Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige 380 vs Exige 360 Cup - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 380 vs Exige 360 Cup

DJW

No problem, Jonny :)! I've seen the external mic near the seat belt ... thanks anyway for the time you used and for this feedback, it's great :thumbup: ! Can we say that it seems that you were impressed by the car, more than you expected :blush:?

• Like 1

Interior shots were from a Garmin Virb Ultra 30, supposedly shot in 1080/60fps. I was hoping it would be a great choice for shooting cars with built-in image stabilizer, overlays and supposedly better mic, but I don't think the image quality is as good as a GoPro on the same settings. The mic is utter garbage! The exterior static shots were taken with a Canon 60D which still knocks spots off the action cameras but is much more of a job to set up and operate. The moving external shots were done with a GoPro Hero 4 silver.

• Like 1

Thanks Jonny ! I am at work, so I had to read lips to understand a litlle from what you were saying :)

I just got the message at the end that it is a little beast and I think your lips where saying something like: a little less input in turning in, perhaps due to the higher tyres? Anyway I will have to wait your write up. Thanks for giving me this hard time waiting :D:D

This car had no track package? What is your feeling on how it would behave on track compared to the V6 cup car? 

Sound is indeed different, "sounds" good. 

Thx for the vid !

Edited by Jokke Vlo

No track package on the one I tried. Nitrons can only be a good thing for the track but at £3000 I would be tempted to go all the way to the Ohlins given your experience and driving ability. Hopefully the higher profile front tyres will mean better ride quality even with the race springs and dampers.

It felt just like the Sport 350 and that is very capable on the track. Front end grip can only be better with the 215 front tyres. The weather meant that it was impossible to assess front end grip sadly but it coped surprisingly well with the conditions. I wish I could tell you more about its track ability but that will have to wait for both of us unfortunately!

It is definitely a beast!

:thumbup:

Yes Jokke, it's this actual car, Ross Restell confirmed that it had the titanium silencer.

@The Pits : do you think that for a 350 owner, the 380 provides enough new features that justify to change ? (with the same money I can change the interior with carbon parts, do a komotec upgrade, buy ohlins suspension, forged wheels and more...)

My 350 is automatic, the "potential" improvements concerning the 380 IPS gearbox could be a real reason to change (from my point of view). I need to test a 380 IPS.

Edited by geartox

I can't comment on the auto 380 but I think they already made an upgrade to the IPS for the Sport 350. The 380 doesn't rev as high as the 350 so it might suit the auto well?

I'm sure some will always argue that tuning is a more cost effective way of increasing performance. It is if done well and I am considering taking that route with my car as I would love to experience some proper race car aero on a car that I know well. 

However it only makes sense if you spend less than the cost to change for a Sport 380 because you will be left with a modified 350 which may well be worth less than a stock 350. With a new 380 you pay the depreciation and that's it. And you have a brand new car built to your ideal spec with 3 year warranty too. Either way will be fun and expensive!

Enjoyed that.  I love the noise from my 400, but the 380 is even more intense inside the cabin 

Must admit the 3 year warranty vs 1 for the Cup is a plus  

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

2 hours ago, NANO said:

Jonny

first of all thank you for bringing us such a great "Test Drive" of the two baby ...

My personal opinion in the 380 feels much to change gear while the CUP ... it feels it is more "sweet" ...

Aesthetically, there are details that I personally do not convince me (rear spoiler, rear lights, etc.)

Noise ... nice ... but the CUP you put another exhaust and we have ..

Carbon, engine / power, wheels = OK

I still think that the CUP is still the CUP ... and I think that sooner or later Lotus will make the surprise ( in two or three years ) to resume construction of a car still made by Motorsport.

Hadn't forgotten my fellow V6 Cup owner, I agree with all you have written. The Cup will always be a special car for me. My car has been so good, given me so many great drives, too many to list and done it all without complaint. I could not have asked any more. I am so emotionally invested in the car it's hard to reach an objective conclusion. But I can imagine that for many trying both cars for the first time that they would find the Cup car a bit too raw and the Sport 380 even more exciting. The V6 Cup is a great road car almost by accident. The Sport 350 and now 380 succeed by getting the road and track compromise very right. I still believe the V6 Cup is faster on track than a Sport 350, as for the 380 we will have to see but it's testament to Lotus Motorsport that their cars are still on the pace. As I said in the video the Sport 380 filters out some of the feedback, with the V6 Cup you get it ALL. It is still the definitive Exige V6 for feel and communication, that was very clear from the back-to-back drive. But for some it might feel too alive and they might prefer the less intense Sport set up which is still a revelation for anyone used to 1500kg sports cars. I'm very happy that you continue to hold the Cup cars in such high regard, as I do, but now I'm writing my article here! Must get back to it!

• Like 2

Thanks Boss, much appreciated. Will send it over for your consideration hopefully by the end of the day but more likely tomorrow.

:comp:

• Like 2

Excellent.

Essex Blue is indeed an excellent colour!!

welcome to lotus ownership.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel