Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900? - Page 12 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900?

Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900 Ugrade?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

After loads of searching and deciding i Joined the SSC Tvs club today spoke with Chris and orderd my kit fitting will be about 2 weeks time and i believe i,m the first in the uk to have this fitted to a IPS boxed exige time will tell......

• Like 2

I'm sure someone some where must have, I asked what kind of power it makes and was told its more about drivability I've been there before with massive power on light weight cars and after all the expense they weren't so quick over a lap which is what i,m after ..

42 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

We need another Exige trackday at Silverstone... 

or at Donington.... having said that i have habit of crashing there last time was going down Craners at over 100mph backwards on the grass :( 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

In the morning yes.

Once I got up to speed I thought the gap was quite significant...

Just my opinion of course

My tyres had gone off in the afternoon ;)

All fun Dave!

www.alias23.com

Fantastic but I bet this conversion doesn't come cheaply! Also, I'd imagine the character and dynamics of the car is completely changed +/- 

On 3/11/2018 at 13:58, jonnyboy said:

Random one baronbennyt but did you have a blue macca? I think we parked next to you at the Circuit Days trackday at the ring last April? 

I did Jon and that was indeed me at Circuit Days last April. The 12C went pop on me at the end of the start/finish straight (coolant hose burst) so after I had it fixed I walked away from it (sold it). Have been very happy with the 3-Eleven since I bought it in March 2017. I also got myself a silly Jaguar at the begging of the year so will share the track day duties between the two of them. Just hoping for a decent British summer....Ben 

• 1 year later...

How are people getting on with the chargecooled tvs1900?

Ive been deciding between going up market and going to the £140k+ leagues but running crazy costs always put me off.

So thinking of setting a £15k budget for mods to take my 380 to the next level. 

Not so interested in the komotec 460 as the 380 charger already at its limit so want to start with the best charger that’s not stressed and work around that.

How are people getting on with their box and clutch?

I don’t want crazy power 470 - 480 will be fine as done want to over stress things. Not that mine will ever be over stressed too much as I show things lots of mechanical sympathy and it’s only likely to ever see a track a few times in its life (and even then wouldn’t won’t be pushed).

It’s it worth just doing the charger or manifolds at same time to keep heat down and get some sports cats in?

I can't comment on the CC'd TVS1900, however I do have the non-cc version in my Evora S. I really enjoy the power increase over the standard car and it is more than fast enough on the road. Too quick in reality.

I have a track day booked for April which will be the first using the upgrade. I'll report back :D

380 charger isn’t at it’s limit. 460 is at the limit, as proved by the fact the KT460 kit exists.

Non CC TVS1900 makes no sense. Requires more energy to power it, produces more heat (although many say it won’t with no facts because they were told it by a salesman), costs a lot of money, and ultimately doesn’t have a charge cooler, so only so much you could turn up the power. Also requires manifolds/sports cat/intake to actually produce more power. Risk of damaging the standard cats without changing this.  I’m still yet to see a dyno run from a non CC TVS1900 car, just owners saying it pulls well...

Charge cooled TVS1900 is great if you want more than 460hp. If you don’t, then save your money and do 460 with Komo-etc.  Worth noting that the SSC CC’d TVS1900 cools the whole supercharger and the air, which is a better solution than the Komo-Tec 460 kit which just cools the air.  Having said that, I can do consistent lap times on track, so heat soak doesn’t seem to be an issue for me.

Eta - better to just sell your car and buy a 410 or 430 IMO.

• Confused 1