Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
82 S3 Turbo What are they worth? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

82 S3 Turbo What are they worth?

Laurie Cross

Hi 

I am on the verge of being made redundant and now have to do the unthinkable and sell my car, it has a tatty interior the seats at least they are well worn with a tear on the drivers seat and the paint is slightly crazed on the filler caps and a little bit on one rear arch though when its polished you cant notice it stood 5 feet away, it has 100k miles or so and runs really well plenty of service history. When its clean it looks stunning.

I contacted UK sports cars today just to ask if they would be interested and he said he could give me the 8.5k i paid for it or a bit more 3 years ago or so, my problem is I am in Spain it is still rhd so it would be difficult to sell out here and will need to be re registered on UK plates.

Just interested to know what its worth, It needs to go but I don't want to get robbed in the process.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dont sell it.  If the worst happens with your job dont panic!  There is always something to do to earn a few Euros,  Maybe just have to tighten your belt temporarily but it happens to most of us at some time in our lives these days.  

Just dont.  You will regret it. If you do sell however 8.5K is too low even with the issues you have mentioned  IMO.

Truly hope the job situation changes though.

Sadly the work affair is a difficult one as I have been there so long they didn't want to make me redundant as it would cost them alot and now the company is on the verge of bankruptcy depending on how they deal with it I may or may not get my redundancy money, but since Brexit all the bookies are leaving Gibraltar so nobody is employing here atm! So the car really needs to go, though I don't want to sell it really.

Laurie

It looks good, a replacement front bonnet by the looks of it (later HC style) but looks nice. I would stand by my original view on valuation. Black with gold and a tan interior is a sought after colour combination.  

I see it has early front indicator lenses. I know very unlikely but not one of the last dry sumps by any chance?

Great looking car!  Bringing a car back to the UK isn't too bad, it's not a great time to be selling though, everyone's focussed on Christmas and you'd probably get more for it in Spring.  Agree it's worth waaaay more than you've been offered, i hope you get a good price for it good luck.

4 hours ago, Laurie Cross said:

Sadly the work affair is a difficult one as I have been there so long they didn't want to make me redundant as it would cost them alot and now the company is on the verge of bankruptcy depending on how they deal with it I may or may not get my redundancy money, but since Brexit all the bookies are leaving Gibraltar so nobody is employing here atm! So the car really needs to go, though I don't want to sell it really.

Good Luck to you Laurie,

Im in the very same situation but as Phil says,hang on as long as you can.your car is an investment and going up in price all the time.but i do understand we all have to get our priorities straight.

All the best.

I think Bazza is right at 15-20k in the uk market.

Going back to the summer there were pristine examples at  over 30k. However paint will cost at least 6k and interior retrim similar money, and thats without any servicing etc being due.

11 minutes ago, Laurie Cross said:

Thanks for the info guys.

Just agreed to sell it to someone on the forum, maybe less than I could have got elsewhere but it will go to someone that really wants it.

That wouldn't be someone going by the initials of BK by any chance........:thumbup:

• Gold FFM

Yeah yeah - I know

theres been some conversation about a busted v8 in my household the last couple of days.......

im only willing to push the good lady so far

• Like 1

Only here once