Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3. The Progress & Plans Thread! - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3. The Progress & Plans Thread!

Update

Troy is heading down tomorrow to assess the parts required for the car. Si knows that he's been offered the use of a trailer by one of our members and that Troy is going to take his car to Hertford so he has all the tools he needs to hand. Troy has told Si that he's going to take the engine out, get it running and give him the car back in running order and little else.

We'll have a big update tomorrow when we know what parts are needed and can get ordering from there :beer:

What we think would be a good idea is that when the car is taken away to Simon350s and we've all gone down, helped out and fixed everything is that on the completion day we suggest that we take Si and family out for a hoon, perhaps 2/3 Esprit's at most heading to his house to pick them all up. If we all then head down to Simon's with everyone waiting there and the car looking A1 in amongst a huge group of Esprit's, it will bring a smile to his face and he can come and hoon in his own car. :beer:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looking forward to it boss. I've been told that another Lotus should be made available to me so I can take them out in a more modern Lotus afterwards if they want! :animier:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

When its done, if a week or two or a month of two. Say when and where and we'll be there.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I'd love to see the look on his face !!! haha

If you need anything extra lemme know - I might be Esprit less for a week or so when changing my suspension over on the GT3 so I might not have a car. However if I know in advance I can make plans, I'd love to be able chip in somewhere - if possible on the technical side.

I'll leave it upto the men in charge, if you need anything gimme a shout, if not then I wont be upset.... :crybaby: honest...

As Troy said earlier it doesnt wannt turn into a 'too many cooks' party - Just take loadsa photos !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Looking forward to it boss. I've been told that another Lotus should be made available to me so I can take them out in a more modern Lotus afterwards if they want! :animier:

So is that the new Esprit then... :popo: Now that is a treat and a half!!! :lol:

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Hey Mr Bibs

Spoke to the BigMan earlier...

He recons Troy is trailoring his car away tomorrow!!??? LOL think he's got his wires crossed!!!!

Sounds a little dissapointed that his baby is being taken away from him and wont get to do all the spanky upping type work he wanted to do.....

Thinks its just going to be a put the car back togeather, get it working and drop it back off type exercise!!!! :X

I love this little place cause we can do this to him :animier::popo::lol: and he aint none the wiser!!!!

Simon

Chunky Lover

What we think would be a good idea is that when the car is taken away to Simon350s and we've all gone down, helped out and fixed everything is that on the completion day we suggest that we take Si and family out for a hoon, perhaps 2/3 Esprit's at most heading to his house to pick them all up. If we all then head down to Simon's with everyone waiting there and the car looking A1 in amongst a huge group of Esprit's, it will bring a smile to his face and he can come and hoon in his own car. :animier:

I'm guessing that Simon's garage isn't especially photogenic for the hand-over, so I've been looking for other possible meeting places between Simon's and Si's. I've come across two castles which are near to Hereford, on the way to Abergavenny:

Skenfrith Castle

skenfrith.jpg

According to this site, "there is parking". From other aerial views, it looks like there is parking on grass immediately adjacent to the castle (behind the castle in the above pic).

Grosmont Castle

732_2.JPG

Parking is "on the main street", but it may be possible to arrange for us to park on the grass in front of the castle for a photo-op. Of the two, this is the most striking, particularly if we can arrange to park on the grass at the foot of the above pic.

I'm not sure who to contact regarding access for the cars to either site. If we're interested, I'll make further enquiries.

Thoughts?

Phil

More speed, less haste

Good thinking, Phil. That would make for some great pictures. Hoon from BigSi's to the castle, reveal the car, then he can hoon with you back to his place.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

What we think would be a good idea is that when the car is taken away to Simon350s and we've all gone down, helped out and fixed everything is that on the completion day we suggest that we take Si and family out for a hoon, perhaps 2/3 Esprit's at most heading to his house to pick them all up. If we all then head down to Simon's with everyone waiting there and the car looking A1 in amongst a huge group of Esprit's, it will bring a smile to his face and he can come and hoon in his own car. :)

Sounds good to me :) , be great if Si can join in the hoon too.

Martyn B)

Simon's garage is pretty cool y'know! :P

002.jpg

Serious, good idea, like it :)

i cant see it :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

i cant see it :P

I can't now either, :) but earlier today it was a pretty futuristic type of artists impression.

