Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Castle Combe - Page 6 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Combe

esprit22

Looks like I might be going, do you think anyone there will have a Tech 1, if so I will definately bring the Esprit. Also if we are parking in the LEF area does that mean we need to go in the competitors entrance?

Phil

98GT3

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've set the stand up, we've got a huge area in the paddock. Head in the competitors entrance, I should be on the gate to guide you in but it's right opposite so you can't miss. See you there :respect:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Nice one dude. We've got an area opposite for non-Esprits so you're right next door to the sexy cars :respect:

You saying my volvo aint sexy???....... Ok ..I wil get my coat!

Phil,

Do you mean freescan? I have an ODBII cbale and software I can bring with me. I might also by able to get hold of the freescan cable too!

Dave Walters

Looks like I might be going, do you think anyone there will have a Tech 1, if so I will definately bring the Esprit. Also if we are parking in the LEF area does that mean we need to go in the competitors entrance?

Phil

98GT3

What time does this start?

I'm bringing the family along in my 997s 'cause I'm currently looking for a car to do hill climbs and sprints in..so this is your chance to talk me out of buying a elise :rofl: ;-)

Oh, why I remember, Prescott hill clmb is having a "french weekend" over this weekend. They have a Veyron and F1 car racing up the hill. !! This is near Cheltenham so not far away. May be worth a look as you are in the area. http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/

See you tommorow.. oh I'm the fat guy with the car mad 5yr old.. :respect:

Phil,

Do you mean freescan? I have an ODBII cbale and software I can bring with me. I might also by able to get hold of the freescan cable too!

Dave Walters

Hi Dave,

No I don't mean a freescan cable, I have loads of those! I mean a Tech 1 scanner that is used to read ABS codes.........it was a long shot!

Phil

98GT3

• Gold FFM

What time does this start?

Should be able to get in around 8am (from previous years)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Phil,

I will have a chapt with you about your ABs tomorrow.

See you all in the morning!

Dave Walters

Dave,

I'm not sure how anyone is going to recognise who is who, but it may help that I will have my son with me, who is a few inches shorter than me and a bit of a stick with short hair!!!

Phil

98GT3

I'm not compeating......do I still go through the competitor's entrance?

There are no competitors, everyone just piles into the paddock unless they know the circuit and want to park elsewhere. It's all very informal. There might be a couple of people on the gate to give advice, but that's about it as far as organised parking goes (within the bounds of common sense). Go through the competitor's entrance, you'll be fine.

Paul :respect:

Edited by PVK 596Y

You won't be shocked to hear that I was tending to concentrate on the Elans when I was around the track taking photos, but these two beauties happened to get my attention too. I have the fullsize originals if anyone wants them.

25_resized.jpg

26_resized.jpg

Lotus Elan Central Administrator

banner.jpg

I took 90 odd photos including some of BigSi's car at the "pre event polish" and also a couple after handover..........

The first 3 are of me as a passenger in an Elise with a 300 bhp supercharged Honda engine. well worth the

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Great pics Guys to round off a great day. Many thanks to all in LEF and Club Lotus.

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I have had a couple of days to reflect on Saturdays events at Castle Coombe. Its was a wonderful day and the handover to Bigsi was a moment I will never forget. I am really glad I had my kids there to witness what good people and families do for each other. Truely tremendous. Lots of people chatted and took an interest in Caitlin and Calum to make them feel part of something which was more than a big boys and their toys day, thankyou to everyone for that.

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r252/al...over/?start=all

Here are a few of my fave shots from the day:

Friends mixing....

PICT1128.jpg

PICT1129.jpg

Bibs pondering a new plate, just missing a letter tho!!

PICT1133.jpg

great mix of cars on display, shame I couldnt take Ellie

PICT1136.jpg

Action on the track

PICT1140.jpg

Does this suit me????

PICT1146.jpg

Bigsi has arrived and the moment begins to build, everybody is relaxing.... he is non the wiser

PICT1154.jpg

Tension mounts and the parade lap is delayed due to an elise crash on the track, driver was airlifted to hospital

PICT1157.jpg

PICT1159.jpg

He has seen it but cant belive it!

PICT1164.jpg

Is that really my car???

PICT1167.jpg

Sunglasses all round because of the bling!

PICT1166.jpg

An amazing day!

PICT1173.jpg

great day and thanks to Katie for the cakes....wonderful

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Oh god, after looking at all those pics I realise that, though I'm obviously good looking, I don't look good in photo's. thank god most of me are from the back!! Bibs, on the other hand is the other way round!! :unsure:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
great day and thanks to Katie for the cakes....wonderful

Totally agree :yes Thanks Katie

Anybody else go home with 'wind burn'? Forehead starting to fall apart today :unsure:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

With all the emotion...forgot to congratulate us on the turnout - a most impressive display of Esprits and certainly the best ever at Castle Combe.

At 9:00 am I put Lionel on the end of a line of as many Esprits as usually turn up all day.

148fs188772_th.jpg

But by lunchtime, our bit of the line is so far away its hard to see in this shot. (Beyond the pink lady!)

148fs188875_th.jpg

And there were even more around the corner behind me (and indeed others around the paddock car parks)

148fs188913_th.jpg

Fantastic sight - well done all

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

got to add a thankyou to Katie for those lovely munchies :)

and did anyone catch where the photos of the day are getting posted on the net (the official ones)

with all the commotion, there was not many pics being taken of the track, anyone got one of my car??

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)