Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900? - Page 7 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900?

Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900 Ugrade?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, alias23 said:

That's Duncan in Blinkys old car. Full KT460, Ohlins, Genuine CupR aero and more. 

Yes, that's the car, has had a fortune spent on it. 

Duncan is a nice guy, we all chatted most of the day and shared passenger rides. 

It was the first time I had been in a ex460. 

9 hours ago, Gavin mckenzie said:

So I take it no news then !! Shame maybe they were just a rumour that won't materialise as it's been a while !!!

I'm told they are coming soon, but can't get a firm date from Stu or Randy. 

@Simply Sports Cars @Randy

• Like 1

On 28/08/2017 at 06:02, 550superfast said:

Yes, that's the car, has had a fortune spent on it. 

Duncan is a nice guy, we all chatted most of the day and shared passenger rides. 

It was the first time I had been in a ex460. 

Great to meet you Gary, probably the first time that a EX460 and TVS1900 has gone back to back!  Was very interesting to compare the top end of the 460 vs the torque of the 1900, and also the different grip level between the ZZR and Trofeos in terms of stability (or my wobble) through Riches!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dunc1 said:

Great to meet you Gary, probably the first time that a EX460 and TVS1900 has gone back to back!  Was very interesting to compare the top end of the 460 vs the torque of the 1900, and also the different grip level between the ZZR and Trofeos in terms of stability (or my wobble) through Riches!

Tell me more re grip 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 2 weeks later...

That looks really nice, but also, really really heavy!!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 9/13/2017 at 20:54, French Frie said:

Here's the launch of the watercooled TVS1900, by SSC :wub: (thanks to Harry Zhao) :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LotusOwnersAndEnthusiasts/permalink/10154989342085687/

185840IMG1536.jpg

Hope we'll soon have some rolling road numbers ...

That is some serious investment!!!!!

Why, have you had a go in a car with the standard kit? Having had a passenger ride in Gary's car, it's a significant upgrade compared to the OE supercharger and didn't seem to suffer from any heat-related loss of power at the end of a day at Snetterton late in August. Ambient air temperature was early 20s. 

I think the standard kit should be absolutely fine in the UK, and for additional heat management on track in high summer would probably change the manifolds in order to remove the integrated cats.

I could be misunderstanding things, but I'm not sure I get the point of this kit?

The Komotec 460 kit is the max that they can do without doing internals of the engine & changing gearbox.

The TVS1900 offers a good power figure, but the intake and exhaust system are the limiting factor for more power?  Surely if you get to more power you have to also do engine internals?  And if you get more torque you have to start either strengthening the gearbox or changing it.

Or is this kit for if you want to throw silly money at the car?

1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

Why, have you had a go in a car with the standard kit? Having had a passenger ride in Gary's car, it's a significant upgrade compared to the OE supercharger and didn't seem to suffer from any heat-related loss of power at the end of a day at Snetterton late in August. Ambient air temperature was early 20s. 

I think the standard kit should be absolutely fine in the UK, and for additional heat management on track in high summer would probably change the manifolds in order to remove the integrated cats.

What I will be doing is looking into both options and choosing the one which suits me. Nice to have another choice of kit as per the Komo tec versions.

2 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I could be misunderstanding things, but I'm not sure I get the point of this kit?

That's because you live on a freezing island :lol: ! Just kiddin'...

I assume that the TVS1900, even if less heat sensitive, may suffer from heat soak in very hot climates like Australia and middle/far east ... and it is supposed, according to SSC , to  deliver around 420/430 bhp, which ca, be compared to KT EX430. Maybe with the intercooler, it can reach 460+ , which offers a SSC competitor to the EX460 ? Just my guess ...

• 1 month later...

Well I pinged both vendors (UK, and via this forum)  and only one replied back to me. So I don’t think I’ll be getting a TVS for my 380 Sport.

cheers

Mark

@Mark030358 I bought the TVS 1900 that Gavin was selling on here a few weeks ago. It's currently sat in the garage with the intention of fitting it next April. But, in the meantime, I have decided that I want to buy a Caterham and then do the Caterham academy in a couple of years (that's another thread). So I'm not sure it makes sense to modify the V6 as it will reduce my future racing budget, and would be willing to move the TVS on - drop me a PM if interested. 

On 10/30/2017 at 16:20, Mark030358 said:

Well I pinged both vendors (UK, and via this forum)  and only one replied back to me. So I don’t think I’ll be getting a TVS for my 380 Sport.

cheers

Mark

Sorry Mark - I completely missed your enquiry.  A case of too many inbox's and not enough time to check them all!!!

Please email me on chris@hofmanns.co.uk or call on 01491848800 - I really wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to help you with your car!!