Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello from Surrey - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello from Surrey

BatMobile

Congratulations, nice username! 

There's a meeting at Hofmanns tomorrow morning and also a regular and well attended meet at Newlands Corner on the 3rd Sunday of each month for bacon butties and natter. You'll find details in the regional sections at the bottom of the forum index page.

Join http://www.lotus-on-track.com/ who are one of the best TDO's about too :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks Bibs, yes my car was due for collection tomorrow but the detailer couldn't get out in time to do the ceramic coating so its been delayed until Thursday.

Newlands corner sounds good and should help me eat through the running in miles.

will look at joining lotus on track - is it best to insure with a firm that covers track days (like Mannings) or just cover for the day as a one off?

Hi and welcome :welcome:

great looking car....always did like the exposed gear stick linkage.......

very cool......:thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Absolutely stunning car! Many congratulations.

Loads going on here, quite a few Exiges going to Brands on Thursday 4th May. LOT is sold out but MSV and Bell & Colvill might have some spaces left.

Thank you elan, originally wanted metallic grey but after seeing the black in person, it just looks so aggressive I fell in love!!

the pits! Your videos I have watched many many times, and whilst I am trying to get through the wait to collect I find myself rewatching them! I am a track day virgin so whilst I am desperate to get into it I must admit to being slightly nervous at the same time. Any tips on how to enter it sensibly? 

• Like 1

@Bibs

Thank bibs, that's a great link, very informative.

my purchase seems to have inspired a friend however the car he has been offered is a 2016 build but will be registered as a 2017. It's a £64k spec car but he has been offered it around the £58k mark.

His concern is come resale will this be viewed as a 2016 or a 2017? Is this a common thing for lotus?

thought I would ask you guys as i am not able to provide him with any advice either way.

Edited by BatMobile

Congratulations for your new car, it looks stunning!  I like black cars.

I was pleased with my insurance deal through Mannings, with unlimited UK track cover they were competitive over a couple of others I tried.

Plenty of tracks offer novice days and I recommend taking instruction, its well priced for the benefit it will give you.  Increase speed in your own time and enjoy!  

Get the running in completed in good time, driving your Exige will get so much better after that! :)

We're well past April fools Alan!

Mark's advice is spot on about trackdays. There are novice days and sessions too if you want the most gentle possible introduction but you'll be amazed at your progress during the day in a S350, they are immensely capable on track and keep up with most things without trying.

You have a massive electronic safety net in 'tour' mode, so safe I bet you try 'Sport' mode before the day is out! Most trackdays start the day with very slow sighting laps and are pretty well regulated in terms of driving standards. LOT are pretty strict. But RMA days are better suited to more experienced track drivers. Let us know which tracks and events you are thinking of and we can give you a heads up on how suitable it might be for your first one.

You'll be fine though and will wish you'd done it sooner. In truth the track is a much safer place to drive fast than the road. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

8 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Absolutely adored your car yesterday Alastair!

Wow, it really picks up quick and that rev limiter is a lifesaver if you are concentrating and can't look down at the tacho as the bends are oh so severe on the back roads around Henley. Tyres work well though, squeal like a baby at full reverse lock! Donuts in Hofmann's car park were a piece of cake.

@Pat@Hofmanns said he would put the car right though. He reckoned that the "minor" stone chips and the wheel rim scuffing would polish out fine. He's a great bloke.

Alan you cheeky sod! 

Very much looking forward to handing the car over on Thursday, sadly the detailer we use is in high demand and we won't use anyone else as his work is beautiful, but only a couple of days to go now! 

As others have said lots of great ways getting into track days. I personally started by doing a novice day at Bedford Autodrome, and have had plenty of instruction. With Exige S350s being so capable out the box just take your time, get used to the car and above all enjoy it!

See you Thursday!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Absolutely adored your car yesterday Alastair!

Wow, it really picks up quick and that rev limiter is a lifesaver if you are concentrating and can't look down at the tacho as the bends are oh so severe on the back roads around Henley. Tyres work well though, squeal like a baby at full reverse lock! Donuts in Hofmann's car park were a piece of cake.

@Pat@Hofmanns said he would put the car right though. He reckoned that the "minor" stone chips and the wheel rim scuffing would polish out fine. He's a great bloke.

Thank god it wasn't slightly damp and frosty with a roundabout in the mix - could have been a whole lot worse 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Alastair. :welcome:

Looks like there will be lots of fun to be had in that.

Any qeustions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thanks guys, the pictures don't actually do it justice so I am desperate for the next 49 hours to come and go as quickly as possible so I can spend as much time looking at it/driving it as possible. 

On the flip side, my eagerness to be very busy to make the time pass has won me huge husband points with the wife......every cloud hey! 

• Like 2