Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 11 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Sport 380

TLF News

Just now, Freejack said:

Which brings us back to your statement, that a 50th special edition could be worth a thought.

I think it really is ... get it for a good price ... you can always get more power later on ...

Yes, a lot more than 380bhp too!

Heck I hope someone gets one, I really want to see one in Esprit Sport 300 Mica Yellow!

:thumbup:

4 minutes ago, NW76 said:

I think it really is ... get it for a good price ... you can always get more power later on ...

Yes, I need to talk to my dealer and make a 1:1 calculation. Adding canards, wing, 2-way shocks and more goodies will shorten the gap between both cars.

Why I didn't order a Cup 2 months ago?

Edited by Freejack
  • Like 1

For me Lotus have lost the plot with the prices for the extra packs... Anyone whose taken a ganders over at Deroure will be shocked at some of the replacement part costs on the V6 let alone the back log! I hope the aftermarket pics up real soon to offer alternatives!

That said I'm kind of happy with Lotus increasing the RRP on their cars, as the residuals of the original v6 took a hit, so hopefully with the 'new' higher prices coming to the market the second hand values will strengthen. 

I hadn't picked up on the adjustable Eibach anti-roll bars those sound interesting lol

www.alias23.com

I paid less that 70.000 € last year for my V6S. Then Lotus wanted 6.000 € more for the 350 Sport and now Lotus wants overall 20.000 € (!) more for still the same car with a little more power and other minor improvements. If you want the 380 like shown you have to pay more than 100.000 € .

Sorry Lotus, the car is great, but the new back and the wing looks stupid and the price is totally nonsense !

Other manufacturers would call this a facelift and wouldn't ask for extra money. 

Edited by ArthouseCompany
  • Like 1

This is nearly exact my feeling, even I paid a bit more than 70k for my LF1. More than 100k for some minor changes tears me apart from my desires.

Some months ago I was offered to buy a Cup for nearly 85k which hasn't been a bad quote.

With those prices, I'm keeping my current v6 and saving for a 400 evora. not enough in it to justify changing

Based on some of the most recent posts I'm not convinced that people are really understanding that the 380 offers a fairly significant performance uplift.

It's the same with the 410 over the 400.

Maybe it is owners of the previous car being pissed off that a new model has upped the performance.

Whatever it is, the press seem to love what Lotus is doing with the 380 and 410. Long may it continue.

Lotus - damned when it does. Damned if it doesn't. I personally am loving this new light is right incremental gains approach. It is producing what looks like some super focused driving cars.

I mean a small manufacture from the green fields of Norfolk currently has the 250 CUP, the 380 and the 410 at the top of it's model ranges. Flook me. What an amazing line up at the price. What amazing performance at the price. And still we're not happy.

Bugger! ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I still love it. it's faster, lighter, more powerful and what I believe the v6 cup always should have been but put simply at the minute I can't afford an £80k car. If I could it would be ordered tomorrow.

Another 5star review, from CAR magazine.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/lotus/lotus-exige-sport-380-2016-review/

Lotus really are in a bit of a roll at the moment. Will be interesting to see what the mags come up with for their comparison tests as it seems there is nothing to match a 380 at this price point.

But these guys do have an issue with the price and knock it back to 3 stars, despite raving about the car itself. Weirdos.....

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lotus/exige/97840/lotus-exige-sport-380-2017-review

9 hours ago, nerobi said:

For McLaren 570S:

-25kg weight and +29kg downforce  = + £16,500

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/mclaren-570s-track-pack

For Exige:

Still sub1100 +30hp +52kg downforce(+ 60&) ~ +  £12k

OK they are not so related but since i saw the mclaren today.. 

Don't compare apples and pears. The Exige 380 has quite a few of the expensive options of the 350 as standard. Forged wheels, leasther/Tartan, Li-Ion battery, etc.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I really really like the look of the 380 but the premium to change over a 2014 Exige S is just a bit too high for me.

If / When they get round to putting the chargecooled engine in it and I can get one 6 months old that's when il have to restart the justification process with my wife.

I think a 410 / 430 Komotec kit on an Exige S would be as quick or quicker than the 380 so for anyone who just wants the performance you can achieve it for a lot less than price of buying a new 380 :)

Has anyone seen the geo setup for the 380? I was reliable told by Michelin you need at least 1.5 degs of camber to make the Cup 2's work

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Don't compare apples and pears. The Exige 380 has quite a few of the expensive options of the 350 as standard. Forged wheels, leasther/Tartan, Li-Ion battery, etc.

Isn't that the point though? You get a lot more for your £12k at Lotus than you get for your £16k at McLaren.

It's also clear that JMG wants to move into this rareified world of hefty premiums and eye-watering mark ups. Seems there's no other way to make money in the sports car business.

On 28 November 2016 at 22:45, The Pits said:

Looks amazing! Like a miniature Zonda!

Ha, nice one mate. I think if I had the money I could actually put that together. Have a tweak for the diffuser and pig snout too.

But I definitely don't have the money!

:D

On 28 November 2016 at 22:47, J-P said:

Phwoar!!!  Is it possible to make it look like that?  Love it ?

Would cost some money but I think it would be possible.

On 29 November 2016 at 08:52, NANO said:

congratulations for the wonderful job you did ... this is ...!!

:) thanks very much mate!

On 29 November 2016 at 09:20, Freejack said:

With a black roof it is too much back body work over there. I'd prefer a coloured roof which lightens the appearance.

But beside this personal opinion, you Mes, did a real great job.

You could be right mate, but I'd need to see it in proper 3d or real life to be sure. 

Thanks for the kind words though. 

On 29 November 2016 at 12:08, Crouchy said:

but if we are going as far as changing the front clam then why dont we take it a little further with new headlights too

I did have a go at the lights but had the same problem you did with getting the contours right purely by eye. But I really quite like the lights (I know they're a bit marmite) and I think we may be seeing the current ones for quite a while yet as I think they cost a freakishly large sum to develop modern high end lighting. Everything else I did, I think would be possible IRL... if only...

Liked the cheeky door lock removal :)

On 29 November 2016 at 16:00, C8RKH said:

I totally love that. what colour is that green?

My original intention was to aim for Isotope Green. It's probably a touch dark but I'm claiming a cloudy day. 

:)

20 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Ok now I have no choice but to ask you to wrk these skills of yours on the Evora... Sorry!

Ha! Oh mate, I'd love to. There are a few bits of the Evora I'd like to be different! Maybe I'll get around to it at some point. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MesTCS said:

My original intention was to aim for Isotope Green. It's probably a touch dark but I'm claiming a cloudy day. 

:)

Much closer to Toxic. No bad thing, per se.

• Gold FFM

So does anyone know if it has the same noise issues as the Evora 400?

For all this tinkering and options packs they keep introducing a track legal exhaust seems an obvious oversight

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com