Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brands Hoon. M11/A14/M25 Westbound - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brands Hoon. M11/A14/M25 Westbound

Tentenths

Kimbers,

I'll aim to meet you all at Stansted services at 7.15. I'm working late so may struggle to get out of bed early! Having said that I'll try my very best as it'll be great to get a convoy together. I'll PM my mobile number to you Kimbers.

Brendan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris

As our man on the spot, is the Brook Street Little Chef and/or service station still there? Are you gonna join us?

James

Hi James / Chris

Thanks for your PM's. It looks like Brentwood is getting quite popular now ( Probably since Chris lives there !! :rofl: ) . I'll meet up with you there as soon as you've decided place/time, 8.15am sounds Ok to me. Don't want to get up to early. Looking at the following links the nearest Little Chef is on the A127:

Location finder clicky

Stick Brentwood in as location.

The Holiday Inn in Brook Street as previously mentioned

Location Clicky

Martyn :P

Edited by martynv

You can say Brentford if you want, but because I live there, I prefer to call it Brentwood!!

Sounds good to me, I will pass that way tonight and check out the little chef parking to see if has enough spaces and look at the Holiday Inn to see if that would be better. Will post again on this thread about 7ish.

How many of us are going to meet there??

Thanks Chris.

At this stage I think we've got 6 definites and 4 probables:-

Kimbers

Martynv

Lemoncurd (Ben)

Esprit22 (Chris)

BC007 (Brendan)

Tentenths (James)

Alex - GT3 ?

Mancunian (Richard) ?

The Saint (Keith) ?

Funkyyellowgibbon (Ashley) ?

So, work on the basis of ten to a dozen. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together :rofl:

James

Edited by Tentenths

Chris

As our man on the spot, is the Brook Street Little Chef and/or service station still there? Are you gonna join us?

James

Does the brown bear dump in the woods?... Yes matey, I will be there. As I say, I will check out best venue tonight and post best one to meet about 7ish. Just got to get a firmer time when we should meet, any thoughts??

Does the brown bear dump in the woods?... Yes matey, I will be there. As I say, I will check out best venue tonight and post best one to meet about 7ish. Just got to get a firmer time when we should meet, any thoughts??

I guess the woods around brentwood are quite smelly then :cry: .

On a more pleasant smelling note, we're gonna need a plan to get through the Toll Booths at the Dartford Crossing. I guess at the very least everyone needs a

I guess the woods around brentwood are quite smelly then :cry: .

On a more pleasant smelling note, we're gonna need a plan to get through the Toll Booths at the Dartford Crossing. I guess at the very least everyone needs a

Are you sure Keith? Will be much quicker to go M11 and we could meet up at Attleborough and drive in together? Also will be leaving at around 6 from Wymondham. so should miss that bsted.

Kimbers,

Bit early for me. Won't be leaving Norwich until 8:00 - 8:30 see you down there.

Keith

I'm of to work soon so if there's any changes to the meeting points or times could someone text me on my mobile please - 07852687451.

I look forward to meeting you all at Stansted services at 7.15 and Brentwood Little Chef for 8.15 ish.

Cheers

Brendan

Good idea Martyn, Reckon that you should go through toll first, as your car is slow so we can catch up easy! :angry:

Hmmmmm. Has that oil burnt off your turbo yet ? don't want oil spots on my pristine white paint work :cry:

Martyn :animier:

PS: Have we agreed on 8.15-8.30am yet at Brentwood

OK, this is where we are going to meet. FORGET the Little Chef and the Holiday Inn, it will be a pain for all of us to turn right when leaving as it can be a busy road. Instead we will meet in the car park of The Nags Head (yes, it's a pub!).

Drive past the Little Chef, on the left, then past the Holiday Inn, on the left, look to the RIGHT and you will see the Nags Head (if you go through the traffic lights then you have missed it!!)

The car park is well big enough and we should all be able to leave in convoy. I spoke to the manager who said we have to leave the carpark by midday....hmm, shame it's not open at 8.15!!!

Anyone unsure of anything my mobil is 07976 834744.

So unless any other ideas, then it's The Nags Head at 8.15 to 8.30. B)

(for sat nav users the post code is CM14 5ND)

Edited by esprit22

Good point Chris... thanks for going and having a look; also for speaking to the pub manager.

This clicky will bring up a map that has the Nags Head marked on it.

So, it's now the NAGS HEAD, 44 BROOK STREET, BRENTWOOD at 08:15 - 08:30

Edited by Tentenths

Good point Chris... thanks for going and having a look; also for speaking to the pub manager.

No worries, the manager is a chick who liked the idea of sexy Esprits at their pub!

Well done Chris. Will see you guys in the morning then.

Edited by martynv

I'm of to work soon so if there's any changes to the meeting points or times could someone text me on my mobile please - 07852687451.

I look forward to meeting you all at Stansted services at 7.15 and Brentwood Little Chef for 8.15 ish.

Cheers

Brendan

Have just sent a text to Brendan telling him the meet has moved to the Nags Head in Brentwood.

Erm...Chris we'll be coming down the opposite side of the road. Is it dualed or can we cut across right into the pub. If not is there a roundabout to go round?

Having led the convoy to Yarmouth I know how easy it is to lose someone who's not concentrating....well it was 30 someones I seem to remember.... :animier:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

No worries matey, there is no intersection, pass the Holiday Inn and the pub is fifty odd yards on the right, before the traffic lights- infact put yer right indicator on just after you pass hotel and you'll be sweet. :animier:

Will,

We'll sneak you in. Did you get a car park (photocopied) ticket? If nopt maybe someone here can copy one of theirs...if not get in the middle of the convoy and I'm sure they'll wave us all in as we'll be all in Esprits (except me) and the parking is Esprit only so you'll be fine.

Will be great to see you at Stanstead, C U Then. PM me your mobile number so that we can call you if you're not there (don't wanna leave without you).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just me heading to brands from up north. I will try and make the convoy meet off J28 of M25 by 8.20ish but cant promise. I have borrowed a sat nav so getting there should be straight forward. I hate early starts!!!

See yer tomorrow

B)

I'm sure I mentioned this before but just so you all know, the LEF stand is right in front of the hospitality area (in front of the shops) so when you head in head straight along Colin Chapman way and you'll see us there.

I'm heading down at 7am to set up, call me if you need me :animier:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.