Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
98 wing mirror plasticky bit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

98 wing mirror plasticky bit

hello

when removing storage bag my already cracked plasticky bit snapped off... so i need to find a replacement... where do i even start... cant even describe it !

so here is a picture... can someone please tell me what to look for... it is the piece in the middle...of the picture

uKrPILh2.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you mean the cilindrical plastic cover, I have one those spare. Needed to replace the RHS mirror last year, got a complete one and kept the other bits from the old one. They can still be found at second hand Citroën suppliers, but getting scarce.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for !

Getting rare as used on db7 and tvr chimera as well as Citroën cx

struggling to find a spare mirror at the moment

Edited by Laika

I caused some confusion.

I am looking for just the plastic trim

But to get that I am now looking for the entire mirror unit from a citroen cx

Directions to possible sources appreciated

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Alternatively you could replace them with much more common and lower cost mirrors, which is what I will probably do if mine get damaged. I can't remember what @Alex Carter has put on his V8 but they look ace and presumably the electric motors and heated glass is compatible? Alex?

Alex.jpg.30c5b4005e2c050fc61658765407566c.jpg

Yes I still have the originals but wanted something better I used Honda s2000 mirrors the electric and heating still works . I actually think the angle suit the car better than the French pos ones . They're way more sturdy and don't wobble at speed .the foot print is the same so I can change back if I ever sell to a purist . 

Edited by Alex Carter
  • Like 2

@Laika just had a look at S2000 mirrors on eBay, you can pick them up for £25 each inc. postage. I'm very tempted to do mine anyway (painted to match - I will buy some s*itty colour that nobody wants!) and store the originals. If anything is going to get whacked on the car then it will be them!

• Like 1

Good good. Keep me posted, I might pop round next weekend if you're about. Just bought a pair of S2000 mirrors off of eBay for well under fifty quid. Way to go!

Oh and Laika, please sign up for Full Forum Membership please. You will get your money back in cost saving tips buddy!

• Like 1

@laikathedog Depending on what's happened to your trim it is possible to repair them.

One of mine had a section of the lower, larger diameter part broken away so I repaired it using the cap from a small can of spray paint. Once glued up with some Araldite and painted satin black you can't tell!

IMG_0592.thumb.JPG.726aa2148dffa35c16926563183e16e0.JPGIMG_0593.thumb.JPG.57287970507eb6a7838b05bbe3a929fe.JPG

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• 2 months later...

just to make things worse i am now missing the black front from the same  mirror !!

there is a nearside mirror case on ebay uk if anyone else that side... i need offside, uk drivers side!

Edited by Laika