Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where are all the 3-Elevens? - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Where are all the 3-Elevens?

I broached this subject in the 3-Eleven forum last week, but that doesn't see much activity, so I wondered if I could find out more from the potentially wider audience of this forum.

Apparently, two years after the Goodwood FoS launch, the 3-Eleven order book closes at the end of this month. JMG's target was 311 units for the production run. Does anyone really know how close they are to reaching this number? Did the 340R and 2-Eleven predecessors ever fulfill their intended sales targets?

I was expecting some track experience companies to snap them up, as well as race teams for competition, but I haven't come across any yet.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Regarding Switzerland I know for sure there's been only one ordered....by my dealer in Geneva.... problem is that the car is not homologated as a road legal car in Switzerland.... my friend took the chance, received it about 10 days ago and started immediately the whole process....we'll know more about the end of this month... probably the car will be homologated after slight adjustments... but unfortunately too late I'm afraid.... otherwise I would have taken on too.... and probably they'd sold several of them between 5 and 10 in Geneva only I'm sure.... I don't know about the rest...

• 2 weeks later...

Lotus will stop taking orders for the 3-11. According to Hethel, they've sold 140 and they've a manufacturing schedule booked well into the winter months to complete the orders. The reason for stopping the orders is mainly "Brexit", since the cost of the various imported parts have skyrocketed and due to the low volume are difficult to negotiate with suppliers and this increase in costs has taken away their margin..... snifffffffffff.... Maybe with the deal with Geely they could find a solution for sourcing parts at better conditions.... we can only dream...... tough life out there in the automotive industry

• 2 months later...

Lotus never promoted it. Very few have ever driven one or had the chance to try one. At £90+K most people would want to try before they buy. I tried and decided to go another way. I'm doing a full write-up on my experience with the 311 at Castle Combe so will save my thoughts on it until then.

There's so much they could have done to promote it, taken one to popular track events and got people out in it but the factory had been on a cost cutting mission to prepare it for a sale and promotion of any kind was virtually zero. Car mags didn't do much for either the Lotus or 311 though but I understand Evo wanted one for track car of the year and Lotus declined for reasons best known to themselves.

Look forward to your write up Jonny. I'd absolutely loved to have bought a 311 and having driven it can confirm its a hugely involving experience, breathtaking. Shame it was a little costly, or is that "reassuringly expensive"

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• 2 years later...

I know that just over 180  3-elevens out of the 311 planned initially  we produced and only 12 430s out of 20. Lotus closed the chapter of the eleven for now. It’s not even on their website. I bought the last 430 and it’s the end for the eleven legend.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1