Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1985 Lotus Range Brochure - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1985 Lotus Range Brochure

Not sure if anyone here is interested but I do have the original brochure for the Lotus Range for 1985 which I'm happy to scan and post up on here. The brochure gives tech specs, interior as well as exterior photos of the entire range, Esprit Series 3, Esprit Turbo and the Excel; 7 pages in all.

I also have the original brochure for just the Esprit range; 5 pages in all.

As long as I'm not breaking any forum rules and you'd like to see them then let me know.

steve

Scan10155.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea Steve :lol: (Any progress in tracking down your old Esprit yet?)

Wonder if there'd be merit in using this as an opportunity to start building an LEF online library of Esprit sales brochures? What do you think Bibs/chaps?

James

Great idea Steve :lol: (Any progress in tracking down your old Esprit yet?)

Unfortunately not James. I'm really hoping that it is in the hands of an enthusiast as seeing it in a bad way would probably just depress me :crybaby: I'm doing a similar thing with a 1987 TVR (350i wedge) and that is also still on the road albeit with another 9 owners since I bought it....no word on that either.

Okay, I've scanned the 1985 range below, hosted on Photobucket, although the photos will undoubtedly be small. If anyone would like the images sent via email in full 300DPi then just drop me your email addy and I'll get them sent to you. I'll do the Esprit Brochure later this aftrnoon/evening.

steve

Lotusrangepg1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

page5.jpg

page6.jpg

page7.jpg

page8.jpg

Yes, thanks!

Looking at the photos, I have a question:

In what year did the 9XX NA engines change from the old saddle-style cam covers to the newer turbo-tyle cam covers?

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

In what year did the 9XX NA engines change from the old saddle-style cam covers to the newer turbo-tyle cam covers?

Can't answer your question specifically but I've never seen an S3 that didn't have cam covers as per these pix.

• Gold FFM

The cabin shots on those Esprits look wonderful. All fresh and new - would love to get mine back to something resembling that.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Just a thought , but old brochure scans would make some good pages on LEW...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Tony

I've got the feeling some of the photos in the brochure aren't totally correct for the publication year, i.e. archive shots? Do you notice the red turbo has split rim compomotives which IIRC were 1980/1981 only? The yellow NA has the later 5 stud compomotives on it. Not sure if these brochures would give a reliable indication of model update times.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Tony

I've got the feeling some of the photos in the brochure aren't totally correct for the publication year, i.e. archive shots? Do you notice the red turbo has split rim compomotives which IIRC were 1980/1981 only? The yellow NA has the later 5 stud compomotives on it. Not sure if these brochures would give a reliable indication of model update times.

Yes, it's quite unusual that the 'Esprit' brochure doesn't have any dates whatsoever on it. Perhaps just a general brochure of that era that was available for potential Esprit buyers?

I wouldn't have spotted the anomolies to be honest :thumbsup:

steve