Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS - Breakfast meet 6th November - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS - Breakfast meet 6th November

12 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Don't put me back on the list, but I'm still going to try for the museum leg as Saturday might not be too heavy a night. Would just be me as we'd still have house guests.

No problem Colin, hope to see you at the Museum.

15 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

Where are all the rendezvous points. Looks like it's going to be a good turn out with a good mixture of cars. Going to be a good photo shoot. 

Johnny5 

Hi Johnny, I plan to leave Key at 9:00am so we could meet as usual in the old Homebase carpark at the retail park.

• Gold FFM

I may have to sneak in via the tradesman's entrance as I could be arriving in a non-Lotus, :( .

I put the Evora into Craig on Monday to investigate a suspension rattle and renew its MOT. It needs front drop links and ARB bushes, which he has in stock, and rear drop links which he doesn't and which are on back-order at Hethel. He has however managed to source some at a dealer down south so it's all down to the courier service now whether or not they arrive in time for the weekend.

80 hours since I last drove my P&J - I'm suffering severe withdrawal symptoms I can tell you!

16 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

I may have to sneak in via the tradesman's entrance as I could be arriving in a non-Lotus, :( .

I put the Evora into Craig on Monday to investigate a suspension rattle and renew its MOT. It needs front drop links and ARB bushes, which he has in stock, and rear drop links which he doesn't and which are on back-order at Hethel. He has however managed to source some at a dealer down south so it's all down to the courier service now whether or not they arrive in time for the weekend.

80 hours since I last drove my P&J - I'm suffering severe withdrawal symptoms I can tell you!

Fingers crossed the part arrives in time. 

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 09:54, bingoking said:

No problem Colin, hope to see you at the Museum.

Hi Johnny, I plan to leave Key at 9:00am so we could meet as usual in the old Homebase carpark at the retail park.

Yes. That's great we will meet you there. for a swift drive over. 

Johnny.

3 hours ago, Bob Dickson said:

Museum only for me.

OK Bob, see you there.

This is very local to me so if it's OK I'd like to pop along. I haven't had an operational car for a good while and miss the breakfast meets. Hopefully this isn't a problem, there are good numbers signed up. :) 

9 hours ago, Sharky said:

This is very local to me so if it's OK I'd like to pop along. I haven't had an operational car for a good while and miss the breakfast meets. Hopefully this isn't a problem, there are good numbers signed up. :) 

No problem Fergus, see you there.

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie, Breakfast & Museum

3 & 4 Johnny & Audrey, Breakfast & Museum

5 C8RKH, Breakfast and Museum

6 & 7 John and Marge, Breakfast & Museum

8 & 9 Hedgerley plus 1- Breakfast & Museum

10 & 11 Al & Debbie (yippee I'm home for something!) - Breakfast & Museum

12 & 13 Gregor (Dude on here) & Emma - but Emma is only a maybe. Breakfast & Museum

14 Duggie - Breakfast & Museum

15 & 16  Alfa2Evora (David) & Jennifer, Breakfast & Museum

17 & 18 Sharron & Dave, Breakfast & Museum

19 & 20  Alan & Jim (vegetarian),  Breakfast & Museum

21 Neil P, Breakfast and Museum

22 & 23 Alan & Gwen, breakfast and museum.

24 & 25 Dom +1 Museum Only

26 & 27 Arnold +1 Museum only

28 & 29 Andrew & Alister breakfast & Museum

30 Jim Grant, Breakfast and Museum. 

31 Barry, Breakfast & Museum

No. 13 is now confirmed and no longer a maybe.  Lets hope we get weather like today and it will be a good photoshoot.  Damn, at 16:00 and light fading fast just realised mine is as manky as hell - now there is a surprise I hear you say - as been commuting to Clydebank all week.  Still shows the car isn't a weekend garage queen.

C U All there as been having withdrawal symptoms  this last few months. 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Very doubtful of turning up or very doubtful of waking up?  That is surely rocket fuel.  I know what drinking the Pickering export strength gin is like at 57% and not so great the next day.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Honestly, every time I had a dram it was like the most pleasant punch in the head you could ever have Al. :lol:

Yup, definitely out, I think the police would have a gun unit outside the house if I even touched the car keys. I'm scared to go see how much is out of that bottle! Can't wait to see the photos of today. ??

Nice to see you all, not seen many of you in a good while, and good to meet some new people too. Some lovely cars out. B-)

Food was lovely even if they didn't quite manage so well dealing with such a large group.

B24435C3-A968-487C-B1A5-AAFE07B79F0B_zps

Breakfast was top tucker considering all they had was two calor gas camping stoves, a single frying pan, and candle!  Only joking, was a bit slow for some, but the place was rammed.

Great to see so many great cars, old and new. Fantastic collection of motors. Anyone find out what colour that "white" esprit was with the blue interior. The paint was just pinging all over the place - wonderful... 

I ended up getting home just after dark, not long ago, about 4.5 hours+ after leaving the motor museum. Wonderful drive home, via just about every loch, nook, cranny, and road in the Lomond national park. Wife was about to send out a search party when I roared up the drive. Just under 250 miles all told for a "right love, see you, just out for brekkie with the Lotus folks" jaunt!  God the Evora is more addictive than crack cocaine.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Is the red Giugiaro Esprit Turbo this one here, that's for sale at Alan MacDonald's?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-lotus-esprit-tbo----------------1987/6290109

And is the white Steven's Turbo this one?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-turbo/6165687

Gutted I never went now.......:angry:

A thought struck me this morning whilst having a cup of tea, staring out the window....  

On the several LEGS runs I've done recently this year i can't seem to recall much of a presence from our friends in V6 Exiges!  I remember the LF1 being out a couple of times, and maybe one other, but that's about it. Are there many V6 Exiges about in Scotland, and if so, where do they all hide / lurk?

I have to say that Evora's have been very well represented, and even the V8 Esprit's, Elises and Elan's and Eclat's, but the V6 Exige seems to be a rare beast around here, or, maybe, they're just an unsociable bunch!  :P

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!