Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 12 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

Valve seems good value for money. Still have to test its operation have all the tools required, pump guage etc. The Clarke pressure guage was quite good value. Will test the boost guage on the instrument panel also. This must be working else no way of knowing if the engine is about to blow!

Fabian -  do the mounting holes line up exactly?   Also, this model is supposed to be adjustable, but there is no obvious adjustment.   Is it achieved using shims to alter the spring pressure?.   Please can you take a note of all the pipe fittings you use for the rigid pipe.  I'm interested in this mod....

Am getting a engineering company to give me a quote for making a collar that will fit the wastegate exactly and a blanking plate. If anyone is interested I might be able to get mire than one made?

Well The wastegate valve collar is being made and should be ready in a week. It will only need the exhaust to the waste gate it let to be extended slightlly and job done. This has got to be a major step forward in costs and reliability. Probably will all come in at about £200. Will put the details of the Engineering Company on here when they have made the part, with pictures incase anyone else wishes to do this.

steve

have decided to replace the studs with stepped ones. This way there is no need to drill the wastegate. 

Olin MKVI james bond skis

would you believe it I found a pair. The only trouble is they are in central Oregon, 190mls from Portland. How on earth can I pick them up? Any ideas?

Had a look at shipping services don't think many will travel out into central Oregon☹️️☹️️☹️️

• Like 1

On 21/11/2016 at 08:36, Lotusfab said:

Am getting a engineering company to give me a quote for making a collar that will fit the wastegate exactly and a blanking plate. If anyone is interested I might be able to get mire than one made?

Hi Fabian - What do you mean by the collar?  What is it for? 

IMG_0978.JPGIMG_0976.JPGDon't know what the technical name is but I'm calling it a collar. The sealing ring sits in the recess and the wastegate bolts on top. You can see the outer perimeter is smaller on the casting than on the gasket. There's not enough material to seal the adapter hole. So the Collar is being remade with the same recess and centre hole, but matching the outside perimeter of the gasket. The stud size is being swapped to stepped studs to match the 6mm  wastegate holes. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Are they going into the mountains?

I have a couple guys going to Seattle in December for work....?

No but they are heading to a Hotel in Puget for a week so you could get them sent on, my guys could then bring them back I guess if any help?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

1 hour ago, Lotusfab said:

Olin MKVI james bond skis

would you believe it I found a pair. The only trouble is they are in central Oregon, 190mls from Portland. How on earth can I pick them up? Any ideas?

Had a look at shipping services don't think many will travel out into central Oregon☹️️☹️️☹️️

Sounds as if they are about 50 miles from me, probably down in Bend. Should be easy to ship to the UK.

23 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Suppose I could get Olin to run a few off, any one else want some?

They got out of making skis a couple of years after the film was released.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

17 minutes ago, Choppa said:

They got out of making skis a couple of years after the film was released.

sure i hired a pair of Olins 5 or 6 years ago

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Well have given up on making wheels! So would anyone like to put their car back in the original wheels and swap my BBS wheels and suspension for theirs? Alternatively I would buy some wheels or rims off you? Thanks.

My Wastegate collar has been completed! Just pick it up on the 8th Dec. Then will post a few pics. Then just have to fix the fuel system and can put it all back for an engine run. Once I can get the car in and out if the shed will recommissioning all the electrics! Also still need to rebuild the gear selector. Coming along but in no rush! Desperately want to paint it copper! But that will have to wait till the funds catch up!

I'm still getting emails from Harry at Image Wheels saying that remanufacture of CX500s is a possibility if they can get enough interest. I doubt it will happen personally but you never know.

Ive got my name down for a set should it ever happen