Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I picked a TVS1900 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I picked a TVS1900

Nice one Dave,  If ssc have found a way of shoehorning this into the Evora that will be one very nice upgrade. I haven't heard anything from them though.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2017 at 16:28, Seriouslylotus said:

Collected the car from Hofmanns with my trailer. Just done 20 miles round my test route..

Two letters to describe my car now

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Shoulda just driven it home? :unsure:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

11 hours ago, Simply Sports Cars said:

Hi Guys,

We have literally just this week re-designed the mounting adapter to give us clearance for Evora fitment. I have a bit more work to do on an evora specific intake but thats the easy bit. One more install here and we will be god to go with the Evora 1900 kit.

Just an FYI, The upgrade from Evora S to 1900 is fairly straight forward but going from NA to either 1320 or 1900 needs a lot more parts, more time for the install and the ECU needs to come to us for the upgrade. There are also other aspects of the install which require the Lotus dignotic tool. Either way to save the barage of questions now, just know that we are on the case and the kit will be up on our site and available through Hofmann's as soon as we are ready with it. This should realistically be about 8 weeks from now.

Stu

Good to meet you today Stu - thanks for your time and I'm looking forward to getting mine done soon :-)

Simon

18 hours ago, Randy said:

Looking forward to doing manifolds, I think it will make a real difference.  You and Gary might have to arm wrestle for the fist set though!

The SSC solution sounds the go to solution for the price vs others on the market.

But why is it that everyone whose got one installed seems to suggest they'll be jumping to installing manifolds soon..?

Is this an eagerness for more power? Or a bottleneck as the OEM manifolds feel restrictive which I can't understand as everyone is suggesting better drivability...

www.alias23.com

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:20, alias23 said:

The SSC solution sounds the go to solution for the price vs others on the market.

But why is it that everyone whose got one installed seems to suggest they'll be jumping to installing manifolds soon..?

Is this an eagerness for more power? Or a bottleneck as the OEM manifolds feel restrictive which I can't understand as everyone is suggesting better drivability...

For me changing the manifolds is a very simple choice.

It removes two massively hot cats from the engine bay. This must help keep things cool.

The added benefit of a bit more top end power is bonus, but I am more than happy with the torque and power the car now has using the standard manifolds

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 13:36, Randy said:

Looking forward to doing manifolds, I think it will make a real difference.  You and Gary might have to arm wrestle for the first set though!

Idea!!!! Order more than one set....

47 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

For me changing the manifolds is a very simple choice.

It removes two massively hot cats from the engine bay. This must help keep things cool.

The added benefit of a bit more top end power is bonus, but I am more than happy with the torque and power the car now has using the standard manifolds

Idea!!!! Order more than one set....

Thanks Dave that makes complete sense now

www.alias23.com

On 6/18/2017 at 08:20, alias23 said:

I think its a matter of plucking low hanging fruit.  The airways in and out of the engine will always yield the best £ per bhp ratio.  Once the SC kit and the exhaust are done the only way to go from there is to look at charge cooling and/or internal engine mods, both of which will be much more expensive.

36 minutes ago, Randy said:

I think its a matter of plucking low hanging fruit.  The airways in and out of the engine will always yield the best £ per bhp ratio.  Once the SC kit and the exhaust are done the only way to go from there is to look at charge cooling and/or internal engine mods, both of which will be much more expensive.

Thank you. Will Hoffmann be publishing pricing for parts and labour of both phase 1 (charger) and phase 2 (manifolds)?

It would be good to get a rough idea for future financial planning ?

www.alias23.com

5 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Thank you. Will Hoffmann be publishing pricing for parts and labour of both phase 1 (charger) and phase 2 (manifolds)?

It would be good to get a rough idea for future financial planning ?

The TVS1900 kit is £4130+vat but may be subject to exchange rate variations, I know Hofmanns have held the price for quite some time now

Fitting is £750+vat

Apparently no prices on the exhaust stuff yet as its still in development

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

The TVS1900 kit is £4130+vat but may be subject to exchange rate variations, I know Hofmanns have held the price for quite some time now

Fitting is £750+vat

Apparently no prices on the exhaust stuff yet as its still in development

What sort of power/torque figures do you end up with (in theory)?

3 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

Any update on this - have you managed to get it back on a rolling road yet?

No RR yet

But did a trackday

Very very progressive , no flat spots coughs etcetc.

Much quicker to pick up the pace

Would definitely do it again

• Like 2

sounds like a great mod for this car Dave. 

(too many projects on to contemplate spending money on the v6) 

as an aside...did they fix your rocking drivers seat? and if so how? -  my dealer and factory complaints guy just fob me off with TADTS!

I'm happy to do it myself, if I know what I've got to do.

That's just fine

4 hours ago, stratosboy said:

as an aside...did they fix your rocking drivers seat? and if so how? -  my dealer and factory complaints guy just fob me off with TADTS!

I'm happy to do it myself, if I know what I've got to do.

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 17/06/2017 at 04:16, Simply Sports Cars said:

Hi Guys,

We have literally just this week re-designed the mounting adapter to give us clearance for Evora fitment. I have a bit more work to do on an evora specific intake but thats the easy bit. One more install here and we will be god to go with the Evora 1900 kit. This should realistically be about 8 weeks from now.

Stu

What if anything can/needs to be done with the ECU maps for the new intake / supercharger? I'm vaguely suspicious when I hear talk of the stock ECU being able to compensate accordingly.

With respect to upgrade of manifolds, would you recommend or support a combination of the 1900 and 2Bular manifolds?