Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Engineered Art - Evora 400 Pre-order / Group Buy - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Engineered Art - Evora 400 Pre-order / Group Buy

Black Art Graphics

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Packaging it up for shipping to Australia was a little more industrial than our normal fare, sandwiched between two 1/4" thick plywood panels and bolted down with 12x M8 bolts. 

Felt like it will easily stand up to the kicking it will undoubtedly receive by cretinous customs and courier staff on it's journey (though I wouldn't want to drop it on one of my toes!).

Edited by Black Art Graphics

Dan, the interior above is from old Evora...?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I should have known better than try and pass off parts of the S1!

Forgive me, it was almost midnight when I finished that off and just dumped the interior and engine cover from the old Evora drawing I had to put the images together.

Correct ones will be detailed in ASAP.

Well that was a bit harder than I imagined!

Not realising that that the interior and engine cover were different it appears I didn't fully capture the dashboard,and the image for the engine cover was less than useful due to excessive reflections...

DSC_1980 LR.jpg

Anyway, this is what I've come up with... how does it look?

Revised Plan.jpg

(Please say good, please say good...)

Nope, sorry, Dan...

no, really, it's not right.

the engine (more noticeably the charge cooler is off centre) hence the lotus logo is more towards driver side (rhd)

IMG_3040.PNG

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

IMG_3004.JPG

I know they're not good enough for scanning, but should give a good idea? (Both my car, one with drone (in garden) and one with a phone.

Bugger.

Right, can you (or anyone else) snap a couple of pictures for me tomorrow? The one above is is the ideal angle, but anything would help. Some shots with the cover up, shot from directly behind and as high as you can manage without the cover obscuring the shot would help.

Like this:

Engine pic.jpg

13 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Nope, sorry, Dan...

no, really, it's not right.

the engine (more noticeably the charge cooler is off centre) hence the lotus logo is more towards driver side (rhd)

IMG_3040.PNG

That's a cracking shot! Doesn't show the detail I need as you say, but great none the less.

Would simply shifting things over to the side be enough, or does it need more than that?

Missing something on the lower side now, but can't see what!

Engine 2.jpg

Saying that, I know Lotus will only ask me to remove detail if I try and put too much in there again!

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

Silly forum software ignores iOS exif data and uploads upside down Grrrr!

• Like 2

See the silver bolts around the square charge cooler, that would be good detail to pick out and would help define the charge cooler.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Black Art Graphics said:

Possibly, which bit doesn't look right?

Dan, the elongated semi-circular cut-out at base of rear window (immediately to the right of the engine bay in your diagram) is a mesh cooling grille like the others above the window.

8 hours ago, Black Art Graphics said:

Possibly, which bit doesn't look right?

I think the inner frame in your rendering is bigger than it actually is. I believe you actually have more open glass towards the door.

On 18/09/2016 at 19:53, mawheele said:

I think the inner frame in your rendering is bigger than it actually is. I believe you actually have more open glass towards the door.

Hmm, not according to the reference photos. Looking at it from eye level will make it look a lot less pronounced but you can see in the plan view CocoPops provided a few posts back, the inner frame looks about right.

Here's how it looks with the new mesh section added.Engine 4.jpg

Well, I'm not sure what's going on at Lotus but I've not heard anything since I submitted these. Checked my email tracking and the emails haven't even been opened.

I'm going to assume it's all fine (I know the format and what they want now) and just start getting them out to you guys. 

Can't be doing with this waiting around on them anymore, it's nearly bankrupted me! 

Will we see proofs first?

2 hours ago, Black Art Graphics said:

Well, I'm not sure what's going on at Lotus but I've not heard anything since I submitted these. Checked my email tracking and the emails haven't even been opened.

Nathan left about a month ago, he's at McLaren now. I can send you contact details for his replacement if you need them mate?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.