Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 33 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

If you're painting the engine cover then I'd say paint the wing. 

Only one way to be sure mate, I know your mockup skills are more than good enough to get a good idea what the right way forward is. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
28 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

The engine cover will be painted in Satin black, not yellow. The wing is carbon so I’ll either leave it carbon or I’ll paint it in Liquid Yellow. Problem is it’s hard to do a render until it’s fitted, so it’s guess work until then!

You could always change the colour of my car... I mean your pretty much copying me so would be accurate lol

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

“It is a Eltech wing which was ordered in 140cm and came in 155cm! So it was shortened by me and a friend to 138cm and got new proper end covers  with sleeve nuts and Komotec supports. 
So it looks nearly close to the flat Komotec . 
It is a race part and works perfect.”

I’ll see how it looks when it arrives, I’m not expecting it to be perfect, but it’s only a beginners wing for me 😬

• Like 1

Could you do a Union Jack in shades of Liquid Yellow? So it looks yellow, then you look closer and see the flag...just. Main part of wing should stay carbon. My 2p worth.

Need some help from forum buddies...  Please let me know which option you think looks best!

Option 1, carbon wing, yellow end plates:
DSC_0815wing1.thumb.jpg.2ae9eae782812bc2a7aa772e1c62778d.jpg

Option 2, Yellow wing, carbon endplates:
DSC_0815wing2.thumb.jpg.0d765e93265c81c36a6bc58ede79b647.jpg

Option 3, Yellow wing, Yellow endplates, but bare carbon on insides of endplates

DSC_0815wing3.thumb.jpg.f6dc83bb65cd4f3671e259a594215128.jpg

Yellow wing and dark end plates.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel