Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige 380 vs Exige 360 Cup - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 380 vs Exige 360 Cup

DJW

All three press cars are stunning! I know this one doesn't have titanium exhaust however I was still amazed at the price because it does have the carbon stuff. If this is normal depreciation for press cars I can understand and there will be three very happy owners. I would lean towards the 380 at these prices although when spec'd up how I like it makes it £85k-£90k and that makes the 360 cup look a seriously good deal.

19 hours ago, Jamie-BellandColvill said:

Will do my best to hide it away for you Mes, I have never been great at selling the cars I like as I always want to keep them so you might be in with a chance :) Yes the exhaust will give 400 and Sport 380 owners the opportunity to enjoy the cars as intended, which is of course on a track! Our design with offer twin straight pipes as your rightly guess. We will hopefully have some pictures in the next couple of weeks to show. The Lotus Titanium exhaust will be different to our system, we have decided to try and make it quieter than the standard exhaust, their system actually makes it louder! I bet the Lotus system will sound incredible but unfortunately you will not be able to go on track with it.

Thanks for the info Jamie. It sounds fantastic. And I'm sure it will sound erm... fantastic!

:)

No I couldn't say that, it was purely a road drive on greasy roads in January. I'm sure it will be amazing on track if you can find one that will let you run that loud!

Quieter exhaust is a big advantage for the 360 Cup if you want to do a lot of trackdays. Sport 380 will be noisy days only.

• Like 1

I was thinking about the 380 or the evora 410 to replace the 350, but considering the noise, it's a problem.

I will discuss with my lotus dealer if he can propose a technical solution.

16 hours ago, The Pits said:

No I couldn't say that, it was purely a road drive on greasy roads in January. I'm sure it will be amazing on track if you can find one that will let you run that loud!

Quieter exhaust is a big advantage for the 360 Cup if you want to do a lot of trackdays. Sport 380 will be noisy days only.

I'm very much looking forward to reading your write up from your test drive experience, I've found your videos very helpful too.  

This has been an interesting thread.  I love the look of the B&C 360 Cup, the colour is stunning!  I also really like the idea of their exhaust option for the 380 to pass track day requirements; I couldn't buy a 380 knowing that I will struggle to go on track with it.  I've been switching between Elise/Exige but the Exige is much more attractive to me and the model I prefer.  Maybe a 360 Cup now and upgrade in a few years when the new Exige is launched….I can see I am trying to convince myself!

I need to book a day off work for a trip down to B&C for a test drive.

15 minutes ago, geartox said:

I was thinking about the 380 or the evora 410 to replace the 350, but considering the noise, it's a problem.

I will discuss with my lotus dealer if he can propose a technical solution.

If you read the earlier posts, B&C are developing a quieter silencer/backbox with Quicksilver which will fit the larger bore systems on the 380 & 400/410. 

44 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

If you read the earlier posts, B&C are developing a quieter silencer/backbox with Quicksilver which will fit the larger bore systems on the 380 & 400/410. 

Yes I have read it. It's a really interesting system. I will follow this development.

Concerning the "noise" challenge, in France many tracks (whereas they are in middle of nowhere) have to follow more and more restrictive rules regarding noise pollution (many tracks are under threat to close). BUT in the same time, a scooter/motorcycle can run (full throttle) at 2AM in the residential area by disturbing everyone, and no rules in the law to limit that?!?

Lotus should really take care of this "exhaust noise challenge".

• Like 1

Update on 2bular website this week saying a system is coming for the 311 but that will fit all latest cars ?

New "2BULARACE" product line specifically for track/race usage coming - including lightweight Re-Pack race system for the 3-eleven - but can be fitted to any of the V6 installs. The Evora 400 will certainly need this for track! New 4-1 race manifold + SDCP developed for the 250Cup. Pics and info soon.
Edited by RedViper

On 27-1-2017 at 21:12, The Pits said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIaMomULQ3IPp55D0GpBv

• Like 2

!

Jokke I know you are more eager than most to find out more about the car. I have been editing the video like crazy today, it will be over 20 minutes long. I will do my best but I don't think it will be ready tonight. Audio did not come out well sadly despite buying a lapel mic. It's taking a lot of work to fix it. Nearly there though.

Tomorrow for sure.

Sorry!

:construction:

• Like 2

Just uploading now. Decided to do a few last minute tweeks!

It will be on my channel in the next hour or so for anyone that's interested.

I'll finish the write-up which will be much more detailed. If Bibs approves it should be up later this week.

• Like 2