Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 82 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

1 hour ago, G_Reaper said:

On the other photos from this promo shoot you can see the circular badge with Essex then the lotus emblem underneath and then under the Lotus emblem where the production cars have their individual number there appears to be no number. See link

Lotus_Essex_Esprit.jpg

Mike are you suggesting these 2 photos are from the same photoshoot or am I misreading this? The reason I ask is the photos are of 2 different cars I would say

B9D903BF-55C5-4817-A29C-3B0D4F110BC4.jpeg

Yep I agree looking at that clearer version of that photo Stephen, however I did read that for the photo shoot they lowered the car's stance to give it a more aggressive F1 look. NCL does look to have something under the lotus emblem on that clearer photo. Maybe Lotus thought it fitting to put 001 on it for its press work after the original photo shoot? They still stated back in the late 1980s when I enquired it was not part of the numbered ltd edition series along with KAH and MPW also not being part of the numbered series. 

Lets face it Lotus do what they see fit when it comes to cars to be driven by the press. I was also told the 3 prototypes were of a lighter construction than the production versions to aid performance.

Cheers Mike

I was always under the conclusion that the  top rubber suspension  spacers had been removed from the essex press car to aid in the lowering of the car for the press photos.  For a short period this is fine but after a while it would of risked metal to metal contact from the road spring direct to chassis which would of caused chassis damage if it would of been left ?

A

Ok Lads. I need to out some stuff there's no room left. I am going to sell my original BBS wheels and the four five stud hubs they are mounted on. I hsvnt stripped them off yet, but will soon. I am selling a full set of Porsche Wheels which are imaculate. PCD 5/130. They all have rolled edge Lips. I'm also selling the second set as advertised on here and Inhave Barrels and lips. If anyone wants any of this stuff, pm me. 

On 02/01/2018 at 00:42, G_Reaper said:

Yep I agree looking at that clearer version of that photo Stephen, however I did read that for the photo shoot they lowered the car's stance to give it a more aggressive F1 look. NCL does look to have something under the lotus emblem on that clearer photo. Maybe Lotus thought it fitting to put 001 on it for its press work after the original photo shoot? They still stated back in the late 1980s when I enquired it was not part of the numbered ltd edition series along with KAH and MPW also not being part of the numbered series. 

Lets face it Lotus do what they see fit when it comes to cars to be driven by the press. I was also told the 3 prototypes were of a lighter construction than the production versions to aid performance.

Cheers Mike

Ears on one and not on the other Mike....together with the obvious rife height difference. These photos were at least taken at different times but could still be the same car I suppose.

1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

Ears on one and not on the other Mike....together with the obvious rife height difference. These photos were at least taken at different times but could still be the same car I suppose.

Could be Stephen. 

Just quoting Lotus to you guys they clearly stated to me knowing I was the owner of MPW at the time that the 3 prototypes with the chassis numbers between S2 last chassis and the start of the production of the S2.2s i.e. 10858>10860 were not recognised by them as part of the Essex numbered ltd edition production series. 

Edited by G_Reaper2
  • Like 1

Only five days till I arrive at the museum. I realise many of you can’t get over there so will post the pics here to help anyone who wants a copy car. .Expect the pictures to start appearing by the 10 th Jan. Roo, as far as I can tell the Copper Fire car is still at the North Miami part of the Museum. The Fort Lauderdale Museum has no Bond Cars. The Vegas seem S to have hot rods, but I can’t find an inventory. If I get there and the cars in Vegas I will pop  over to a Vegas and get this sorted! Deezer here I come! 

I hope to get answers for all. Maybe Mr Deezer will be around? If he is I will try and talk to him directly and get the whole museum on the case! 

I will be there for two days s9 in theory could go back for a second da6 if I miss anything. Here’s a taste from internet pics.294B0896-E32A-4787-877C-D200E22DDEE1.thumb.png.fd7e6843f78a21016be3d13493e335b6.png

I’m starting to think maybe a identical 007 decal on the door, but maybe that’s a little too much?

Maybe I could loan him the correct Skis!

• Thanks 1

Does anyone reading this want to make a set of five stud Compomotives? I need space and have decided to out some of my wheel bits. This will be a project and ideally for  someone with lathe acces and time. I am too busy and have other sets to build. I have four cx500 centres.

Three are 5/130 and one 4/108. They could be changed to 5/120 for the Esprit, but I think PCD adapters is the way ahead. Another option is get 5/130 hubs made. Adapters are cheaper and a simple  solution.  Three will need ribs machining off and one welding and drilling to 5/130 or find another one 5/130. They are out there but you need to know people. The rear wheels are complete with the rare BBS  Lips  and Barrels. I have Barrels for the front but the Lips will need finding or buying from image wheels. . With a little effort you can have a set off Compomotives much cheaper than buying them completed. 

I will sell the lot only to a forum member for a really good price.I have started to polish the lips just too demonstrate how they will come up.  PM if interested.

Here are two of the wheels I'm selling. Have polished the lips a little. These are the five stud correct lips.IMG_3020.thumb.JPG.fe000db4f1a2eaff5df179ea1597fee1.JPG

IMG_3024.thumb.JPG.7bae0da1321715657d1529b37f12b6c3.JPGThese Imhave polished fully. They are for sale with my mint set of Porsche wheels.

Fabian

i have just read the White lettering in the rear bumper may be a light grey rather than white. 

Are you able to check?

Phil

So I'm looking for plaques

styled by G badges

signs of white on Copper car

engine types

rear bumper colours

lots of photos

interior colours - Carpet and leather

Anything else? Probably only one shot at this??.

I've been busy Sorting the  wheels. I have nearly got them all polished, just two lips to go. I'm going to have the centres blasted. Then I will probably get them sprayed to match the decal colour. I have an analyser app on my iPad so should be able to scan the Bond car, not sure how accurate it is but better than guessing! 

I'm using Sikaflex 221 to seal the wheels. I believe the valves are standard just over 11 mm. Will need a value insert tool. I still need the bolt sizes and will measure them if no one gets back to me with a size. Wheels seem pretty easy to do. I'm making a lot up. Think I will seal the lips on the mating surface and on the circumference inside the wheel so air pressure pushes the sealant into the gap. I have used an air polisher, with mops and buffing pads together with hand polishing. The more you do the better they come up. Taken a  lot of hours so far. At the end I will have three sets of wheels. The Lotus set and two Porsche sets. One is immaculate and the other is on here. I will have some spare 20 hole Barrels as well. Really need to out them as I can't walk in my garage! If no one on here wants the bits, I will make the set up. They are already looking quite good with more effort they will be stunning. 

I want the 70 mm centre caps on my Lotus set as per the originals, so this is the plan.

I intend to mould the Ski racks using Foam to model them exactly from the pictures and then use this to make fiberglass moulds. I think these will be skins and non load bearing.underneth them will be metal frames that take the load and are bolted through the tailgate. I also want the upper racks to be lockable with a key slot in the side of each rack. I hope they look exact from the outside but are real ski racks and not props. They will have rubber jaws to take the skis. The works starting to mount up. I have also  been talking to Steve Fulcher about the trim with a view to getting it FYEO spec. Not a lot of point in doing all this this if the trim is incorrect. With Steves expert help it should be spot on.

Fabian

Bolts are M6 x 40mm cap heads. Not got mine yet but will be putting stainless in that are black coated

what tool and pads and polishing liquid are you using?