Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 30th April - Page 6 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 30th April

martynv

No problem on a Samsung Galaxy phone. Have you got a 'pdf reader' app installed?

Edited by phil flash
addition

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Martyn - sorry I won't be able to make this. Can you give my place (no9) to someone else waiting?

Really bummed, have to cancel hotel too. I've been wanting to make this meet for a couple of years now but something always gets in the way. This time my wife has literally just been given a cancellation appointment to see a consultant for a pressing medical condition...on a Sunday! She asked when she could get another appointment if she rescheduled and was told...November! So apologies for no show, next year definitely. Perhaps.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

4 minutes ago, NeilP said:

Sorry if this has been asked earlier, do we pay on entry at the side entrance?

whats the general view on arrival times vs queuing?

good question.... i suppose any time after i have arrived works for me :)

NeilP -  Yes, pay on entry at the Car Club entrance - the plan shows 4 lines at 2 double sided kiosks. Last year I was told there was a big queue outside before opening time (09:30 last year) and it took a while to get in.  I thought that might happen so was aiming at a leisurely 10.30'ish to avoid queues but as I left the A11 onto the A505 there was a very long convoy of old Mercedes - probably over 80 ! They were going relatively slowly so was able to get past all but 5 or 6 before the single line road and turn in to Duxford.  Inside was a man with an ancient camcorder recording their arrival and didn't appear best pleased to have a Lotus 'intruding' in the line. Fortunately the Mercedes all wanted to queue for the same kiosk, for filming I guess, so I was able to drive straight to one of the other 3, throw £10 at them and go straight in. So it's all a bit random, time it wrong and there's a queue in front ... and this year it's £12.60 so expect a wait while change is counted out for most people.

The Car Club Entrance is off a 2 lane section of the A505 and I'm pretty sure they have a No Right Turn coming from Royston - you have to drive past, right round the roundabout over the M11 and come back. 

6 hours ago, phil flash said:

Inside was a man with an ancient camcorder recording their arrival and didn't appear best pleased to have a Lotus 'intruding' in the line

Brilliant! :clap:

12.60?  daft logic that....   

Edited by andyj007

Guys, I think I'm going to have drop out as I'm required to work this weekend so please pass my spot on to a reserve. I'm still going to try and make it along at some point on Sunday but if so I'll head for the public car park. Or would it still be worth trying to sneak into the car club entrance if before 2pm?

5 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Guys, I think I'm going to have drop out as I'm required to work this weekend so please pass my spot on to a reserve. I'm still going to try and make it along at some point on Sunday but if so I'll head for the public car park. Or would it still be worth trying to sneak into the car club entrance if before 2pm?

Neal I should try the Car Club entrance if before 2.00pm as some would have left by then and there's been several drop outs. You can always park in the overspill area anyway.

Sorry you can't make it Mark hope all goes well for you.

To all: The Car Club Entrance is clearly marked as Gate 1 on the PDF I put up on Monday. As for queues sometimes it's better than others, but the plan as always is to get everyone off the A505 and in to the Overspill Area in lines ready to go through the kiosks. It will almost certainly be quieter later on as the gate opens at 9.00am this year I would guess by 10.30am you may well be able to drive straight in :)

If you can find the right money £12.60 per person on the gate this will almost certainly speed things up.

On 2/28/2017 at 16:47, Dave Eds said:

Add me Mart. Evora. Need to be gone by lunchtime though.

Spud's place should be available for a 2 pm arrival.

52 minutes ago, trevorB said:

Out of curiosity, are there any spaces available after the dropouts?

TrevorB

There maybe space but I can't guarantee it unfortunately as we have to fit 55 Cars in a space for 50 as it stands. You can always come along and take your chance of course you never know till the day dawns how many will turn up. There is always the Overspill Area if our allocated area is full :)

the overspill area is just along a bit anyway, always loads of cars in there, almost a mini car show itself. especially as the weather looks cracking :)

Edited by andyj007

5 hours ago, trevorB said:

TrevorB

Wanna take mine and I'll slum it to 12?

Dave.

18 hours ago, trevorB said:

TrevorB

Trevor looks like your in as Andy can't make it.

Hope you can make it next year Andy :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, martynv said:

Trevor looks like your in as Andy can't make it.

Hope you can make it next year Andy :)

Martyn,  thanks for the notification and I shall be coming along.  M100 in silk red.

Trevor

Mark Hur and I are meeting up at Tesco Hatfield 7-7:15 then going on to Birchanger services.