Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit and someone called Teigan - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit and someone called Teigan

Mike Kimberley

• Gold FFM

Tony (kimbers) has told me about this person and I have asked him to post my reply to him here. Enjoy! :animier:

Post as follows: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=324794&h=0

"Teigan,

The Lotus Esprit WAS tested in the wind tunnel on a 1/4 scale model. I can assure you this is correct as it came directly from the Engineering Director of the Elite, Eclat and Esprit projects i.e me. In fact huge amounts of time and development were spent tuning the airflow management at MIRA. In fact the Elite has a Cd of 0.3 without wing mirrors and a static road tunnel. The Esprit wasn't at that level but for it's day (design in 72) it was good.

For your information Lotus was driven by F1 racing technology practices at the time, (e.g low mass, low COG, careful management of COP, etc) aerodynamics and high speed stability was a key part of all our designs with Colin and Myself, even during the Elan and Europa period.

Mike Kimberley. "

Edited by mike kimberley

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He, heee. I can't wait to see what response that gets. It will either shut him up (can't see that happening) or will bring forth more nonsense.

My guess it will change the direction of the thread from arguing about the effects of Reynold's number and go back to being a general treatise on what Teigan thinks (and I use the term loosely) what the aerodynamic targets should have been.

Thank, Mike for putting the record straight and adding one almighty stir to the pot.

It's better than Celebrity Big Brother this, with Teigan playing Jade. :animier:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

i cant get his reply to my posts, first its a teaching centre , and now its a place they test ballistic missile shapes....?/ go figure??

knew nothing about operating resonance over airflow, didnt understand the c/i-2" equastion, didnt understand refective airflow and standing waves. and basically didnt answer any of my questions or points.

I cant see any facility that did weapons flight and flow reasearch letting a civilian in to test a model car hes built...im sorry i dont see it happening.

Thank You very much for taking the time to put this guy right Mike. :animier:

I see he has responded by thanking you and suggesting the late Colin Chapman

would agree with his theories on aero dynamics. This guy is truely something else...

"the lip on top of the louvres was a last moment hack to stop air ever reaching the kicktail.

i removed my louvres last year to take a mould, and i confirmed that at highway speeds,

the front end gets lifted enough to make steering squirrely..."

So removing the louvre and driving with a 3ft square hole in the tailgate,

demonstrates to Teigans mind the effect the little kicktail prevents...

Thanks again for sparing time on this guy,

Paul

• Gold FFM

I think we all knew Tiegan would have an answer prepared for anything :animier:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mr Kimberley, thank you for putting the record straight. This must be an awful waste of your time :animier:

I am stunned by his arrogance and that he did not have the good grace just to apologise and shut up. Instead he continues, trying to draw you into a public debate over what Mr. Chapman would have thought of his observations...?! :popo:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

I think we all knew Tiegan would have an answer prepared for anything :animier:

Great Grandpa Teigan, april 14th 1912:

"Thanks for your concern but i'm staying, it's not sinking,

there is an equal amount of ship in the air as there is under the sea,

therefore it has actually displaced no water at all. In fact i've just carried out a

minature test in my chamber pot, using a cigar case and a bar of soap..."

titanic.jpg

Mike, surely you must have better things to do than converse with the like of Teigan? :laughing:

10/10 for trying but unfortunately he's one of those guys that'll argue black is white until the end of time! Thanks for caring about our sad little internet geeky world, though - it's good to know you pop in from time to time. :animier:

I can find no words that this character is really annoying and wasting the time of so many people now...

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

TO:

Forum moderators,

For a person that for many reasons has been barred from this forum , we are spending a large amount of time discussing his misplaced theories.

In my opinion we have given the word "Teigan" quite enough audience. Can we now , not just flush him out of the system and put the manhole cover back on ??

Mike :animier:

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Mike, It was a valliant effort on your part attempting to enlighten this Te*g*n character, but I must warn you that it will probably be all in vain. :animier:

I myself and numerous other forum members tried to befriend this chap and help him with his car troubles (giving him the benefit of my 27 years in the automotive design and engineering fields), but all I found was he was looking to air his outlandish and somewhat farsical ideas and be dissrespectful to as many felow Esprit enthusiasts as possible.

My theory is he really wanted to be an automotive engineer and or designer, but not having what it would take to achive this (basic intellegence) settled for a job in the highly challenging and cut throat world of ladies handbag design. :popo:

I myself would never dream of telling him how to design an handbag (as I am not qualified in that field), so I have no idea where he gets off thinking we would be interested in how he thinks yourself , Mr.Giugiaro and Mr.Chapman should have designed a car in the early 1970s!

So on behalf of 99.9% of the Esprit community, I would like to appologise for this boffoons posts, and I hope it does not tarnish your view of our group as a whole,

Sincerely, Wayne B :lol:

40-1.jpg

SUNP0003-1.jpg

TO:

Forum moderators,

For a person that for many reasons has been barred from this forum , we are spending a large amount of time discussing his misplaced theories.

In my opinion we have given the word "Teigan" quite enough audience. Can we now , not just flush him out of the system and put the manhole cover back on ??

Mike :animier:

Amen to that.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

And now this from Deecee:

Kimbers34 said:

Did the Doors and Window Frames Twist Out at speed and did the Side Glass want to Explode?...just like a Real Esprit?

Which Correspondence School did you get your Degree in Engineering from?

Obviously hasn't got a clue what is going on here!

I was going to mention the above but to be fair even my old man may be pushed to the limit on that one. The sheer idiocy of some people is quite astounding. My dad gets constant offers where people offer to pay him to speak to their member and when he does it for free he gets abuse.

I seriously hope he doesn't see it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It's got so bad now that the moderator has issued a warning.....to DeeCee. :) and Bojangles has, I think, got Mike and Tony Kimberley mixed up.

Must have boosted the traffic on Pistonheads Esprit forum no end.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

They probably made the trip specally so they could drop him off. The only problem with that theory is that that would make him part of an advance, hyper-intelligent civilization. Perhaps his was an experimental flight, the sort that we would do with monkeys. Doesn't explain DeeCee, though.

He's started again now in his Big Question thread. Directly blaming the old man for producing a faulty car. To be honest the guys an idiot and I'm not even going to read it anymore. I did have a nice letter from the Mod team over there apologising and asking me to keep posting but too many :) there.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer