Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Battery drain... - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Battery drain...

Hi all. I find that my battery drains even if I leave the alarm off-actually, does the alarm drain even if it is off? I suppose it must, otherwise I couldn't turn it on!

Apart from the radio (which I know draws a little to keep the clock running), what other current drains should I look for please? I have a battery tender but will trip over the lead if I leave it permanently connected.

:)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 05:46, LotuStuart said:

Hi all. I find that my battery drains even if I leave the alarm off-actually, does the alarm drain even if it is off? I suppose it must, otherwise I couldn't turn it on!

Apart from the radio (which I know draws a little to keep the clock running), what other current drains should I look for please? I have a battery tender but will trip over the lead if I leave it permanently connected.

:)

Yes, it does drain all the time.   I highly recommend a Lotus Battery Tender.  This has taken away a LOT of frustration when starting up my Esprit.  ??

The factory carries them (I think are included with new Evoras) and I have seen them on EBay and from Lotus Dealers.  This one does have an easy disconnect break in the middle of the cord, so you can disconnect in 1 second (without unplugging from the wall or battery) and not trip on it while not in use.

Cheers

IMG_6128.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend a battery tender also, just recently bought for my Esprit also. These cars really do have a preference on having a well charged battery.

Edited by kostas86

• 1 year later...

I know the thread  is a bit old, but....I installed a generic battery  tender....hardwired to my battery. It has velcro  on the bottom and I have the plug lead fished thru the boot and the cord is below the bumper. Doing it this way allows me to plug in the tender without opening the boot. I have it always plugged in and has eliminated any battery  drain  issues. Mark