Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 30th April - Page 5 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 30th April

martynv

19 hours ago, THE AV8ER said:

How do i get a concession price ticket? £12.50

Fees are as here:

http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford/tickets-for-iwm-duxford

You could potentialy make a single entry on the day for £12.60, however you'll probably end up in the overflow area as we are now full unfortunately as per my previous post

1 hour ago, ST S1 said:

"Don't really want to be in the overflow area

I think there are some others with the same thought.

• Like 1

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Thanks Martyn.

I very kindly received correspondence from Choppa who stated that he would no longer be able to attend and, upon seeing my post on the Forum, stated that i could have his slot if that helps Martyn. I know it doesn't work like that but i am hopefull

Paul

Edited by ST S1
  • Like 1

Ok Paul you in :).  If anyone isn't coming PLEASE PM me so I can make room for others

Thanks

Martyn.

1. Martyn - Esprit SE
  2. Chris (Esprit22) - Esprit Turbo
  3. ChrisJ - Excel SE or Turbo Esprit - hopefully not both like last year :)
  4. Chipp-M100S2
  5. Nr2k - s1 elise
  6. Owen - Esprit GT3
  7. Phil Flash - probably M100 could be Elan+2
  8. Markw996 - S4 Esprit
  9. Loose Cannon - EspritGT3
  10. Mark Hur - Elise S1
  11. Steve A - M100
  12. Bibs - Elise S1 111
  13. Neal H - Evora 400
  14. Sparky - Esprit GT3
  15. Pete - Elise S1 111s
  16. Neil P - Exige S
  17. Paul F - The Mighty Esprit V8
  18. StuartM - Something Lotus
  19. Dave N Elise 111R
  20. Dave - Elise S Cup
  21. Baz - Elise 250 Cup
  22. Steve S3 - Elan+2 or Excel
  23. Steve1 (Evora or M100) or both :)
  24. Paul M100 S2 (LEC)
  25. Craig - Evora
  26. Dan - Evora 400
  27. Jimbo - Evora (or the Brabus if it's sunny )
  28. Rupert - Elise SC
  29. Wayne - Evora S
  30. Ade & Gina, GT3 & Evora
  31. Nigel - Esprit V8
  32. Nigel - Europa S
  33. Paul Saunders - Elise S2 Type 72  (Email)
  34. Dave - Excel
  35. Dave Eds - Evora
  36. Richard Cooper - Elan
  37. JayEmm - Evora 400 I suspect
  38. Stuart -  elan +2s 130/5
  39. Nigelsd - Esprit S2 
  40. Junks - Europa (If I can get the LHD headlamps changed in time!) :)
  41. Charlied - Esprit S4
  42. Rizla603104 - Esprit S4 - The Purple Nasty
  43. Phil - Exige S240
  44. jaydubya (Jon wilton) - Turbo Esprit
  45. Kathryn - M100 S2
  46. elise 147 - Elise S Club Racer
  47. Dave and Megan - black esprit - see you there
  48. Dave.G - Exige S320
  49. Simon (Sizona)  Evora GTE or maybe Esprit
  50. mpse14 - M100 or Elite 501
  51. huggy617 - freshly waxed Elise 220
  52. TimSportsTourer – Esprit S4
  53. Andy.j - evora
  54. Mike Bioxham - Esprit V8   (Herts Club Lotus)
  55. J141 - Evora S
  56. M6rk - Evora
  57. ST S1 - Elise S1

I'm sure when you all get directed down to the allocated area they will squeeze everyone in. They won't be counting at the gate and if they do say you've got too many, then use the overflow car park. Normally lots of lovely cars in the individual area so not so bad.

As per last year, those travelling from Norwich or on the way from Norwich who wish to make a convoy to the event. Meeting point will be from the Thickthorn services on A11/A47 Junction. Departure time from Thickthorn will be 8 am-ish.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:45, martynv said:

Fees are as here:

http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford/tickets-for-iwm-duxford

You could potentialy make a single entry on the day for £12.60, however you'll probably end up in the overflow area as we are now full unfortunately as per my previous post

Martyn,

will you be sending out joining instructions as you did last year?   

That gave us Car Club entry for £10.. and a requirement for drip trays if you have 'a leaker'...

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Full details will be posted on Monday. I always do it this way to avoid people getting confused as to which Sunday it is and turning up on the wrong day !

The good news is I have secured out usual spot in front of the Civil Airliners and Marshalls permiting we should be able to extend down to the Crash Gate as long as it's not obstructed.

Drip trays will be required for those with external bottom end lubrication :stuart:

The entrance fee as posted originally stands as £12.60 per person.

Martyn :)

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

I've just given the car a good clean ready for this, kinda thought it was the 30th tomorrow and did a @punky!! 

I have no idea what you are talking about! :whistle:

(actually I was a month early, sat in the services on the M11 thinking "where's all the cars?")

As it turns out I am able to make this with the Esprit.

I do understand you are fully booked and I am very late but If anyone pulls out can i go first reserve?

If not, no prob I can always stay at home and sulk!

Cheers

Punky

Hi All,

Duxford is this Sunday 30th April. The final details are as follows.

Firstly please read and understand the following information from IWM Duxford and remember I've signed these on your behalf:

IWM Duxford Spring Car Show Information for Car Clubs.pdf

In particular note the requirement for oil drip trays if your car has the odd leak and is likely to soil the grass.

This year the dedicated entrance gate on the A505 will be open from 9.00am till 2.00pm and the entry cost is £12.60 per person and £6.30 for Children over 5. Gate 1 is where you need to enter and this is marked on the attached map below, note this is NOT the general public entrance it's much further down the A505 there will be yellow signage 'Car Clubs' provided along the A505 directing you to Gate 1. We've been assigned our usual pitch in front of the Civil Airliners and is clearly marked on the map below. When you arrive please say you are with the Lotus Forums and the marshals will direct you to the correct area. If you arrive before me please stay with your car just in case we need to move things around and those of you who need to leave early need to make sure you're in the front row. We'll need to park fairly tightly this year to ensure everyone has room so please park carefully, the area in front of the Airliners will be two deep. If you are leaving early please watch your speed and take care as there will be crowds everywhere. 

Spring Car Show Pitches 2017.pdf

For Duxford you need to head for:

IWM Duxford
Cambridgeshire
CB22 4QR

If anyone wants to meet up for a chat beforehand  I'll be at Birchanger Green Services as usual from 8.00-8.25am, a bit earlier this year as the gates open 30mins earlier than previous years. Details as below:

Birchanger Green Services 
Motorway: M11

Where: at J8 and from A120

Postcode: CM23 5QZ

In case of problems On the day you can reach me on 07940 012011. Any questions please PM me or post in this thread.

Don't forget the entrance Gate is open till 2.00pm, so you can always come in the afternoon if it's raining in the morning or you just can't get out of bed !

I look forward to seeing you all next Sunday.

Thanks for your support

Martyn.

• Like 1

If anyone wants I can meet up at Hatfield Tesco before going to to Birchanger. It's about 45 minutes away so 7am, leave at 7:15

Chris

On 4/23/2017 at 11:49, martynv said:

Punky, I'll add you to the VIP Reserve list :):)

Martyn.

Martyn

I will be leaving before midday if that helps...

Dave.