Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEW's Oxford Meeting 2007 - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEW's Oxford Meeting 2007

Kato

Well if it'll make you smile, take centre stage Dave. :lol:

post-278-1179094242.jpg

I also had a great day - my thanks also to Kato & crew for putting it together.

I was priviliged to chauffeur Bibs and lunch with Brian A so feel I've now really mixed it with the "top brass" of our community. :lol:

No really all of you - great company, much enjoyed, many thanks. See you at Castle Combe......

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day guys, thanks for organising it! No one can control the weather, just sod's law! Really enjoyed Philippe's tales of pirouetting his F1 cars and Brian 7 Geoff's insight into Lotus goings on.

DSCF1549.jpg

Thanks to Mat for the wheel swap, soundslike you an me both are going to be dimantling out cars over the next few weeks but I have no doubt the S2's will rise trimphant once again!

The weather turned out nice on the way back and had a good blat with Graham down the A34 despite the joyful Sunday drivers slowing things down at times.

DSCF1551.jpg

Thanks again to eveyone!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

AND FOR THOSE THAT DID NOT GO....

Apart from the copmpany and the entertaining and informative lectures/talks

you missed out on this !!

The food was pretty darn good.

( Mind you at one time I thought that was 'A long drive for a salad' when we suffered a power cut ! )

Y'All better come next year !

Mike

Edited by MKE40

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

I've got a few photos. Could someone explain how to upload them please?

Glynn...............I don't understand what Jill means.

Jill..........this is our secret. Don't let anyone else know.

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

ahem.. the real picture finally emerged!!!

IMG_1598-1.jpg

i wish i could have been there if only because the food looked nice :lol:

im hopefully going to be at castle combe and will get to meet more of you guys there.

si

Edited by bigsi

met the real Limhal some years ago and have to say Kato is a much nicer person and in no way does he deserve to be associated with the real Limhal who was a compleat t*ss*r

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Well I've got to photobucket so here are all of mine

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/ma...ford%2013-5-07/

I also have about a 90 sec video clip of the cars arriving at Heythrop. Size is 188mb and I can't get it on youtube. Anyone any ideas how I host it for you all to see?

Forgot to mention Phil (noneshallpass) checked his oil levels and then drove off forgetting to put on the filler cap (sound familiar?) so don't be too alarmed at the couple of smoking engine bay shots, his cars still lives!

I think most of you have sussed the wheel changing but in case not, I swapped front wheels with Pete Gentilli so that he could eliminate the wheels as a cause of his ongoing vibration issues (see separate thread). Sadly it made no difference, but the comparison with mine has given him another angle to look at (steering column), watch this space......

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Great day out, shame about the rain but I did manage to get back to London with only a few showers leaving Oxford.

I stopped at the Pear Tree services on the way back and the duck that was wandering about in the morning had found himself a mate and the small puddle at the rear of the car park had now turned in to a small lake which they where both swimming around on !, shows you how much it rained during the day :lol: .

Really enjoyed all the talks etc. especialy Brians recollections of testing the Renault gearbox in europe. I wonder what it was like being traped in an Esprit on the top deck of a car transporter, quite scary I bet :D .

Thanks to Kato and all the organisers.

Martyn :lol:

heh!

See how detached and angry i look waitning for my food:

IMG_1609.jpg

And see me when i get it, rather than choose between the too, i hid some chocolate cake

under a pile of profiteroles and chocolate sauce, i've got it all over my hands too, like i care... :lol:

IMG_1616.jpg

Lush!

I would just like to add what a brilliant day yesterday was. Despite foul weather it was great fun and wonderful to be part of an Esprit convoy. Many thanks to all the organisers for doing such a great job, have also much enjoyed the pictures too.

Was a wonderful opportunity to be able to chat to Brian Morgan regarding our now almost infamous gear stick!! He offered numerous thoughts and advice; hopefully there will finally be an end to me attempting to pull away in third whilst Jason screams hysterically, and I will no longer require the services of an osteopath each time I do manage to get it into first. It's not a female thing.....it's officially buggered!!!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Just want to say thank you very much to all the main men organising a great day yesterday!

Sam and I had a great day and it was lovely to see friends old and new. I have been testing Sam on various Esprit trivia and she realises why i think??? She commented mostly about how nice everyone is and i had to agree... top people in our community.

Cliff thanks for the hoon down - glad i got to show Phillipe F1 what the NA needs(GLOWING SNAIL POWER)...Your S4s was an absolute beauty-congratulations on that one!

Alex great to see you again mate glad you didn't need a power nap. Hope you make Castle Coombe?

Dodgy hope your hangover has cleared - you looked rough mate! Got worried when you walked the long way round in the rain when we saw you feeding the ducks!

Kato, Bibs, Dermot, Paul, Rob thanks for all your hard work - despite the weather and the power failure the show went on!!!!

Phillipe - tres biens et merci monsuier. You are a gentleman and a legend thanks for the talk of your glory days.

Thanks Brian and Geoff too-learned a lot there cheers.

Take care guys and (gals) see you all at Castle Coombe.

Rog and Samantha.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Thank you Bibs. We have both very much enjoyed viewing those. I wish we had been able to take a shot of you whilst the car you were in overtook ours.....it made for an hilarious site......man hanging out of Esprit window with hair flapping in the wind!

P.S. Both of us much hoping to be at Castle Combe, purely in a spectating capacity!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

I spoke to Brian today who had a great time yesterday. He's asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone involved in the organsiation of the day and to give his best regards to gang :coffee:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I spoke to Brian today who had a great time yesterday. He's asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone involved in the organsiation of the day and to give his best regards to gang :coffee:

Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone elses. Dispite the weather Gina and I had a great day.

Great pics Bibs especially like the action shots of our GT3.

I took quite a bit of video yesterday which I am editing together with some music to hopefully post on utube in the next couple of days. I will put a link on the site when its up.

Thanks again

Ade

• Gold FFM

Another 400 plus very wet miles covered and a really enjoyable day had. Apart from the windscreen wiper packing up on the way home (glad of the shallow rake though) Nice to put faces to a few names not met, and again good to catch up with all others.

Many thanks to all organisers and thanks again to all speakers. As a 'first time' attendee, would def. come again. :coffee:

Apols for pic quality.

post-910-1179179869.jpg

post-910-1179179883.jpg

post-910-1179179904.jpg

post-910-1179179919.jpg

post-910-1179179941.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I'd just like to add my own thanks to Kato, Paul, Rob & Dermot for putting on a great day and to Brian, Jeff and Phillipe for their interesting talks. I had a great time, and I'll definitely be back next year.

Good to meet some more new people & hope to catch up with some of you again at Castle Combe.

Shame about the weather, which followed me home & just kept getting worse. Had a few scary aquaplaning moments, but nothing like as scary as the behaviour of some of the morons on the m-way. Thank goodness for Rain-X, 'cos the wipers wouldn't have coped on their own.

Lots of good photos of the event, I think this one is what Henri Cartier-Bresson (the father of photo-journalism) called "the decisive moment" :coffee:

IMG_1707.jpg

More speed, less haste