Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AIM Racing Display MXS - should I get it - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AIM Racing Display MXS - should I get it

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

More picks to follow on the weekend.

DPM is programmed as far as possible. I get a message when I go into Sport and get a message when I switch TC off with a permanent warning displayed.

Race mode was not possible to be programmed but easy to see when its activated. I go in Sport and get a confirmation and then when I switch to Race I can see an increase of 100 rpm in the rpm display.

Based on that increase maybe I can find a way to program it later on.

16 hours ago, NW76 said:

More picks to follow on the weekend.

DPM is programmed as far as possible. I get a message when I go into Sport and get a message when I switch TC off with a permanent warning displayed.

Race mode was not possible to be programmed but easy to see when its activated. I go in Sport and get a confirmation and then when I switch to Race I can see an increase of 100 rpm in the rpm display.

Based on that increase maybe I can find a way to program it later on.

You are right that race mode is very easy to detect - you can even hear the revs rise at idle, Having it displayed on the dash would be the icing on the cake. What is the issue with adding it? Thought the unit was fully programmable. Did Komotec say they cannot do it?

Hi Gary,

yes, they were not able to get the ECU Channel that communicates the Information on Race Mode with the ECU Driver Setup (Evora / Exige ECU) that AIM currently has available. It gives you 25 Channels of direct ECU information / communication (theoretically the AIM System could handle 120) and none has the info on race mode. There is a Cup R ECU configuration available that has more data channels (approx 40) but none at all around DPM mode information.

So, this would mean you need a full custom ECU driver configuration ... thats too much for me ;-)  

If anybody here has experience or an idea on how to configure it, I would appreciate it. Its not a burning issue but it would be a nice iceing on the cake ;-)

Cheers

Norbert

I agree with Norbert regarding the worthwhile upgrade, but I'll rather go for this very clever project, ran by a UK guy:

if respected, the £500 tag price is really impressive, especially regarding the versatility of the display (with OEM aspect), its integration, and all the I/O options : 

CAN x 2

analog x 4

direct inputs x 12 (6 high 6 low)

switch inputs x 5 (mini joystick)

frequency inputs x 2

outputs x 4

topic is there : http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/elise-lcd-dash-356313/index22.html

I have followed this as well. Very interesting and very reasonable cost / pricing. My rational to go to the much more expensive AIM system was the lap timing and race data analytics component. If you do not need this .Then the above is probably very good solution.

• Like 1

Have you seen this one? They have installe the 7" display! 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 4 months later...
On 03/03/2017 at 10:08, NW76 said:

Hi Gary,

yes, they were not able to get the ECU Channel that communicates the Information on Race Mode with the ECU Driver Setup (Evora / Exige ECU) that AIM currently has available. It gives you 25 Channels of direct ECU information / communication (theoretically the AIM System could handle 120) and none has the info on race mode. There is a Cup R ECU configuration available that has more data channels (approx 40) but none at all around DPM mode information.

So, this would mean you need a full custom ECU driver configuration ... thats too much for me ;-)  

If anybody here has experience or an idea on how to configure it, I would appreciate it. Its not a burning issue but it would be a nice iceing on the cake ;-)

Cheers

Norbert

Norbert how do you know when you have FULL traction control OFF...?

www.alias23.com

The ECU submits a value on the channel for that ... so it can be shown on the AIM display in whatever way you want.

The same is true for Tour and Sport mode but not for Race ...

But for me Race is easy to detect ... I put in Sport (which is confirmed on my AIM) and then just engage Race and see the Idle Revs slightly increase to about 950 rpm ...

2 hours ago, 550superfast said:

What about all the warning lights on start up? Isn't that a MOT issue?

The ABS one is but that's doable with an external LED type lamp.

2 hours ago, NW76 said:

The warning lights are programmed - the AIM is as an official display in the "TÜV /German MOT" papers...

But the warning lights have gone out before the dash is awake on ignition on

Yes ALL the warning lights can be read and displayed but only once the AIM dash is awake and working(This takes about 10 seconds by which time the Lotus warning light dash test has finished)

3 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

The ABS one is but that's doable with an external LED type lamp.

But the warning lights have gone out before the dash is awake on ignition on

Yes ALL the warning lights can be read and displayed but only once the AIM dash is awake and working(This takes about 10 seconds by which time the Lotus warning light dash test has finished)

Got it - this is not a requirement in Germany.

@Seriouslylotus do you have a specific "regular" V6 driver or are you using the V6 Cup R one?