Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 ordered!!! - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400 ordered!!!

4exige

I offered my wife to drive my 400. Her response, no, she prefers her JCW Coupe. Pfffftttttt ;)

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pierre

i have the car now 2 Weeks and i am completle flashed about the evora. The Car is awsome. Best Lotus that i ever had. you cloud be excited...:)

Today I have been told off by my wife because I was rambling too much about how I could not wait hahah. My Elise is getting C serviced so makes me even more impatient.

I am buying a grey one, black interior with auto so I hope to use it as easily in town any day, for long WE or for a proper ride. Hopefully I can convert the wife to drive it thanks to the auto.

Edited by PAR

Delivery confirmed for Saturday pm!

Stefan, i saw the pictures of your family in the car. How old is your daughter and what is the seat she is using ? Looks like to fit nicely. Love the outfits.

Need to go car seat shopping as soon as I get the car!

Hi

My older daughter is 4 and the little one 2. i have testet a lot of seats but the best is this one:

clicky

There fit 2 seats perfekt together in the Evora for both children. And the children have pretty room for their feet. the seat is also not to big and looks good in the car. The cybex is also test winner in the market check here in austria... AND its not to exprensive B-)

My daughter is 2 year old. Do you use the same seat for both or is it a different one for your 2 year old? I saw the cybex and it looks quite a good fit but I am not sure how my daughter will like the bar.

Thanks a lot

Edited by PAR

1 hour ago, PAR said:

My daughter is 2 year old. Do you use the same seat for both or is it a different one for your 2 year old? I saw the cybex and it looks quite a good fit but I am not sure how my daughter will like the bar.

Thanks a lot

My son is nearly two and fairly "vocal" about most things.   He's happier in his cybex (juno 2 fix) than any of the traditional seats with harnesses.   It's also a million times easier to strap the little shit into the car. :D 

EDIT : I use a recaro in the evora mind you.....and the "occasion" of the car tends to make the strapping in process easier. 

Edited by LazyDonkey

Congratulations. Great that you have it home and the journey begins.

I said goodbye to my Elise 111R of 12 years this last week. Very sad. But look forward to getting my Evora 400 in a few weeks time.

Enjoy the croissant run in the morning..... What a great way to start the day.

• Like 1

Congratulations! I'm sure that you're going to love the car. 

After 9 months and 6000 miles I still have that feeling. I can't walk away from it without looking back and I'm constantly trying to find an excuse to drive it somewhere :driving:

12 hours ago, Zebedee said:

Congratulations. Great that you have it home and the journey begins.

I said goodbye to my Elise 111R of 12 years this last week. Very sad. But look forward to getting my Evora 400 in a few weeks time.

Enjoy the croissant run in the morning..... What a great way to start the day.

Col, if you need picking up from airport or whatever and a lift up there give me a shout - you have my number. 

12 hours ago, PAR said:

I stop at the light so to relieve the box I move it to neutral, as I try to restart I accelerate and press the D button, nothing happens... I block everyone for 15 seconds before I understand that I need to brake when pressing the D button! Total embarrassment!

Been there, done that. In fact, today, I embarrassed myself in front of Bibs

12 hours ago, PAR said:

Now i need to discover how to shut down the radio using something else than the mute button,

Give up now, there isn't one

Congrats and enjoy.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

If you hold down mute it will turn the unit off. The mute button design is very poor because it has a large indicator on the display which hides some of the vital information on the screen.

Enjoy it. Very different to the 111R!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

On 13/05/2017 at 20:56, rallyesax said:

Mine is just back from first service (run in end service). This car is so sweet :wub:

But i do prefer my manual gear box, the only one coming with a mecanical lsd :P

Out of interest, why is it only the manual with a LSD? Cost/space/layout?

The manual gearbox was engineered to accept one (being a RAV4 design). The auto box is a different design (coming from another Toyota model) so wasn't. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

The manual gearbox was engineered to accept one (being a RAV4 design). The auto box is a different design (coming from another Toyota model) so wasn't. Simple as that. 

Thanks for clarifying!