi all,

I have been honured tonight to be taken for a spin in bigsi's esprit, yes i can say it does purrrrrrrrrrr like a kitten and is working like magic. Apart from a minor problem witch iam sure simon350 and master smurf can sort. After the spin (no troy not litteraly and no he didnt over rev the beast) we did end up in the pub also after having a conversation with someone that was jumping up and down on a trapoline (long story). Unfortunatley i cant make it at the weekend work and all thst stuff. So i hope someone takes the kleenex for bigsi iam sure he wil need them. And i must say that i have met some great people to give up there time to work on this project but especialy to the master mechanic smurf, main man punky and simon for the stupidly late hours put in to this car. Have fun satuarday and post me loads of pics and vids please. Johnny 5.

IT PASSED :welcome::harhar::D

Guys - what a fantastic effort! I've just caught up on about 7 pages of updates. Your efforts are truly humbling. They say you can tell a lot about a man by looking at his friends... well, bloody hell, this says a lot for BigSi :P

Looking forward to seeing the car in action on Saturday, and, as so many others have said, to seeing BigSi's face :P

:)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

The wheel bearing isn't an issue, but that play in the bush is a bit of a concern. Obviously it's not bad (or the car would've failed) but the fact that it's there is puzzling.

Perhaps the guys at Hethel will have a solution.

Taken her out for a spin again.....#

#

Over at Punkys looking at the engine (better remember to log out this time...!!!)#

#

Car is now taxed, brake servo sorted......#

#

Back out for a drive me thinks...#

#

Simon

Chunky Lover

You boys are brilliant.

From all those that could only give of the readies rather than time, we salute you. Buy you a drink laters.

I am picking up a special suprise tomorrow for Si, which is a Lotus Esprit Book Signed by the old man, made out to Simon. Should really help top it all off!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Well theres almost 100 miles on the old girl now.....

Yesterdays problem all sorted now.......

Getting the tracking done tomorrow so will see what she steers like then......!!!!

Will be using her all day tomorrow so by tomorrow evenin g should have somewhere between 150 & 200 miles on her.....

All looking good so far.... feeling as confident as can be fr Saturday...!!!!

Stopping at my parents tonight.....

Here she is in bed out in the cold for the night.....

P1010078.jpg

P1010077.jpg

be interesting to see how she starts in the morning....

Simon

Chunky Lover

when is she booked in for the tracking Simon? if its the afternoon, i can probably be there in mine for support :respect:

should be at yours around 2. setting off in about 15 mins

Shes sounding even smoother now......!!!!! Brought her to work today, nice short drive to Truro Mail centre...!!

The engine really seems to be settling in well..... Dodgy should be with me shortly, so I think we should go out for a hoon this afternoon before putting her back in the garage and giving her a good spanner check & scrub for the morning...!!!!!

See you all tomorrow....

Simon signing off....!!!!!!!

Wish me luck....

p.s. only joking about Truro.....

130miles and counting...!!!!

Chunky Lover

• 8 years later...

Haha, sadly not! Just reminiscing!

It's an enjoyable read! The outcome wasn't ideal but it's fun seeing the excitement as we progressed through the build :) 

Hard to believe this is 8 years ago now! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

What happened to the car? I know it was sold but hope whoever has it now knows what this forum did for it.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 4 years later...

Just read this again from start to finish, shame so many photos are missing, but it was an epic moment in my life being involved in this. So glad I was able to host everyone and also take on a lot of the work.

Some amazing life long friends made.

@mdw said recently the CarSOS Programme seems to have been born from this very episode which could very well be the case, especially with Tim being such a big Lotus fan as well as a previous and current owner of an Esprit.

Would love to know where this car is now and see what condition it is in. I know it was poorly cared for after it’s return to the owner which was a massive shame.

Anyway, just a bit of reminiscing.... now to find the handover thread and videos 😊

• Like 1

Chunky Lover