Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 45 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Sport 380

TLF News

Elise just got newish front clam design did it not?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 24/5/2017 at 17:53, mickv said:

Struggling to see why Lotus would bother with a 400 or 410 now.  Probably not worth the extra cost/hassle to produce a car with 5% more power.

But +5% every time not just for 2 laps...

I've got in the past the SC lotus kit and after few laps it runs worse than NA.

On 24/05/2017 at 19:50, C8RKH said:

Elise just got newish front clam design did it not?

Yes it did but the front bumper did not actually changed dimensions in terms of length or height of the bonnet and they did not have to change the crashbox which was hinted in the post in question. 

• Gold FFM
On 11/29/2016 at 12:08, Weiry said:

Absolutely bonza!

Welcome to TLF Graham. :welcome: 

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. Also look at the Australia section and get yourself a location marker on the map. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Looking sweet Mark. That mesh pocket's not a bad idea... Maybe another, shallower one under the release mech "shelf" too, might be a plan.

53 minutes ago, MartynB said:

Looking sweet Mark. That mesh pocket's not a bad idea... Maybe another, shallower one under the release mech "shelf" too, might be a plan.

Sorry, what mesh pocket???? If we are talking the silver bit on the boot/engine bay bulk heads, that's the removable access panel to get to the spark plugs on the rear bank of the engine. Its fitted to all the V6 Exiges

Edited by Seriouslylotus
  • Like 1

@Dave,

Never had that on my V6S? Or at least I never saw it under the carpet...

strange, but thanks for the info.

Mark

Makes sense. I guess the picture is actually without carpet in the boot, so you can see the hatch. It does look like a mesh pocket with something light coloured in it. Thanks for the info, Dave

Looks stunning in green 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I'm away all the coming week in Norwich of all places, but needs PPF, Tracker etc so big day is the 17th... ?❤️❤️❤️

The owner or the car ;) 

Had to go back to Oakmere today for the Elise, they put their green one in the show room.... stunning!!

IMG_3771.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

• Like 2

Imho Oakmere are a top outfit, look after customers really well. Paul who deals with the service/repairs is excellent. When some prick opened a door into my daughters Elise he said not to worry "will be just like new after we fix it" and it was. Great people to deal with.

cheers

Mark

• Like 2

Paul has an excellent attitude, every time I have been he greats me by name and can't do enough for me. Very nice bloke.

Did the car get hit this time Mark? If so, what a bugger. You can't trust people anywhere.

• Gold FFM

Here's an early link to my video review of the Sport 380. Probably less controversial than my 410 one!

A summary for those who don't want to watch. Car is brilliant, ludicrously fast. I'm not sure it feels that much faster than the 350, but that is more than likely due to my limited experience with the 350 rather than anything else.

Looks are dialled up to 11, car is now crazily aggressive.  Works very very well I feel. 350 is perhaps prettier, but this just looks angry (especially in this colour!)

£10k is a lot of money over a 350, but given how easy it is to spend in the Lotus options list, 380 could represent good value.

Only real negatives are seats in the example I drove (and apparently roof too) rattled like crazy. Now fixed I believe, but about the third Exige I have been in that did this. Also the Exhaust, as with 400/410 is not track-friendly which does defeat the purpose of the car.

It is probably not quite as fast over broken ground as a 410, I experienced quite a few scrapes in the 380 (possibly that front lip) where I did not in the 410. 410 is plush and comfy by comparison. Easier to maintain speed on lumpy tarmac. On track though it must be awesome. I can't see a 410 keeping up with this, no way.

I really liked it, it is a lot of money for a small platform car but this should thrash a Cayman GT4, and those are still trading above 90K, plus no-one dares drive them for fear of what it will do to the value. New 911 GT3 is probably very quick too but also unobtainable thanks to Porsche's new stupid policies and considerably more expensive than this car.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

@cbaileyuk, no it was about 3 years ago. It need a new front clam. The paint match was just incredible, especially in Starlight Black.

Glad you have the same opinion re Oakmere, helps support local business.

cheers

Mark

@Jayemm,

Not sure your £10k with all the carbon is correct, but a great video nontheless....

And the colour FANTASTIC in the flesh....

cheers

Mark