Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Cup 380 - Page 40 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Cup 380

TLF News

And @Nightfire there's a thread to compare GT4 and Exige.... to me the GT4 is a Boxster ladies car with a wing..... with a lot of useless things inside...... starting with stereo, a/c, insulation, carpets, navigation, etc. etc. etc. etc. and regarding performance the same 380 Cup with the correct output which can easily be obtained after a software update, the Cup should be ahead. Who would want to have the same car as the hairdresser down the street (nothing against hairdressers....)....

But if you prefer the GT4 please yourself and do buy one... or since you're in NATO, buy yourself a HUMMER with machine guns on top and go out on track blowing away all other cars, you'll be ahead no question.......

• Gold FFM

It’s not an f1 car..... it’s a road car designed to be used daily.

What’s more important is driving experience and what the individual desires.

having driven Porsche’s - I’d frankly rather slam my cock in a door

• Like 1

Only here once

4 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

It’s not an f1 car..... it’s a road car designed to be used daily.

What’s more important is driving experience and what the individual desires.

having driven Porsche’s - I’d frankly rather slam my cock in a door

Yes sure, we all need 200kg downforce and a big rear wing in our road cars.. 

at a charity event(Telethon), I had the opportunity to meet the owner of this brand new Cup 380 ... He was pleased with his purchase, and I was impressed by the CF parts quality, and even more impressed by the fact that I found the CF seats quite comfy and adapted to my quite large hips  ! I won't have chosen this colour combo, but each to his own ...

24955440_531311887236807_492882073536736

• Like 1

Lovely car that and I love the colour combination. Striking!  :)

@Cristiano - the point about the wing and downforce is moot given that a lot of owners who buy an Exige CUP do actually take their cars on the track where they do actually use the wing and the 200lbs of downforce. 

Let's stick to talk about the 380 CUP as per the thread title. There are plenty of other forums and sites where you can talk about Porsche's and their merits all day with people who actually give a shit about Porsche's. Unsurprisingly, on a Lotus forum, I prefer to hear about Lotus cars. Of course you can continue to wind us up on here about how the GT4 is such a superior car but I feel the responses you get will be less and less friendly as you push the point.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sorry man... Really I don't get you here. I did not discussed anywhere about Porsche superiority (please quote me if I did). I said that Lotus should go on NS and do laps there as other car manifacturers do (including Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Alfa, etc..) to get convincing lap time and performance comparison. The Cup 380 can clearly get a better time than the one from the Auto Sport magazine.

I drive a cup 380 and I am happy with that (also clearly said in past posts). I didn't like the 430 to be released in this time frame (people can agree or not - this has also been already discussed). Really I never said anything about Porsche superiority or better performances..

Please read better what I wrote before commenting...

• Gold FFM

I’d rather not compare a British handcrafted masterpiece of engineering with a mass produce German automobile

chalk and cheese. If I had unlimited money - I’d support cars built in the uk 

Only here once

OK guys I'll butt out respectively.  My reading of the way the thread was going was that it was going to be another GT4 v Exige, Nordschleiffe times are the god of determining how good a car is or is not etc.

TI'll admit the many references to the GT4, the NS, "kit cars", and what I read as sarcasm re the wing and 200ibs of downforce wound me up.

Apologies for any offence, but maybe, just maybe, we can reduce the Porsche love-in a little at times. I'll restrain myself.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I agree.

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, NW76 said:

@Barrykearley then you better walk the talk and hurry up and buy one ;-) ... 

I’m a classic car man chap - you lot just look after them well for 20years

• Like 1

Only here once

9 hours ago, NW76 said:

@Maxi_z very nice ... looks and sounds like a lot  of fun!!! They should have taken yours for the NOS lap time ???

Btw: do you have to press the clutch for downshifts?!? 

It s not my car its another exige cup 380 in Italy that is fitted with a full 2bular exhaust and they just fitted a sequential gearbox.

I don t know but I think that they should depress the clutch for downshifts

You technically can fit those sequential gearbox to not use the clutch but usually they fit the parts to upshift without clutch but not downshift

I think it was the first trackday they did with the sequential so probably the driver should get used to it and they can fine tune everything

I can't imagine the cost of doing all this (Cup 430 money and more I suspect) but the results are pretty spectacular if you can find a track that will let you make that much noise. Or live near Monza.