Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2002 Rear Panel Conversion - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2002 Rear Panel Conversion

Hello all,

I'm thinking about doing the 02 rear panel conversion to my 1999 V8 (US).   There is a firm in LA which does these but I think they are aftermarket parts and upgraded Rear Lights.   Any tips on doing this, or any major pitfalls to avoid?  Some body work to be done with  a proper fit?

Cheers!

IMG_5178.JPG

IMG_6001.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the info on this.   Has anyone purchased the 2002 Rear panel from SJ Sportscars??  If so, are you happy with the results? 

cheers!

The SJ Sports cars rear light panel is different to the factory original one because it does away with the lip at the bottom. What you end up with is the panel fitted with an extra lip from your body on show. The upside of this is that it' easily reversible because the factory one requires you to cut off the lip off your body.

David

• Gold FFM
On 5/13/2017 at 06:02, kostas86 said:

Anyone know if there's a way to just do the tail light section and not entire center?

As far as I know Dino, the new rear is a single piece right across. It would involve a bit of cutting and joining to not do the centre as well. :construction:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I went the other way returning mine from the round lights back to original. Mine was the version that did not involve cutting the lower lip away so was relatively easy to put back to original. To do the conversion you need the back panel, lights and the 2002 rear wiring loom if you want to do it properly - but it should be noted you will still need to cut / modify the fibreglass of the car so the round lights can be recessed correctly. I would also be cautious of where you get the panel from as some are of varying qualities. Mine was very well made but unfortunately I do not know who made it (I don't think it was from SJ's).

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 02:37, ramjet said:

As far as I know Dino, the new rear is a single piece right across. It would involve a bit of cutting and joining to not do the centre as well. :construction:

Thank you. I am on the fence about doing the conversion.