Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Red Turbo Esprit recommission project - Page 10 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Red Turbo Esprit recommission project

58 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

Proper man cave Wayne,  and even a pit :respect:   Car looks stunning btw ,   :)

Thanks Dan. The pit is very useful as you can imagine.✌️

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Changing idle jets to try and cure the " they  all do that" stumble 

IMG_2757.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

2 hours ago, pete said:

AND

As usual a man of few words Pete. Will advise when they arrive tomorrow. 

I always preferred the Jaguar myself✌️

IMG_2759.PNG

Yer, Jaguar was a small version of what should have been the TSR-2. Anyway, it was all f**ked up when Lord Mountbatten sided with the Navy and said that the Blackburn Buccaneer should not be sold to the RAF. Not that the RAF wanted it anyway. That would have been THE plane that could have done all of the roles... 

What was that famous quote? “All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR-2 simply got the first three right”

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Jets changed to 45s and a total cure. Really does make a huge difference. Anyone that has this problem don't hesitate ( excuse the pun) change the jets now. They are only 2.15p each on eBay massive difference. Have to adjust the mixture but that's a piece of....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dave Eds said:

Edam?

Piss....!!!✌️?

On 14/08/2017 at 23:21, swindon_alan said:

Yer, Jaguar was a small version of what should have been the TSR-2. Anyway, it was all f**ked up when Lord Mountbatten sided with the Navy and said that the Blackburn Buccaneer should not be sold to the RAF. Not that the RAF wanted it anyway. That would have been THE plane that could have done all of the roles... 

What was that famous quote? “All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR-2 simply got the first three right”

I'll see your TSR2, and raise you this....................

IMG_2775.JPG

Margate Exotics.

6 hours ago, SPADGER27 said:

Yes mate . As pete said. Lovely car. Do you fancy it Paul... I can buy them all?

Yer Ian, love the Lightning. If the TSR-2 was a racehorse, the Lightning was a stallion on steroids, what a beast! I think there is still one flying in South Africa and a return to flight project in the States. I would love to go and see them. From Wikipedia:

In 1984, during a NATO exercise, Flt Lt Mike Hale intercepted a U-2 at a height which they had previously considered safe (thought to be 66,000 feet (20,000 m)). Records show that Hale also climbed to 88,000 ft (27,000 m) in his Lightning F.3 XR749. This was not sustained level flight but a ballistic climb, in which the pilot takes the aircraft to top speed and then puts the aircraft into a climb, exchanging speed for altitude. Hale also participated in time-to-height and acceleration trials against Lockheed F-104 Starfighters from Aalborg. He reports that the Lightnings won all races easily with the exception of the low-level supersonic acceleration, which was a "dead heat".[68] Lightning pilot and Chief Examiner Brian Carroll reported taking a Lightning F.53 up to 87,300 feet (26,600 m) over Saudi Arabia at which level "Earth curvature was visible and the sky was quite dark", noting that control-wise "[it was] on a knife edge".[69]

Brian Carroll compared the Lightning and the F-15C Eagle, having flown both aircraft, stating that: "Acceleration in both was impressive, you have all seen the Lightning leap away once brakes are released, the Eagle was almost as good, and climb speed was rapidly achieved. Takeoff roll is between 2,000 and 3,000 ft [610 and 910 m], depending upon military or maximum afterburner-powered takeoff. The Lightning was quicker off the ground, reaching 50 ft [15 m] height in a horizontal distance of 1,630 ft [500 m]". Chief test pilot for the Lightning Roland Beamont, who also flew most of the "Century Series" US aircraft, stated his opinion that nothing at that time had the inherent stability, control and docile handling characteristics of the Lightning throughout the full flight envelope. The turn performance and buffet boundaries of the Lightning were well in advance of anything known to him.

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Thanks Ian

17 hours ago, ian29gte said:

A former boss of mine had a flight in the South African Lightning, bought for him as a birthday present. He said it was the most frightening, yet exhilarating experience of his life. He had to undergo a full medical beforehand.

We've drifted off topic, though! I put some photos up in th events section, which include Wayne's Esprit. And very nice it looks, too. Credit to Wayne!

The S4s looks stunning especially with the new interior. Outstanding my friend. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sticking hand brake on the rear near side calliper.

stripped it down totally and cleaned the operating cam and pin. The auto adjuster was quite easy to get apart and clean. Put the internal spring and retaining cage back together only to have the circlip come adrift and fire the whole thing across the workshop. Now I can’t find the cage.. 

if I’m gonna make the Sunday meet I will have to strip the calliper from the “ Moore” car and fit that one. Typical. The only moving part on the callipers I didn’t recon causes trouble..?✌️