Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Cup 380 - Page 43 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Cup 380

TLF News

26 minutes ago, Cristiano said:

Anyway, I wrote to my dealer, asking if they ever installed the DBW pedals above and they replied that without any pedal replacement it is actually possible to move the accelerator pedal 1.5-2.0 cm closer to the brake! Did you knew that? This is indeed the best solution in my opinion.

It would be interesting to know how they do this... never knew that was possible!

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

On 1/5/2018 at 20:34, Cristiano said:

When I bought my 380 Cup they told me 1 year warranty.. did they changed now? Is this retroactive and valid also on my car?

Hey were you able to get any updates on this? Do we have 1 year or 2 year warranty now?

10 hours ago, mark248am said:

Hey were you able to get any updates on this? Do we have 1 year or 2 year warranty now?

I haven't asked to my dealer. I guess maybe we can also contact Lotus directly via email..

22 hours ago, alias23 said:

It would be interesting to know how they do this... never knew that was possible!

Today I asked more details, and they told me they will move it to the left (not to the front), and that this is a quick work (10-15 mins). I plan to do that next time I pass there.. until then I could not tell you more. But most probably other dealers know as well...

Edited by Cristiano

39 minutes ago, mark248am said:

oes anyone else with a 380 Cup have the seat heater button that's there just to fill in the empty spot?

Mine is actually a functioning seat heater - one button for both seats. :thumbup:

Just realised you've asked about Cup 380. Mine is Sport 350. Apologies.

Edited by vd9
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

I suspect it was down to whichever panel/button that was available when your car went down the line. 

Too bad the catapult-button was not available when mine went down the line. :D

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, mark248am said:

haha! What lap timer are you using btw?

Usually RaceChrono. However, I got a problem with my Garmin GLO GPS that day: it was getting between 0 and 5 satellites only... Very strange because in previous video, with same car, GPS, position, and track I had 14 on average.

Anyway, this time all lap times and speeds collected on RaceChrono were a bit unprecise. So I had to create a Chrono in Adobe premiere to measure and print the correct time of best laps in the video.

Oh I was talking about the timer that was located on your left? (attached screenshot)

What OBD do yo use with Race Chrono? I bought 3 so far non work. The last one I got was the TONWON OBD2 which was one of the recommended one to work with Race Chrono and its also not working.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.10.19 PM.png

1 hour ago, mark248am said:

Oh I was talking about the timer that was located on your left? (attached screenshot)

What OBD do yo use with Race Chrono? I bought 3 so far non work. The last one I got was the TONWON OBD2 which was one of the recommended one to work with Race Chrono and its also not working.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.10.19 PM.png

I use OBDLink LX.

http://www.obdlink.com/lxbt/

Worked both on the Audi and on the Lotus. Have you tried your OBDs with another program? Torque? Also you can ask on RaceChrono forum as the developer is quite active there!

2 hours ago, DK7 said:

no critisicim to you! 

But not a very good time for a lightweight tracktool. A 991 RS can lap 2:00 in Monza. 

I hardly see this car doing that time without modifications: slick tyres, more engine power, better gearbox ratio (6th gear useless right now): then we can get there. I reach around 250 at end of the straight, a GT3 gets to 270 or more.. in Monza top speed can make a huge difference. I believe the aerodynamic of this car is not ideal for Monza (too much downforce & drag).

Of course I am not a pro and I can improve a lot. But again a GT3 is easier to drive for a Sunday track day driver.. 

I googled for Exige time at Monza but there are not many videos. I found videos of Elise Cup races: they do 2:05-2:06, but they brake 50 m later than me and those car are even lighter and with slick tyres.

Anyway I am happy to get suggestions to improve: there is margin for sure.

Edited by Cristiano
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Red is generally always my favourite colour but I just don’t think it works particularly well on an Exige. For some reason some of the flat colours make the Exige look plastic and red especially does this. Still beautiful clearly but think they suit metallic paints better.