Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 80 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

Roof stereos will be easy to check. Hopefully they will open it and I can check the leather samples I have. Anyone know an easy way to match the carpet colour photographically? Is there an app? 

Carpets

Anyone got any ideas how to match the carpet colour assuming they open the door in the museum. Don't really want to take millions of swatch books!

I found a colour app for  iPad but not sure how good it is.

25 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Carpets

Anyone got any ideas how to match the carpet colour assuming they open the door in the museum. Don't really want to take millions of swatch books!

I found a colour app for  iPad but not sure how good it is.

Hi Fabian

Do bear in mind the original carpet will have faded. When matching my carpet samples from Coverdale I compared the sample with the folded carpet under the sill ashtrays (which had not seen any sun) and the unfaded colour was quite different to the exposed carpet. 

It might be worth taking some Coverdale samples for the colour you want ( in my case they sent me all the reds). They won’t take up much space in your luggage either.

The weave of the carpets they made for me is spot on! 

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks. Not sure if the carpet will be a standard Lotus colour. I know the edging was leather. I am taking the Conelly leather samples  to confirm the colour and the samples Mike gave me. Good idea may try and get some samples from Coverdale also.

From memory the whole interior of MPW71V was re trimmed to the new trial Bond colour scheme by Connelly Leather so I suspect by the deep pile carpets(Deeper than normal Esprit) were probably Wilton as per most of their luxury customers at the time i.e. RR and Jaguar. Hence the leather trim.

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 1

I hope to sort my Compomotive wheels in the next few months and sell off all my wheel parts here. I have Barrels, lips and centres. They aren't all suitable for Lotus, but are very rare 15 inch/ 20 hole. 

I also have Porsche wheels that have been professionally restored with rolled edges. They are 5/130 PCD. I bought them gpfor the rear lip. Which I shall be switching to my 5 1/2 inch lip from 4 1/4. They are immaculate. Here's a pick befor eI switch the fronts to 1 1/4 inch wider. The new lip I put on will also be rolled edge. Pm me if interested. Once I have switched them over I expect they will sell pretty quick.they are probably the best I have seen. They cost £400 to have professionally restored. They have been powder coated and polished. The leftbone will be 1 1/4 inch wider. So 15 x 11 J and 15 x 10.5 j app. The hole centres ar 70 mm.IMG_2953.thumb.PNG.c53cab8c285b02157d3a1a68fb4b1ad7.PNG

I will be looking for about £1750,  but am open to sensible offers. This will just about cover costs.

1 hour ago, Lotusfab said:

Thanks Mike, can you guess at the colour?

Hi Fabian,

I would try and find some info from Connelly about carpet supplies. My photos of MPW are very accurate to the real actual colour.

Cheers Mike

I think Im looking forward to you going and seeing some decent pictures and getting some questions answered as much as you probably are Fabian!

Remaining 3 of my wheels split today.  Just sorting ally center caps then off doe powder coating.

IMG_7559.JPG

• Thanks 1

Hi Phil!

I want to see what bits I have to make a five stud set of wheels. Just put on a flat surface, straight edge on top  ruler to flat surface gives width. 

Think you measured the rear lip for me before? 3 1/2 inch I think? 

I have lots of Barrels so hopefully enough to make a new set.

thanks.

Fabian When you are inspecting the Bond cars ar Deezer please check the following if at all possible.

1) Does either car have a plaque fitted to proclaim its Bond use?

2) Is there any sign of 10930 Copper Fire Car having had "Styled by G" badges fitted.

3) What engines do the cars currently have fitted. I suspect 10930 Copper Fire will have a Turbo Engine & 10929 White car will possibly have only a N/A engine.

Please ask if they have any documentation from Dr Peter Nelson about their provenance.

Regards Mike

Hi Mike no probs. Will get some pics then ask! If anyone has any other questions please add them on. I'm already looking for cockpit stereos! And signs of colour changes. Will try and see underneath if they are Turbos. Doubt if they will open the boots or even the doors, but will ask!

37 minutes ago, G_Reaper said:

Fabian When you are inspecting the Bond cars ar Deezer please check the following if at all possible.

1) Does either car have a plaque fitted to proclaim its Bond use?

2) Is there any sign of 10930 Copper Fire Car having had "Styled by G" badges fitted.

3) What engines do the cars currently have fitted. I suspect 10930 Copper Fire will have a Turbo Engine & 10929 White car will possibly have only a N/A engine.

Please ask if they have any documentation from Dr Peter Nelson about their provenance.

Regards Mike

Hi Mike,

I thought the copper car had a normally aspirated engine so there would not be starting delays in the cold when filming scenes?

We're going to have to start calling you Sherlock. I'm loving the intrigue here. I hope you get all the info and assistance you need at the museum. Best of luck.

:) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......