Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit and someone called Teigan - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit and someone called Teigan

Mike Kimberley

Ahhh but you forget, here I'm a Mod and I'll Ban touch your ass! :)

Edited by Bibs

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not fair the mods get all the fun :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

You saying you wouldn't enjoy kimbers touching your arse cliff lol :)

LOL

I am unworthy :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Don't start me on a Mod editing war Mr Bibs Sir! :)

[Minced the pinky]

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Oh bugger! and I wanted to be one of the Rockers

but i can't find an emoticon with long hair.

All i could find is this guy with funny ears :)

and this geezer squeezing his spots :)

Edited by punky

i see that the idiots they call moderators have now re-opened the closed tiegan thread..and are letting this deecee continue to make defamatory and personal attacks against mr kimbers.

im disgusted by this and have emailed the mods reguarding it. the level of thought they must use must be boundless in stature!

however i have now deleted the bookmark from here and will pay it no further mind.

:( [Paul C is Gay and fantasises about Kimbers's arse]

:lol: You bugger you found it and altered it again!

Don't start me on a Mod editing war Mr Bibs Sir! :(

[Minced the pinky]

:( DOH!

Hehe, I've got more toys than you kiddo, don't even try it :P

[when kimbers is out, his missus is texting me]

:cry: Double DOH!

All I can say is wow, I just read that whole thread on PH and I can not believe the drivel.

velocitywithwingmi8.jpg

I can only assume this is his model :(

I really don't know where to begin laughing at this, I mean some effort was involved, but there are so many other factors to determining the aerodynamics on the car that this model is completely absurb.

A little theory knowledge is a dangerous thing, especially when combined with a self-rightous know-it-all and computer modeling software. Garbage in = garbage out.

I think you might need to work on your reading comprehension a bit...

Teigan's model was a bar of soap...

The image above was not posted by Teigan.... It was posted by Lotusse89 (see, no resemblance to the word "Teigan" at all.)

Although others made that same mistake....

Lotusse89 happens to be me.

I happened to be someone who went to the University of Colorado for Aerospace Engineering. One of the best schools in the US for partying, being a hippie, getting in trouble while playing basketball/football, working with Nobel Prize winning physicists, and Aerospace Engineering...

Well, those last two things I did...

I also happen to be trained in the use of Ansys Multiphysics FEA software (mechanical statics, & dynamics, electromagnetics, high speed EM, thermal, and computational fluid dynamics...)

You might also notice that I posted that little image after Teigan posted something about testing his little bar of soap.

You should also notice that I offered no comment, no insight, no solution, just the image...

I knew full well that it was Teigan, and that nothing I said would make a dent in his opinion.

You assume the poster believed the CFD model held the answers to aerodynamics, life, and the universe.

No such claim was made...

Infact the CFD model was made for fun, to see the effect of simulated airflow over the midsection of the esprit and to possibly compare the differences between a model with a glass back or without.

Now if you know anything about Finite Elemental Analysis or Computational Fluid Dynamics, you might regurgitate that the use of such software is frought with the chance for error. And you'd be right.

But of course it has it uses.

The best use of the software is to compare two nearly identical situations with the fewest number of variables, that is all things equal except the item of interest.

When used in this way, it is very easy to see the relative effect of that one variable.

So you might say "but you can't learn anything from a 2D model!", and you'd be wrong. Two dimensional models have been used in both "real" aeronautical research as well as computer modeling since the begining. The early aeronautical research, and the basis for everything we know today, was all 2D airfoil. Look at the NACA list of airfoils for instance!

Or how about here

http://www.ae.uiuc.edu/m-selig/ads.html

or here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airfoil

or here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NACA_airfoil

for starters.

Now you might say, "but an Esprit isn't an airfoil?" Wrong again!

2D airfoils are useful because they have "constant chord".

What else has constant chord? How about the mid section of an Esprit...

topviewstephensconstantym9.jpg

Looks like the entire section of the Esprit that lies between the butresses is nearly a perfect constant chord... Or I should say, can be idealized by a constant chord.

Do I hear you say "but what about the underside of the car?" Well, that's why we're keeping the model the same for each test case except for that one variable of interest. Just like each Esprit in the study ('89 Stevens, '89SE, '91 X180-R, '92 SE, '93 SE, '94 S4, '95 S4s, 98 V8, and '99 Sport 350). Everything nearly identical down that center section except for airdam depth, wing location and AOA, and glass back or not.

carls_car_side.sized.jpg

lews_x180r_side.sized.jpg

SE_Size_Spec_sized.sized.jpg

93_se.jpg

espritS4_side.jpg

96_esprit.jpg

esprit02_02.jpg

350sp_measure2.jpg

So in order to keep all things equal, I drew the base shape of the esprit in a scaled drawing in SolidWorks and saved it as an iges file. With this I was able to load it into Ansys and mesh the tunnel and car with the desired number and type of elements.

I did the same for each wing, and for the glass back or notch back, and for the different front airdam.

I then wrote a program using Ansys' scripting language which was fully parameterized so that I could turn on/off any element while keeping all other variables the same.

Again, this was all for fun. But it was easy to see what I was after.

If you knew CFD, or aerodynamics, you might have noticed that image posted has a little problem... it's obvious really. The tunnel is too short. the air above the car is compressing between the car body and the ceiling... But then I didn't say that image had the answeres to the universe... It was just a pretty picture... no a test... that I posted. BTW, Teigan didn't take the bait...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I think you might need to work on your reading comprehension a bit...

..snipped..

It was just a pretty picture... no a test... that I posted. BTW, Teigan didn't take the bait...

Only assumed, as I stated since his was removed from his album.

That being said, that image is exactly what I said absurb. And the garbage in = garbage out is exactly true as well. Modeling which leaving out things like the wheels, and the airflow directed into and out of the engine bay via the engine cover, even the heat expelled under the car from the radiator/oil coolers and I won't even touch the 'wing' portion as I don't know how detailed you measured these, but I see what you were fishing for and your right it's just a pretty picture.

:lol: You bugger you found it and altered it again!

:P DOH!

:cry: Double DOH!

Err, okay... own up... who's been fiddling with my posts (oooh matron) then? :P

As amusing as it is, I can't claim credit for the above post - it originally read something along the lines of "I stand corrected. My apologies Sir" :huh:

Have I been the victim of identity theft?!? Are dark forces at work?!? Have I been 'abused' by a mod?!? Or have I simply gone stark raving bonkers?!?!

Paul and Travis.

Ultimately we are all agreeing that Tiegan is a Tit and that he talks rubbish so lets not start on each other over a jumped up little twerp. Just to stop anything getting out of hand. This forum is a great place to be and we will keep it that way, a safe haven from people like Teigan. Thanks, now shake hands and kiss...... :P:huh:

James.......

You see! This is what happens When Good Mods Go Bad......... :P

Can we draw a line under this now?

I think we all know that Teigan is a prick and that Piston Heads isn't the best place. I suggest that we stick this sorry episode and the wally to the back of our minds and move on.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I couldn't agree more Bibs. It appears from reviewing the post, that it has only made teigan more popular and notorious, in a weird, twisted way. Everyone is @ odds here, and he is probably sitting back laughing.

The post should be deleted in it's entirety.