Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 for €26K [Euro] - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 for €26K [Euro]

GTK

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Funny looking car, it has the S2 vent cowls around the rear quarter windows which you rarely see on S1s, it has an S2 splitter and obviously an S3 front bumper and door mirrors.  Probably all added in the 80s to make it look newer.

• Like 1

Links says the listing has gone George ?  Looks like it did not hang around long and has already been snapped up !  I think soon for the early G cars that come up for sale potential buyers will need a chopper on stand by and suitcase full of cash :(

A

Works for me B-) Very nice.

Shame about the non standard bumpers and sunroof

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Actually, isnt that an S2?

Edited by rocket63
  • Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Cheers for posting Pigga,  First time i have got to see pictures of this car that everybody is talking about,   Very hard to say from a quick look if its an s1, or s2,    The interior has a s2 feeling about it,  however the green instrument panel is S1 turf i think,  It has intake ears, but they would of been added at the same time as the bumpers etc i would imagine. 

Engine bay wise, the s1 looks the same as the S2 i.e the closed in fiberglass to the engine, it was the esprit turbo and s3 where it all opened out with a removable boot floor etc. 

Also I think the early S1 had the wing mirror on the black trim i.e not on the door as in these pictures, and they have just been updated to suit the rest of the car but left in the same location, s2 cars have the mirrors on the doors like the late s1 cars.  

I would chassis numbers looking at first on this car thought as its a bit of a jumble, but a nice looking car none the less and although easily turned back to s1 spec it is a lot better than some of the butchered s1 cars that pop up now and again,  hopefully this could be the way to get someone who has always dreamed of owning an s1 a cheap way to get it.  looks like it will make someone a nice car hopefully :)

A

The instrumentation and Wolfrace wheels would certainly suggest that this an S1. The rear battery location also. The wing mirror, like the sunroof is aftermarket, so cannot be used to ID the car. S1s had none, window pillar mounted, and door mounted mirrors, depending upon when they were constructed.

The car has obviously has undergone a restoration and "upgrade" during it's life. Leather interior (a rare S1 option), steering wheel, gear stuck, door speakers etc.

Including those S2 "mouse ears" and chin spoiler.

LHD S1 are pretty common compared to RHD examples. Though most come up in the US. About 1 a month over the past 8 months.