Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones... - Page 23 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones...

Bibs

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

What's the new drone?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Aha. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

It looks like I have just scored a DJI Phantom (not sure which model yet) that has been flown once and then was sat in a cupboard after a crash which only broke the propellers. Th batteries won't hold a charge, but other than that, everything is fine.

I just have to get hold of one or two batteries. Picking it up tomorrow.

I'm calling that a win.

• Gold FFM

I now own a DJI Phantom 3 SE for the grand total of $0.

It has two batteries but they won’t seem to charge. Into the internet I go. So a battery maybe and a card for the camera.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'll have it inside shortly so I'l post up a photo later. It has been flown once by a guy at the school who said "I'm not having it in beginner mode." and then promptly flew it into a wall and then it got packed away until they were going to turf it and my daughters partner grabbed it. It is a refurbed drone, but hey it was cheap.

All this frigging about with batteries and obsolescence, whether in phones, drones, EVs etc is a real ticking environmental time bomb that most companies just greenwash away. It's pretty shocking to be honest.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Hi @Bibs  Would you consider third party batteries? I have read online that DJI did some sort of firmware issue that prevented third party batteries from working. Does that apply to the P3SE as well or is it too old?

• 2 weeks later...

With the arrival of the M3 and now having 5 drones, I'm selling the Mavic 2 Pro if anyone is interested? £750 delivered to any TLF members. 

They're £1349 new, the flymore kit is £300 and the case is £200 plus there's a battery multicharger and set of filters. 

20230227_111607.jpg

20230227_111734.jpg

20230227_111750.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

China then?

• Gold FFM

What causes the rippling effect in the video at 4:33? I notice a similar effect in our digital TV sometimes.