Don't think you need to lose too much sleep over mate :)

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Not Long got back from the BigMans house, was pretty much driving past so as Troy was there as well I thought I'd pop in....

Poor old Troy :P:):P

Got as far as the Severn bridge....... and....... te he he........ :P The heavens opened...... the big drip!!!!!

Don't worry didn't alert Simon to anything.....

Nice to meet the family.....

Was supprised at how weak he actually is.... really struggling with his right side to lift anything of any weight......

Bit concerned that he may not even be able to drive the car when its done..... :no the steering on these things aint easy as we all know.... maybe we should factor in a power steering conversion........!!!!! (not practical I know!!)

He's got big plans and took pleasure in telling us exactly what he plans to do with it in the future.....!!!!!! :):)

Given us a few clues of where to start anyways.....

Guess we just need to decide on exactly what we can afford to do... I'll leave Troy to do a full update as it'll just get messy if more than one makes plans!!!!!!

Theres plenty to keep as all busy for quite a while so no worries about any of you getting bored!!!

Cleaning, painting, trimming, stripping, building, overhauling........ etc etc......

Anyways.. wait for Troys update, hes spending the night there so will get an even clearer picture on what Simons plans are......

Simon

Chunky Lover

Not very likely... but would be the best to have Simons car on the stand completed and watch his face when he walks on by!!!!!!

Thats would be the best way of supprising him....... OH MY F***ING GOD THATS MY CAR!!!!! :):P:P :crybaby:

Could make a real big fuss of it then, Lotus themselves present, sponsor for parts next door (South West Lotus), Club lotus in attendance (try and blag him a years free membership!!!) Everyone in here present to make a huge fuss of him and hand out the tissues!!!! For the tears Sicko!!!!!

Drag his wife up as a supprise with his little boy

xxxx aww how sweet.... xxxx

:P

Not sure how possible it would be to get all the work done in that period of time, but enough hands may make it possible......

Could present him with an album of the rebuild, he's keen to keep it as a step by step guide and could be like a this is your life type thing....... well this could have been your life but we took it over!!!!! HA HA HA :) :) :no

Simon

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Well done boys, and thanks for keeping us updated. Be sure and post pics as the buildup takes place....

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Kimbers, Bibs,

I have just cought up on this thread after being away since the 10th. Seems alot of progress has been made since you mentioned the idea back at the sale on Jan 15th. Good on you both and all the others involved in the plot so far!

When the parts list is available please make it available before you order parts. I maybe able to help out by dipping into the espritism.com stock. For example, if (as I think it is) the engine is the major issue, then I can donate a set of new HC turbo pistons (would make a nice upgrade). I have various other parts that may come in handy too.

Be sure to let me know as soon as the requirements are clear.

All the best

Malc Holmes

www.espritism.com

Thats an awesome offer Malc!!!! :)

Seems theres several small dents in the tops of his pistons.... looks like a snapped cam belt or something like that at some point in time... (photos in his rebuild section!!!)

Have to see what Troy has to say about it when he gets back home later today....

Simon

Chunky Lover

Thats an awesome offer Malc!!!! :)

Seems theres several small dents in the tops of his pistons.... looks like a snapped cam belt or something like that at some point in time... (photos in his rebuild section!!!)

Have to see what Troy has to say about it when he gets back home later today....

Simon

Good stuff, looks like we could have a worthwhile home for a set of pistons then! It would be a shame to run them with the old liners. Maybe worth considering a set of QED or PNM iron liners (grade A size) to go with them. I can't help here I am affriad. but the QED iron liners are not too bad a price from what I recall. Also, factor in a bit of time/cost for getting the engine properly tuned since the fueling would need adjusting to some degree (I am sure plenty of folks can advise on this).

Cheers

Malc

Kimbers, Bibs,

I have just cought up on this thread after being away since the 10th. Seems alot of progress has been made since you mentioned the idea back at the sale on Jan 15th. Good on you both and all the others involved in the plot so far!

When the parts list is available please make it available before you order parts. I maybe able to help out by dipping into the espritism.com stock. For example, if (as I think it is) the engine is the major issue, then I can donate a set of new HC turbo pistons (would make a nice upgrade). I have various other parts that may come in handy too.

Be sure to let me know as soon as the requirements are clear.

All the best

Malc Holmes

www.espritism.com

Thanks oh Shaved headed one! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer