Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Castle Combe - Page 4 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Combe

esprit22

I will be driving down sometime sat am, depends what time evreything kicks off down at the combe some nmeg'ers are going down fri i think

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said earlier in this thread that the people going on track have to be there for 8am. If it's run like most trackdays, there'll be signing in, then a briefing session, so the track action probably starts at 9am.

If anyone knows otherwise, please jump in.

I was planning on getting there between 8 and half past. Since Oxford, when I got up at 4:30 thanks to an alarm malfunction, I've discovered a whole new part of the weekend that I never new existed! If you want to meet up on the way that'd be cool.

Any NMEGers staying over Saturday night? I've got Sunday in my diary as "Castle Combe Hangover" :)

More speed, less haste

will the LEF/LEW tent be in attendance?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Yep, Bibs and Laura will be sleeping in it at this rate...mumble mumble...

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

According to the instructions we have from CL the gates are open from 7am and registration is from 8am. I assume the earlier you get there the earlier you get on track after your briefing.

The LEF marquee will indeed be there Howard and it's book on the day (early I'd imagine) for the pax trips Mat ;)

Very interested in this. Heading over from Berks. What sort of time should I get there to be in time? Was planning to arrive around 9am. Is that early enough? Thanks.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Alan may want to correct me if this year is likely to be a bit different cos there's not been any LoT charity action in the past....but in my experience the day isn't really run like a normal track day anyway. There will be something over 100 cars who will have paid for just 2 track sessions, each of which will last under 15 mins (about 6 or 7 laps). You are encouraged to take one in the morning and one in the afternoon. This doesn't sound like much but actually works out fine. Only Lotus cars are allowed on track. You can register at any time in the morning, but they encourage before 11 cos you may not get your two goes in if you leave it too late. There is also "scrutineering" (really a 105db pass/fail noise test) and a useful briefing - they tell you where its slippery in the wet, how not to put it in the tyres at Quarry, and that its not a competition so overtake in friendly (straight) places and let faster people past etc. Various grouping methods have been tried, but every year it tends to end up just being a bit of a marathon wait in the queue. No real hardship - they are all Lotus's with excited owners in them - and there's plenty of time to walk up and down. The main parking area will probably be over 80% Lotus - maybe 200 cars if its good weather - and there's usually a couple of Tivvers, Rarris and maybe even a Lambo to point at. Its very busy from mid morning to mid afternoon. People start to drift away at about 3 and there's still 2 hours track time left at that stage. If you can be bothered to stay later and queue its possible to get loads more goes in at the end.

IIRC theres No camping allowed on site at the circuit.

There's not usually any "type" allocated parking, tho Bibs has done some kind of deal with Alan for a LEF area this year. However, just as at Donnington, there may not be anyone to police it, so we may find ourselves scattered, especially if we end up being mob handed and arriving sporadically through the morning

The programme is simple.

Lots of Lotus Cars turn up.

from about 9 til 1 some go on track in groups of 12 for 15 mins.

1-2 (ish) circuit closes for marshals to have lunch

about 2 til 5 more of the same track action

There's usually some trade stands/autojumble but not all that much

There's loads of friendly people to natter to all day.

Any potential passengers need a helmet and to sign in. Wear something that covers arms/legs (cant go on track in your shorts Ian!)

Bring a big grin.....its a fantastic day out.

Ask some more or PM me if I've not covered what you want to know

See ya there

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Wear something that covers arms/legs (cant go on track in your shorts Ian!)

;) Thanks for reminder Mike. Track out for me this year, as I have small daughter with me. (A big NO from the mother department)

Will bring helmet if anybody wants to borrow and passenger though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

just checked my helmet , IT still fitts ;)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

i just checked my helmet too.. i had to get kell to blow the cobwebs off....(Skims the decency mark with that one!)

bib you havent pm'd me your moby number for saturday, so i can call you as we get there for parking etc.

Silly question, can one just go to Castle Combe to spectate?

Also are there still spaces left to take on track?

Not silly at all.

Yes, there are loads of places to sit/stand to watch all around the circuit, but your best bet (to be with the 'in crowd') is to follow the signs for participants/competitors and park with the assembled Lotus cars.

Can't comment on track places remaining - you'd be better off phoning Club Lotus.

Sy

Lotus Elan Central Administrator

banner.jpg

Yes and yes.

LEF have an 'Esprit only' section at the trackside with a great view of the action.

Contact Club Lotus to book your track session asap, there are only a few places left ;)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Yes and yes.

LEF have an 'Esprit only' section at the trackside with a great view of the action.

Contact Club Lotus to book your track session asap, there are only a few places left ;)

Would I be welcome in the LEF section in an Excel?

Say no if you want to - I can take it......

:)

Paul.

Silly question, can one just go to Castle Combe to spectate?

Also are there still spaces left to take on track?

Sometimes people make last-minute cancellations, so CL try to sell on those places.

So it MAY be possible to get a slot on the day. Don't depend on it though.

Paul.

No worries Dave :)

Paul, it's an LEF section, you're more than welcome (so long as you park at the back ;)) - jokes!

Excel's are lovely, we'd be pleased to welcome you :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Paul, it's an LEF section, you're more than welcome (so long as you park at the back ;)) - jokes!

Excel's are lovely, we'd be pleased to welcome you :)

Thanks.

I thought you wouldn't mind, but better to check now rather than upset anyone on the day. :)

Paul

Sorry guys.....hard of understanding here! Can I just clarify something.....do I need to book/pay in advance to bring the Esprit to the LEF section? Arriving early and hoping for a good view. Thanks.

Edited by Katie

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.